Author Topic: OG -EVKIN  (Read 6039 times)

Nicoloc

OG -EVKIN
« on: November 06, 2020, 02:15:54 PM »
Hi guys,
I'm concidering building a cheap chinese road bike to supplement my Lightcarbon 29" hardtail .
have you ever heard about OG-EVKIN?
looks to be a seller on ALi that have decent price as it include the taxes.
any feedback on this brand  ?
thanks

mathesonmd

Re: OG -EVKIN
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 11:21:47 AM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/Cyi1HM4

OG-EVKIN build I did for my brother this summer. He broke his 2012 Giant TCR Advanced and just wanted to use his same components on a new frame. The frame is well built and he's been very happy with it. For the price it's hard to beat.

Nicoloc

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 02:08:00 PM »
Hey Guys
I pulled the trigger on a CF-025V from OG Evkin.
The aim is to get a full chinese (as much as i can)  sub 8kg sub 1000€ road bike.
I'll post componment list  later and for sure pics will come.
Nicoloc

Nicoloc

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 12:05:22 PM »
Hi all
Here is the list of material.
Some itme may changes depending on what i found as discounted
SpoidsPrice €
frame   OG EVKIN  CF-0251700427,72
Seat post included --
stemZTT0 7°1607.73
handlebarOGEVKIN HB00324034.16
Saddle Tossek10016
WheelsDT Swiss  P18001600250
Brake CaliperZTT0 AS2.6D407   16.29
CrankZRACE Hard rock  50/3472860.67
Bottom BracketZTTO BB86 ceramic11228.20
front derailleurSensah Empire 00
rearderailleurSensah Empire 00
ShiftersSensah Empire groupset 80188.26
Cassette105 11-2828437.99
ChainZrace26615.79
TireHutchinsonx252051.98
TubeDecathlonx22045.8
strapDecathlonx21008.9
Total 76921007.53

Nicoloc

carbonazza

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 02:40:45 PM »
I saw without mounting/trying  ZRace cranks, Sensah shifters, and ZTTO BB, they all look very well built.
I look forward for your feedback on OG Evkin frame

Nicoloc

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 10:21:38 AM »
Hi all
This is THE DAY :)
I finally recived the frame.
It looks really great :)
Only disapointment is that they forget to provide the seat clamping. so i have a nice carbon seat tube ... but noway to fix the seat on it.
i reach out to the seller and i have no doubt that he will find a solution.
OG evkin store have been super responsive so far.

As i'm starting the assembly i figured that the front ZtTO brake have two washer provided (see attachement)
Any idea of what this is for  ?
Nicoloc

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 10:43:43 AM »
Hi all
This is THE DAY :)
I finally recived the frame.
It looks really great :)
Only disapointment is that they forget to provide the seat clamping. so i have a nice carbon seat tube ... but noway to fix the seat on it.
i reach out to the seller and i have no doubt that he will find a solution.
OG evkin store have been super responsive so far.

As i'm starting the assembly i figured that the front ZtTO brake have two washer provided (see attachement)
Any idea of what this is for  ?
Nicoloc

You mean the seat clamp on the seat tube, or the part that attaches the saddle to the seatpost ?
The first is rarely provided with the frame and you have to purchase it separately.

Aren't these washer slightly spherical and grainy?
So they can be tightened with a non perpendicular angle to easily align and keep them in place.

Nicoloc

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 11:47:49 AM »
Here is what i'm speaking about in regards of the missing part (see attachment) .
It should be provided,  i had discussion with seller regarding this item as my seatpost as oval rails.
Nicoloc

bremerradkurier

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 12:15:02 PM »
You mean the seat clamp on the seat tube, or the part that attaches the saddle to the seatpost ?
The first is rarely provided with the frame and you have to purchase it separately.

Aren't these washer slightly spherical and grainy?
So they can be tightened with a non perpendicular angle to easily align and keep them in place.

You only need both washers on the brakes so the rear of the brake pads/shoes clears the fork blades-if one is enough, remove the other one.

Nicoloc

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2021, 05:31:18 AM »
Hi all
I finish building the bike  :), ending with 7.8kg total weight.
I’m still missing the saddle clamp so I’m not able to perform the final adjustments.
The frame looks great, the assembly process was much more complex than on an MTB…
The ZTTO bottom bracket pressed like a charm and turn really smoothly (I’ll definitely go for that when I’ll need to change it on my MTB).
I can’t wait having the saddle put on and having a test ride.
Some stuff worth notifying:
-   shoes seem to rub with the front wheel while turning. It looks like being “normal” on many frames, but coming from the MTB world, this looks ode to me
-   25C is the max this frame can support
-   In regards of internal routing, only the cable goes internal and not the cable housing, this ends up in “many” housing cut and makes removing/ reinstalling the cable a pain in the neck.  My advice here, keep the liners initially provided with the frame, they would help in case you need to change your cables. Once again coming from the MTB world, my internal routing was including the housing which is much more convenient.
-   Z race crankshaft: the crank arms are straight without any “lateral”curves, so there are just few mm between the arm and the front derailleur. Same issue occurs on the other side forcing to have the cadence sensor close to the crank axle (else it was rubbing on the frame.
-   I cut the chain too short forgetting that I’ll be 11-32 on the home-trainer while 11-28 on the bike for outdoor rides

I’ll post more picture and comments once the guidoline and the seat are installed.

As usual, id like to thanks the forum (particularly bremerradkurier) for the many advices it provides to beginners.
Nicoloc
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 05:33:23 AM by Nicoloc »

carbonazza

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 02:57:31 PM »
-   shoes seem to rub with the front wheel while turning. It looks like being “normal” on many frames, but coming from the MTB world, this looks ode to me
I had this before too, and it annoyed me enough to put my cleats a bit more forward on the road shoes, just enough to get some mm of space.

svanimpe

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 04:26:05 PM »
Those cranks look awfully long for your frame. Maybe that's the culprit?

bremerradkurier

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2021, 10:36:05 AM »
Seatpost is round and a widely available 27.2mm size-you should be able to find a cheap one to get you riding while you wait for the clamp parts.

Nicoloc

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2021, 03:12:41 PM »
hi all
Quick feedback after 200km on the hometrainer with the bike.
i think i have an issue with the front derailleur hanger. 
even if tight to 6n.m the hanger is "tilt back" when shifting to the high ring.
the front derailleur is a Sensah empire Pro that is known to required a high tension on the cable.
I've send a message to the supplier and awaiting his answer.
In the mean time i have ordered a 105 front derailleur hoping that less tension will generate less tilt back from the hanger.
More to come

svanimpe

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2021, 03:43:32 AM »
I'm not sure if it's a possible cause, but does the Sensah front derailleur have a support bolt, and if so, did you set it correctly?