Author Topic: Good carbon xc rims  (Read 1351 times)

Icyseanfitz

Good carbon xc rims
« on: November 18, 2020, 10:50:03 AM »
Hey guys, hoping to start my Chinese xc hard tail build once ive my ican p9 done. I have some 28h novatech hubs, any ideas of any good lightweight carbon rims i could get? Nothing too pricey, somewhere between 130usd to 170usd a rim.

bxcc

Re: Good carbon xc rims
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 12:19:06 PM »
I just received some Hulk Bike 33mm wide asymmetrical rims that are being built up today. Word from the builder is that there are no issues so far and the ERD is correct so that's a plus. More details in the thread.

http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1255.0.html

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 12:59:11 PM »

carbonazza

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 03:43:10 PM »
Almost any shop will sell you a rim for about $150.

Most wheels I've built the last 5 years, are on lightbicycle.com rims.
They are dedicated to wheels, and provide a great service and after sale support.

My 3y old gravel wheelset is on sub 300g 29er rims from Hulkbike.

I never used farsport rims but they look attractive.

ChinerDetroit

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 11:59:28 AM »
Those look lovely, anyone used carbonbeam before? These look good for the price with free shipping https://www.carbonbeamwheels.com/products/cbz29xc30sl-only-310g-ultralight-30mm-width-29er-carbon-fiber-mountain-bike-clincher-tubeless-compatible-29inch-mtb-rims
Some of their gravel rims look good priced, some of their mtb rims are below my favorite chiner vendor, speedsafe.  Speedsafe's prices did go up an easy 10% to 15% since my last order, so i'm looking at alternative sources, including lightbike.  I did order a pair of lightbike rims also in the past, and their 10% off black friday coupon is looking interestng but i'll probably pass given the prices.

Jarne

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 03:34:10 AM »
Hi,

I've recently bought some xc wheels from lightcarbon, they look/ride lovely! I paid under 500dollar fot a set with dt 350s hubs.

They sent them to me directly after I paid and I got them within about 3 weeks.

ChinerDetroit

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 06:24:49 AM »
Hi,

I've recently bought some xc wheels from lightcarbon, they look/ride lovely! I paid under 500dollar fot a set with dt 350s hubs.

They sent them to me directly after I paid and I got them within about 3 weeks.

smells like spam.  you posted here on the 10th, only 15 days ago about the deal happening in the future, and you got your wheels already, shipped from China, and you  installed them and rode them ?  right.

Jarne

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 02:16:54 AM »
I already bought my wheels in octobre... I got the email about their deal because I'm a client who bought wheels from them... Maybe you could also look at my post about a 29er hardtail I wanted to build! In that post I told that my bike was ready to ride a couple of weeks ago!

I posted about their promotion because there could be someone who was looking at their wheels and then he could get them a little bit cheaper...

Maybe you shouldn't just say that I "spam" on this forum, I only wanted to help! That's just really not nice of you!