Author Topic: Donnelly c/c - PlanetX XLS EVO questions  (Read 5930 times)

PappaZ

Donnelly c/c - PlanetX XLS EVO questions
« on: October 01, 2020, 10:21:19 AM »
Hi to all to start with since this is my first post on this forum.
Above mentioned crossframes have almost identical geo and differ optically in some small "gadgets" as cablerouting and BB choice.
My highly amateur guess is that Donnelly might have made an own mold for their frames but i dont think PX did ^^
So my simple question is if anyone here has a clue which open mold or maker PX did use for their XLS EVO?
The Donnelly is way off budget and PX are asking 1100£ for theirs atm and at that cost i would buy a CFR505 from Carbonda instead.
Thank You in advance and cheers to all again!

RDY

Re: Donnelly c/c - PlanetX XLS EVO questions
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »
PX are lower cost layup versions of Chinese own-brand open mould frames (like Carbonda) at their higher price range, and shite for their lower cost ones.

Go Carbonda (or TanTan or LightCarbon). You get a worse frame for double the price with a horrible paintjob from PX. 

Colt__Seavers

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 04:34:06 AM »
Hi to all to start with since this is my first post on this forum.
Above mentioned crossframes have almost identical geo and differ optically in some small "gadgets" as cablerouting and BB choice.
My highly amateur guess is that Donnelly might have made an own mold for their frames but i dont think PX did ^^
So my simple question is if anyone here has a clue which open mold or maker PX did use for their XLS EVO?
The Donnelly is way off budget and PX are asking 1100£ for theirs atm and at that cost i would buy a CFR505 from Carbonda instead.
Thank You in advance and cheers to all again!

the 505 is only available at Thesis now. Carbonda is not selling it anymore. You can go with 696 or the 707 soon

PappaZ

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 05:59:21 AM »
the 505 is only available at Thesis now. Carbonda is not selling it anymore. You can go with 696 or the 707 soon

I have been corresponding with Carbonda and 505 in size 60 they still have for sale. With mounts and BB386 or without mounts with BB86.
But as stated in size 60 only. Anything else in equipment or in other sizes then Your option is Thesis.
I still would like a little more endurance position but with larger tires as an option, preferably 38mm.
Though i must say there are some contenders that are advertised as roadbikes but take 32mm tires and has endurance geo.
Carbondas CFR1056 is one of them.

PappaZ

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 11:34:38 AM »
For those that are interested i found at least one answer to my initial question.
Manufacterer is Huizhou Flybike Sports Equipment Co. (www.flybike-asia.com)
Their cross frame is identical geometry and from some asian reviews good quality.

carbonazza

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 02:57:31 PM »
For those that are interested i found at least one answer to my initial question.
Manufacterer is Huizhou Flybike Sports Equipment Co. (www.flybike-asia.com)
Their cross frame is identical geometry and from some asian reviews good quality.

Did you contact them already ?

PappaZ

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 09:34:40 AM »
Yes i did. I understand they work B2B only. But i got some rates and information about the crossframe i am interested in and they are very fast and clear in their communication, i would like to say impressive oncontrary to my previous experiences with mainland chinese companies.
Do You have any additional information or personal experience with their company ?

carbonazza

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
Not any experience with them.
The website looks much more professional than most.
And they have all models Carbonda and some others are selling.
Nice find !

adriaanm

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 04:34:54 AM »
Definitely keen to hear about your experience buying directly from flybike!

(I'm doing my research for my next bike, next spring, and have been looking at their fm-1056, which is also sold by carbonda, see http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,2982.)

Back to your question, I recently discovered a great site to search frames by geometry -- I just imported the one you're looking at here: https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/flybike-fm-686-2020/

PappaZ

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 02:37:58 PM »
A quick update .... Flybike hasn't the size i want in stock (58). I got offered a 56 for instant shipment but i declined the offer.
About the shipment, if one doesn't want to pay 250USD for DHL express, then Flybike isn't too keen to help out with alternatives.
I don't want to pay DHL $1 for instant teleportation of anything, I had one too manny bad excuses from that company.
I happen to know that WXY has an office in the same town as Flybike HQ and i asked the seller to talk to the contact i got about arranging pickup
but they declined. No biggie ill do it myself but would had been nice to get one chinese invoice only.
But so far as i said before immaculate correspondence with attached 2D drawings of everything i asked about. Really professional.
Final agreement is on FM686 with BB86 size 58, FO-286-F without any holes for fenders or mounts, SP006 seatpost and HB826 handlebar.
All raw with finished putty, in other words ready to paint. Back in stock mid November so talk to You then ^^

carbonazza

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 05:08:13 PM »
...I happen to know that WXY has an office in the same town as Flybike HQ ... ill do it myself ...

Man... this is a higher level than most of us  ;)

PappaZ

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 06:48:31 AM »
Man... this is a higher level than most of us  ;)
I feel i have to respond to this so You guy don't get me wrong. Its not knowledge or some kind of trading skill with the far east that is the cause of that particular statement. I would argue its the purest rage(with DHL) and some trade/transport experienced friends together with all our "friend" Google ^^

carbonazza

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 02:07:29 AM »
I feel i have to respond to this so You guy don't get me wrong. Its not knowledge or some kind of trading skill with the far east that is the cause of that particular statement. I would argue its the purest rage(with DHL) and some trade/transport experienced friends together with all our "friend" Google ^^

Even better !
Do you have any information, contacts to share, so we can try it as well ?

PappaZ

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 08:52:13 AM »
Even better !
Do you have any information, contacts to share, so we can try it as well ?

Update and share info, frame is on its way.
As i have mentioned Flybike are very easy to communicate and deal with. WXY so far not as easy but we will see. They managed to put ALL shipping
information wrong. Bad omen if Youre buying a forwaders services.
Nevertheless here are the 2 contacts i have used during this process. Remember that FLybike is a B2B factory. Cheers!

gendan-3@hz-fb.cn
Flybike Asia Sports Equipment Co.,Ltd
惠州市美源吉体育用品有限公司
Tel:+86 3562676
B2 Building Yifa Industrial Zone Qiubao Road, Qiuchang Town, Huiyang Dist, Huizhou City, 516221, Guangdong, China
广东省惠州市惠阳区秋长镇秋宝路益发工业区B2栋。
Callname: SHIRLEY

wxy_express@163.com
WXY-Express (KunShan) Co.,Ltd.
Jesson Pul
+86 18151589293
Callname: JESSON

cramy

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 06:01:07 AM »
Update and share info, frame is on its way.
As i have mentioned Flybike are very easy to communicate and deal with. WXY so far not as easy but we will see. They managed to put ALL shipping
information wrong. Bad omen if Youre buying a forwaders services.
Nevertheless here are the 2 contacts i have used during this process. Remember that FLybike is a B2B factory. Cheers!

gendan-3@hz-fb.cn
Flybike Asia Sports Equipment Co.,Ltd
惠州市美源吉体育用品有限公司
Tel:+86 3562676
B2 Building Yifa Industrial Zone Qiubao Road, Qiuchang Town, Huiyang Dist, Huizhou City, 516221, Guangdong, China
广东省惠州市惠阳区秋长镇秋宝路益发工业区B2栋。
Callname: SHIRLEY

wxy_express@163.com
WXY-Express (KunShan) Co.,Ltd.
Jesson Pul
+86 18151589293
Callname: JESSON

You contacted Jesson directly by email? or over the phone?

I sent an email and didn't get any reply, I would like to see with them if they can ship to the UAE.