Author Topic: Stumpjumper clone  (Read 47255 times)

Castolian

Re: Stumpjumper clone
« Reply #180 on: December 24, 2021, 03:19:55 AM »
Just leaving this here for future buyers... So I have been in communication with Airwolf regarding the poor Quality of their bolts that they use. They wanted to get out of sending me new bolts since they see it as Consumables, and the warranty only covers the frame, even though I only received the Frame in November and the bolts are already worn out. So in my opinion they will use anything to try and get out of warranty claim. I love the Stumpjumper frame itself but I do think you will need to think twice before ordering from Airwolf. Perhaps another manufacturer that has better service would be a better option, else I would recommend going for another frame as I doubt if anything should go wrong with this frame that you will get assistance from Airwolf. I needed to threaten them with registering the transaction as fraudulent with my credit card company due to the frame being unusable without the bolts. They have agreed to send new bolts now, for me it was about the principle of the matter of supply poor quality bolts, I will be opting for the Specialized bolts kit and letting something machine the other bolt for me that needs Right hand thread as well.

xlam

« Reply #181 on: December 24, 2021, 01:17:56 PM »
Airwolf does not make frames, but orders from the factory. The bolts he can send will be just as bad. Good bolts can only be made by yourself, they must be longer.

naeTech

« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2022, 07:44:42 AM »
After reading here about soft bolts ... I went through the threads in the frame with a tap and cut out tight bolts under the resulting thread ...

All bolts make for 6mm key. Bolts in Front triangle without trough hole. Make a space for install some rubber seal. Main tread M12x1mm.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 10:28:49 AM by naeTech »

ftajiri

« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2022, 08:41:17 AM »
After reading here about soft bolts ... I went through the threads in the frame with a tap and cut out tight bolts under the resulting thread ...

hi! do you can share the bolt size specs? thanks

Guyzer73

« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2022, 07:11:57 AM »
So, I've had the had the Stumpies clone for a good few months and generally love it. Had some issue with bolts as above but only that the front bolt for the damper didn't screw in fully and as told to 7se some force by AWST... Bolt broken and I bought a new suitable bolt.

However, i have ruined the paint on the frame through stupidity and transport so want to repaint. Was thinking tradiotnal Stumpie silk matt anthracite with red, but any other suggestions? I don't want a "bright" frame so main colour should be black/grey... Looking for inspiration....

TheRealCFiddy

« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2022, 03:20:50 PM »
So, I've had the had the Stumpies clone for a good few months and generally love it. Had some issue with bolts as above but only that the front bolt for the damper didn't screw in fully and as told to 7se some force by AWST... Bolt broken and I bought a new suitable bolt.

However, i have ruined the paint on the frame through stupidity and transport so want to repaint. Was thinking tradiotnal Stumpie silk matt anthracite with red, but any other suggestions? I don't want a "bright" frame so main colour should be black/grey... Looking for inspiration....

What did you use for rear shock bushings?

xlam

« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2022, 11:44:25 AM »
What did you use for rear shock bushings?
For RS shock absorbers, you can use bushings 21.8mm*6 (pos A on pic) and 15.0mm*8 (pos B on pic)

for example - https://www.bike-discount.de/en/rockshox-bushing-set-8mm-metric/imperial

TheRealCFiddy

« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2022, 11:04:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but too late haha the bike is already built. For the front of the shock I used FOX Mounting Hardware - 9 Piece, AL, 6mm x 20.83/0.820 and for the rear I used the flip hip as mentioned I think on page two of this thread. Anyway, I did the specialized bearings as well. 210x55 fox shock.

naeTech

« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2022, 01:57:26 AM »
How you solve quest with hole in front triangle where cross brake and rear derailear tube? What fitting needed?

xlam

« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2022, 05:59:31 AM »
How you solve quest with hole in front triangle where cross brake and rear derailear tube? What fitting needed?
My solution :)
A piece of protective film, and soundproof tubes (they fit into the rear triangle very tightly, so they are inserted there for a short length).

naeTech

« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2022, 12:26:39 AM »
Good. Ride on bad roads as train by rails. My height 185cm. In picture used oneUp v2 180mm dropper. But for me 210mm size also compatible.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:35:07 PM by naeTech »

naeTech

« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2022, 10:41:47 PM »
This is "XC" mod. Fork xf mcqueen 140mm. Rear sag 15%. Front sag 25%. In sence i feel that 90% antisquat clearly. Very funny mod. If you whant - may use this frame as agressive XC.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 11:40:42 PM by naeTech »

naeTech

« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2022, 12:06:58 AM »
I didn't look so closely ...
Original 6mm bolt make from steel or titanium or aluminum?

xlam

« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2022, 03:33:11 PM »
Original 6mm bolt make from steel or titanium or aluminum?
Steel (he is magnetized)

"Road mode" =)

xlam

« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2022, 11:05:40 AM »
I bought a second wheelset on narrow rims, the weight on them is 12.8kg