Author Topic: ICAN triaero A9  (Read 32282 times)

oleg

Re: ICAN triaero A9
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2022, 03:01:07 AM »
Have pulled the trigger and ordered ICAN A9 frame. The communication with Peggy was very nice, he could answer all my questions.
Ordered shipping to be scheduled on specific date. All in all with black friday discount was 1002 USD incuding shipping to Germany.
I will post here the pictures what I will get and hopefully the complete build.

maza

« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2022, 05:54:11 PM »
Does the frame ship without bottom race for the fork? I'm expecting to put something between the fork and lower bearing.

Leejordan86

« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2022, 09:44:21 PM »
I am also in the negotiation stage of an A9 frame order but I have a question that Peggy is struggling to answer. At the front derailleur end of the cable routing, there must be an outer cable stop somewhere internally in the frame or on the square piece. I have a SRAM Force 22 mechanical front derailleur and there must be an outer cable stop/holder somewhere. Does anyone have any photos of this?

Thanks, Jordan.

Leejordan86

« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2022, 09:49:19 PM »
This photo is all Peggy has sent me but I’m looking for a photo of what holds the outer cable. Does anyone have a photo of this?

Thanks, Jordan.

maza

« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2022, 04:51:58 AM »
This photo is all Peggy has sent me but I’m looking for a photo of what holds the outer cable. Does anyone have a photo of this?

Thanks, Jordan.
There is cable stop in the black blanking plate. Shifting cable will run naked to the FD from there.

oleg

« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2023, 09:05:09 AM »
My A9 is finally arrived. Video review will follow, but here are some things I have noticed, which I can not judge myself, especially in the headset area.

1.From the picture one can see it is a bit rough (where I marked red). Some discoloration does not bother me at all since it will not be visible anyways.
2. In the video one can see some freeplay between the headset and the bearing. It means, the frame is wider by probably 1mm. Both bearings tested, since I do not know which is the correct one. Do you think it is a reason for concern ?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 09:08:46 AM by oleg »

RDY

« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2023, 10:35:36 AM »
My A9 is finally arrived. Video review will follow, but here are some things I have noticed, which I can not judge myself, especially in the headset area.

1.From the picture one can see it is a bit rough (where I marked red). Some discoloration does not bother me at all since it will not be visible anyways.
2. In the video one can see some freeplay between the headset and the bearing. It means, the frame is wider by probably 1mm. Both bearings tested, since I do not know which is the correct one. Do you think it is a reason for concern ?

Looks almost as bad as my Velobuild.  Though I think in the case of the latter that was them chewing it up with power tools.  In your case it looks like they cut into a massive void when they machined the bearing seat, which then disintegrated.  It's obviously totally unacceptable.  In my case it wasn't worth pursuing.  Getting a replacement frame through customs would have been a nightmare.  For this and other reasons (mainly other problems with it), the VB is relegated to trainer bike.  If you're reasonably able to pursue a replacement frame, I would, as that's awful ...

s3si1u

« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2023, 10:48:03 AM »

That's a definite no from me. Bearing seat looks rough....

oleg

« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2023, 10:55:41 AM »
Thanks for your opinions. I had a big hopes on A9 since it was a 1k frame, therefore should be better quality, but...
I will update how it goes with the warranty return. 

synergize84

« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2023, 12:57:36 AM »
Thanks for your opinions. I had a big hopes on A9 since it was a 1k frame, therefore should be better quality, but...
I will update how it goes with the warranty return.

Any updates on this one Oleg? How was the warranty return experience?

oleg

« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2023, 05:41:58 PM »
It is in the process. I have send the frame already. Hope I can recover all back.

bliblablub

« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2023, 12:27:08 PM »
Just semi-finished my build after the wheels finally arrived today...

Very happy about the A9, the quality of the frame was Top notch so far (ordered without handlebar and used a Metron 5D ACR Replica). Proper pictures will follow soon.. Going for a first ride tomorrow

oleg

« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2023, 01:50:17 PM »
Any updates on this one Oleg? How was the warranty return experience?

So, good thing is that return is fully completed.
1. Money for the frame came immediately after I showed them post tracking.
Still I have lost 80 Euros on currency EUR-USD conversion from my credit card.
2. They have paid me return shipping, but after they have received the package, so 1 month later.

From that point of view, ICAN is a fair company. Peggy is also nice, but he can not handle the absence of QC in ICAN.
Timewise, I lost 1.5 month on handling the faulty frame. All in all, I went with Winspace T1500 frame, bought used. Now my LBS builds a bike for me.

oleg

« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2023, 04:45:42 PM »
Good continuation of the project. I can not be happy anymore.

abdbeg

« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2023, 04:28:02 AM »
Just semi-finished my build after the wheels finally arrived today...

Very happy about the A9, the quality of the frame was Top notch so far (ordered without handlebar and used a Metron 5D ACR Replica). Proper pictures will follow soon.. Going for a first ride tomorrow

Can you share your experience?