Author Topic: ICAN triaero A9  (Read 32132 times)

Matt_C

Re: ICAN triaero A9
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2021, 03:04:39 AM »
This is a 56cm, as stated earlier in the build thread.

kisuke3

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2021, 12:52:07 AM »
Yes you are right about the chain. The OSPW only has one option for spring tension and it is too loose. If I shorten the chain to increase the tension then it skips in the 28 cog. I haven't had any chain drop or shifting issues, it just looks a bit slack. I am eyeing up the KCNC OSPW, looks really well made.

I had the same thing happen with my R8000 RD. Personally I think there is a problem with the design; the mounting angle of the RD is too far forward.

So I replaced the RD's chain tension screw with a longer screw. The symptoms improved.

Matt_C

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2021, 11:29:40 AM »
I didn't have the problem with my original r8000 hanger, definitely the OSPW for me. I think we have our derailleurs on differently (not sure which way is correct. Take a look at the angle of or hangers, yours is straight while mine is at an angle. I just had a look at a mates bike that was built by a professional mechanic and his is also angled. It may be something for you to look at. Remove derailleur, rotate backwards and tighten it up again.

Michelemonta

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2021, 01:04:57 PM »
Hi. I'm very interested in ospw.. It seems like the rockbros One. How does It work? It's very cool to see..
The Golden cassette Is the slr ztto? I'd like to buy the rainbow One..
Ospw Cage support 11-32 cassette ?
Thanks

Matt_C

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
Do not buy the rockbros OSPW. It is not good quality and purchasing it was a mistake. I am going to buy the KCNC one instead.11-32 cassette should work fine.

Michelemonta

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2021, 11:31:19 PM »
Ok.
Thank you Matt_C..

kisuke3

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2021, 01:23:05 AM »
Thanks for the advice.
Just when I think it's a good time to try it, since Japan is under a declared state of emergency and I can't go out :-[

I didn't have the problem with my original r8000 hanger, definitely the OSPW for me. I think we have our derailleurs on differently (not sure which way is correct. Take a look at the angle of or hangers, yours is straight while mine is at an angle. I just had a look at a mates bike that was built by a professional mechanic and his is also angled. It may be something for you to look at. Remove derailleur, rotate backwards and tighten it up again.

Hans66

Krapotke

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2021, 08:57:37 AM »
Can any one explain me why an Ican aero A9 frame is a beter quality than For instance  https://www.championcyclingsell.com/2020-style-carbon-sl7-tarmac-s-work-road-bike-carbon-frame-supper-light-weight-sl7-cycling-bike-frameset-made-in-china-p2972875.html

I think you can get Problems if you import this. Looks like plagiarism to me.
I don't know whether it's be better quality then for example velobuild frames, which are much cheaper, but for me was also a good communication is important.

Look better for a manufacturer that label his own name an his products. Gives me a better feeling.

Matt_C

Re: ICAN triaero A9 For instance this reseller
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2021, 09:18:02 AM »
Can any one explain me why an Ican aero A9 frame is a beter quality than For instance  https://www.championcyclingsell.com/2020-style-carbon-sl7-tarmac-s-work-road-bike-carbon-frame-supper-light-weight-sl7-cycling-bike-frameset-made-in-china-p2972875.html

The issue with counterfeit is trust. Can you find reviews of this company? Are they reliable? What problems have people had with their frames? If something goes wrong will they make it right? Can they just steal your money and vanish?

With the well known factories you have some sort of safety because they have a reputation to uphold. ICAN have been around for something like 12 years. They aren't going to run off with your $700 into the sunset. If something goes wrong they reply and try to fix it. They do not want their reputation going down the drain. Take AliExpress for example. The accounts selling counterfeit frames are here today gone tomorrow. You could get a fantastic frame with these people but the gamble is too much for me. I'd rather have the peace of mind, warranty and reliability of a well known factory.

Michelemonta

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2021, 01:19:32 AM »
Today frame and wheels are going to be shipped..
Can't wait to ride it..

Matt_C

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2021, 03:04:27 AM »
Looks fantastic. Post some pictures of the build when you can.

tx

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2021, 11:07:23 PM »

Hi Matt_C, what is the brand and model of the red and black aero bike frame and any idea of the weight of the complete red and black bike?
Also what is the weight of your A9 bike in this complete bike setup?
Thanks.

Matt_C

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2021, 12:00:13 AM »
That is a Cannondale Systemsix. It weighs 8.1kg without bottles (non hi-mod frame and 80mm wheels adds some weight). My bike is 7.85kg without bottles

Michelemonta

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2021, 08:33:08 AM »
Looks fantastic. Post some pictures of the build when you can.

Of course I will do.
How long the shipment take ti arrive in your country?