Author Topic: First Build Advice  (Read 780 times)

D00DL35

First Build Advice
« on: October 20, 2020, 09:49:16 AM »
Hey everyone! Hoping you guys can shed som light on this for me, feeling a little unsure on where to start after reading all the forum posts. Not new to biking or bike maintenance but this would be my first Chinese carbon build. Currently riding a specialized epic fsr and demo 8 fsr.

What are your experiences on ordering frames? I’ve reached out to Carbonda and have also been looking at diycarbon and allstar bicycle. Anyone had any success on aliexpress? Or is direct through the factory better?

Planning on building a full suspension, similar to a Stumpjumper. Probably around 130-150mm of travel but open to any frame suggestions. I’m 5’3 so would need something small. 

What’s the average build cost that you plan for?

Thanks in advance for the input!

carbonazza

Re: First Build Advice
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 03:04:48 PM »
...What are your experiences on ordering frames? I’ve reached out to Carbonda and have also been looking at diycarbon and allstar bicycle. Anyone had any success on aliexpress? Or is direct through the factory better?
Go direct, aliexpress is a useless middleman if you go to a seller that has a good reputation here.
I don't know diycarbon nor allstar, but Carbonda is my current go-to-shop.
Great communication with Wing, great service and they build frames using the superior EPS moulding.

...Planning on building a full suspension, similar to a Stumpjumper. Probably around 130-150mm of travel but open to any frame suggestions. I’m 5’3 so would need something small...
Carbonda said they will have 130 and 150mm frames for November/December

What’s the average build cost that you plan for?
It all depends on the components and wheels you choose.
About 2,500€ for a basic setup and 6,000€ for a top end one.

Thrill21

Re: First Build Advice
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 05:25:31 AM »
I have been talking with someone (Alicia) from Allstar - trying to determine if I want to pull the trigger on the stumpy replica they have. We have been talking through WhatsApp