Author Topic: Carbonda Gravel Carbon frame CFR707  (Read 54644 times)

checkonetwo

Re: Carbonda Gravel Carbon frame CFR707
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2023, 07:24:24 AM »
Hi All

I just ordered my 707 frame with the handlebar.
I'm planning to go for a grx rx815 DI2 2x11 groupset but as I've never installed a DI2 group before I'm wondering what specific parts to order. (Junction boxes and cables).
Do I go from a battery in the seat post to a junction box near the bottom bracket and a y-split in the handle bars?

Can't wait for painting to be done, it will take 5 weeks to paint I was told.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 07:45:06 AM by checkonetwo »

2old2mould

« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2023, 09:16:33 AM »
Since your carbon repair dude already stated it’s a crack, are you not worried about a complete failure while riding? Seems like it could really throw you of if you were riding and could cause serious injury

I'm not too worried about the frame cracking further. The area where the crack is present is now secured using the alloy bridge which will provide addtional support. The area itself I don't think is of much structural significance, being mostly an area of carbon to fill the gap between the two seat stays. If it where the fork steerer, head tube, chainstay etc then I'd certainly not be riding the bike.

artdesign

« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2023, 12:05:28 PM »
Do you use or have you used the headset that came with the frame?
After assembling, it seems to me that they have a noticeable slack and everything is already screwed and there is no way to turn it tighter.

acedeuce802

« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2023, 12:16:29 PM »
You can also use an FSA ACR headset.  Is there enough gap between the top of the compression plug and the top cap?  I thought mine had enough of a gap, but the top gap sinks down into the stem more than other top caps I've used, so it turned out to not be enough.  Added a few mm spacer on top and it tightened right up.

artdesign

« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2023, 02:35:14 AM »
You can also use an FSA ACR headset.  Is there enough gap between the top of the compression plug and the top cap?  I thought mine had enough of a gap, but the top gap sinks down into the stem more than other top caps I've used, so it turned out to not be enough.  Added a few mm spacer on top and it tightened right up.

I have this integrated carbonda cockpit and a set of headsets from them too. The fork seatpost is cut below 5mm to hide the entire cap but it's not enough because there is still a noticeable play that I don't have in any of my bikes.

Will my purchase of a new headset solve the problem or do I just have a defect in the frame head?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 02:56:11 AM by artdesign »

sivan

« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2023, 12:50:40 PM »
if i want to use my current post mount brakes on the carbonda cfr707 frame and use a 140mm adapter what size do i need on the rotors ? 140mm? I read something about min diam on the frame is 160mm

carbonazza

« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2023, 12:53:24 PM »
if i want to use my current post mount brakes on the carbonda cfr707 frame and use a 140mm adapter what size do i need on the rotors ? 140mm? I read something about min diam on the frame is 160mm

When you don't put a spacer below the caliper, you can put a 140mm disc on road/gravel bikes usually.
Here it is 160mm by default. 180mm if you put the usual spacer to go 140 to 160mm.

coffeebreak

« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2023, 12:56:02 PM »

Before you do that, check if the rear triangle is tall enough to mount FM-PM adapter+post mount caliper. I had TRP Hy/Rd post mount calipers and they won't fit on my frame. Later on I found that many other frames have this problem because of dropped seat stays and manufacturers really want you to use native flat mount calipers. Some post mount calipers might fit worth doing a research before hand.

sivan

« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2023, 02:15:06 PM »
Before you do that, check if the rear triangle is tall enough to mount FM-PM adapter+post mount caliper. I had TRP Hy/Rd post mount calipers and they won't fit on my frame. Later on I found that many other frames have this problem because of dropped seat stays and manufacturers really want you to use native flat mount calipers. Some post mount calipers might fit worth doing a research before hand.

ok thx. i guess if they don´t fit i have to upgrade the brakes as well . (maybe i found a "reason" to upgrade to axs... :-) ) 

i guess my sram rival hydraulic brakes looks a bit smaller (lower) than a trp hy/rd brake . ok we will see
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 02:19:22 PM by sivan »

sivan

« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2023, 01:05:00 PM »
When you don't put a spacer below the caliper, you can put a 140mm disc on road/gravel bikes usually.
Here it is 160mm by default. 180mm if you put the usual spacer to go 140 to 160mm.

so if i use no adapter at all i should have 160mm rotors ( and flat mount brakes) on the cfr707

jannmayer

« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2023, 02:04:25 PM »
so if i use no adapter at all i should have 160mm rotors ( and flat mount brakes) on the cfr707

That is correct for the rear. The fork still needs the 140/160 adapter.

Opadeira

« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2023, 03:45:33 AM »
regarding shifter cable routing (external routing):
Can someone please clarify for me if the cable housing should be routed all the way through the frame or is the part inside the frame without a housing?

FabioZang

« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2023, 06:02:29 AM »
Hello, I believe that the cable housing should always pass through the frame, regardless of whether it is a fully internal or semi-internal routing frame. I hope this helps you.

regarding shifter cable routing (external routing):
Can someone please clarify for me if the cable housing should be routed all the way through the frame or is the part inside the frame without a housing?

Pajazo

« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2023, 07:55:21 AM »
Does the 707 have proper eyelets for full lenght mudguards? I'm contemplating between a 696 or 707 frameset for a commuter that I will use in rain and snowy winter conditions.

Opadeira

« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2023, 11:07:50 AM »
Hello, I believe that the cable housing should always pass through the frame, regardless of whether it is a fully internal or semi-internal routing frame. I hope this helps you.

are you sure? I just got the chance to open up the frame at the bottom bracket and it very much looks like the cable is supposed to run without housing in the frame. See photo. I just dont get where the upper endstop is supposed to be, the ports into the frame dont seem to support a cable housing endstop.

Can anyone maybe share a picture of how they wired up their front derailleur?