Author Topic: Donnelly c/c - PlanetX XLS EVO questions  (Read 5935 times)

PappaZ

Re: Donnelly c/c - PlanetX XLS EVO questions
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2020, 08:48:44 AM »
ReHi,

I hope christmas has been pleasant for You and all the best in the upcoming new year.
A fast update. "The EAGLE has landed!"
I got my package and it looks as good as i could hope. I am not a carbon expert by far but i have seen
some and this is for sure a quality alternative. Considering the cost its splendid. Flawless external, smooth internal,
measures on spot to mm and lets hope its durable also. Time will tell.
Its a size 58(XL) frame, 27.2mm seatpost and 440mm c/c bars with following weight for those that care:
-Frame 1182g
-Fork 533g
-Handlebar 237g
-Seatpost 192g
Regarding WXY-Express i am not really sure i will use them again. Sure its strange times
and the package arrived safely in the end, but the communication with them is not what i expect from
professionals nowadays. With that said maybe i myself am not considered professional where they do business.
Flybike again provided perfect communication and service. If i want to be picky they could had sent
a second hanger as precaution. Original thought was to build this into a commuter with a disc Tiagra gruppo,
but i might change that to a little higher hierarchy Shimano option now when i saw the frameset.
Happy New year to all!!!

carbonazza

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2020, 11:46:34 AM »
I'm impressed.
Well done !

PappaZ

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2020, 03:58:59 PM »
You contacted Jesson directly by email? or over the phone?

I sent an email and didn't get any reply, I would like to see with them if they can ship to the UAE.

All communication with WXY has been by email. In addition i dont believe i have been communicating
with one single individuall. The knowledge of their own system and laguage use told me otherwise.
But i cannot say i am 100% sure of that ^^
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 04:01:09 PM by PappaZ »

PappaZ

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2020, 04:07:28 PM »
I'm impressed.
Well done !
That coming from You Carbonazza i am honestly flattered.
I will ofcourse reconnect when i am certain of the build
and then when its finnished.

PappaZ

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 12:39:17 PM »
Forgot to post the final results after 4 months of componentchasing

svanimpe

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 11:44:11 PM »
Not any experience with them.
The website looks much more professional than most.
And they have all models Carbonda and some others are selling.
Nice find !

Flybike and Carbonda are sister companies. I'm guessing one does design/B2B, the other does retail?

I've checked with them, and many of the designs on their website are proprietary. The open mould ones are sold through Carbonda.