Author Topic: WHO HERE LIKES BUILDING BIKES  (Read 728 times)

BIGOIL

WHO HERE LIKES BUILDING BIKES
« on: September 10, 2020, 07:15:04 AM »
Hey everyone,

Is there a thread that contains full bike builds?

I"m finding it difficult and to time consuming looking at all the different carbon frames and components and what will work with what. This way the bike bike guys get to build the rig they would have built in paper and people can come and check out these all encompassing bike packages. What do you guys think? They basically have the same thing but in computer form, where you put your intended usage and your budget and they build you the best option for buck.

Thanks

MTB2223

Re: WHO HERE LIKES BUILDING BIKES
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 07:17:36 AM »
I see your new here. Please read this forum and you find a lot of builds here. Good luck.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 11:36:08 AM »
It can definitely be overwhelming with all of the different options and confusing naming schemes and component specifications. A comprehensive guide of all the various frames separated out into their different categories and a list of their specifications (what components will work with them) would be nice but pretty difficult and time-intensive to put together.

I would suggest taking it step by step and first just identify the type of frame you want then looking through the build threads for that specific frame and then start your own thread. While there isn't an all-inclusive guide for all frames... once you know which frame you want, all of the info is within those specific build threads. Some even have spreadsheets they've built that would serve as a guide that you could use. But yes, you will have to put in some time researching... no way around that one, really.

Welcome to the forum.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 07:13:56 PM by Sitar_Ned »

BIGOIL

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 01:20:03 PM »
I do like the building my own bike part. It's the components part that drives me crazy, if i haven't used the the component how do i know if its what i need. This is why a proven component list would be nice. I've seen some lists on the forums, which is good but they are not easy to find and far and few between. Maybe ill make a difference post discussing the specific build i'm looking to achieve then start digging. Thanks for the reply.