Author Topic: Carbonda Gravel Carbon frame CFR707  (Read 53755 times)

jannmayer

Re: Carbonda Gravel Carbon frame CFR707
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »
I just approved the quote and will order as soon as they come back with the payment info. I went with an XL, external routing, and matt finish since I'm going to paint it myself. I'll post updates as the build (slowly) progresses.

Zdrenka89

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2021, 01:55:55 AM »
Sounds great all! I am looking forward to see how a real bike looks when built :)

Are you guys planning to go 1x or 2x? Anything crazy like the new Rockshox Rudy fork or a dropper post?

jannmayer

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2021, 08:08:58 AM »
I'm going to build it with Shimano GRX 2x (mechanical). No shocks or dropper post, although I do want to get a Redshift ShockStop stem once I have my fit dialed in. I plan on having two sets of wheels, one for mixed road/gravel and another for rougher trails.

wfl3

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2021, 09:44:09 AM »

I'll be going 1x wireless with SRAM Rival AXS -  42t or 44t ring with a 10-44 cassette

No suspension shock, but may add the new gravel wireless dropper

40mm or bigger tires and plan on taking it on tech trails as well as gravel rolls

adriaanm

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2021, 01:20:34 PM »
My CFR-707 size S is painted! External routing (externally from handlebar into frame). Rainbow color. Shipping via DHL (7-14 days) is $160. Paid by wire transfer.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 01:55:23 AM by adriaanm »

Zdrenka89

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2021, 12:55:58 AM »
Looks great! All the mounting options your could ever want  ;D

hahel

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2021, 03:04:56 AM »
I just approved the quote and will order as soon as they come back with the payment info. I went with an XL, external routing, and matt finish since I'm going to paint it myself. I'll post updates as the build (slowly) progresses.

@janmeyer Can you share your body mesurments? length and inseam?
I'm struggling on deciding which size i need, i'm 193cm with an 93cm inseam, when i compare this frame with my other (road)bikes it's long in reach. To get a comparable reach im in between L an XL.

carbonazza

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2021, 03:13:52 AM »
My CFR-707 size S is painted! External routing (externally from handlebar into frame). Rainbow color. Shipping via DHL (7-14 days) is $160. Paid by wire transfer.
Nice ! It looks like a sturdy bike, ready for everything.
I still have a hard time with the seat tube and seat stays junction.
CUBE Agree bikes have a very similar one.

jannmayer

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2021, 08:23:36 AM »
@janmeyer Can you share your body mesurments? length and inseam?
I'm struggling on deciding which size i need, i'm 193cm with an 93cm inseam, when i compare this frame with my other (road)bikes it's long in reach. To get a comparable reach im in between L an XL.

I'm about 188 with an 89 cm inseam. You can't directly compare the reach of this frame to a typical road bike. Like many of the newer gravel bikes, the 707 was designed with a longer front center for stability on rough terrain, and you compensate by running a shorter stem. An XL 707 with an 80mm stem gives me about the same handlebar position as my L Canyon Endurace with a 110mm stem. However, the front wheel will be about 40mm farther forward on the 707, so it should be more stable on the technical descents. (And there will be more toe clearance, even with fat tires.)

The XL 707 is very close in measurements to the L Canyon Grizl. That bike comes with an 80mm stem and has essentially the same handlebar position (Reach+ and Stack+ in canyon terms) as the L Endurace.

adriaanm

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2021, 01:24:06 PM »
Just a heads up for those buying components ahead of getting the frame: the chainstays are 30mm at the flatmount bolt holes (so you need Y8N208030, 43mm).

Frame looks great -- love the rainbow paint job. Weight within spec. It built up really easily. To keep things simple, I'm using a regular stem and handlebar, and I'm running full-length cable housing to the rear derailleur, so I had to slightly drill out the provided plug (which would normally act as a cable stop), and I "repurposed" the included di2 plug for the hole where the RD cable housing exits the frame.

Now waiting for the bolts and a new headset (affordable IS52/28.6 | IS52/40  choices are a bit limited) to complete my build (long story, I broke one of the bearings of the included headset -- the fit was super tight and I accidentally opened it while trying to removed it).

Zdrenka89

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2021, 02:29:53 AM »
Any pictures of your progress so far?  ;D

adriaanm

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2021, 02:58:48 AM »
I don't have any good build pictures to share yet (maybe if I have some time over lunch). I have some pictures of the frame, though! :-)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 03:00:47 AM by adriaanm »

Zdrenka89

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2021, 03:53:56 AM »
Lovely finish from Carbonda as usual! The paint is pretty killer!  8)

The thread inserts looks quite high quality. They look like the might actually handle some load. Would you agree?

adriaanm

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2021, 04:18:34 AM »
I'm not an expert, but the bolts all feel very solid when tightening them. I've inspected the inserts that I can see internal in the frame and they look pretty solid (rivet nuts? no idea -- as I said, I'm not an expert :-)). I hope to one day go bikepacking with this, but no plans right now.

carbonazza

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2021, 04:35:35 AM »
I'm not an expert, but the bolts all feel very solid when tightening them. I've inspected the inserts that I can see internal in the frame and they look pretty solid (rivet nuts? no idea -- as I said, I'm not an expert :-)). I hope to one day go bikepacking with this, but no plans right now.

It is a size S right ? What is the weight ?