Author Topic: Advice on new road bike frame! Fully internal cable routing + disc  (Read 4606 times)

Jwzard

Re: Advice on new road bike frame! Fully internal cable routing + disc
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 01:50:12 PM »
Just read about your troubles with tantan >:(
I really hope you have better luck with velobuild and get the product as he described to you!
The velobuild frame looks scary similar to the tantan one!

FHS

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 02:28:26 PM »
Heh, according to the geometry tables, this frame is identical to the TT-X21. The sketch of the table, themselves, look identical.

Let me know if this frame can fit a 28cm tire on a 28mm rim.  ;D

Snacks

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 05:24:22 PM »
Yea , so far so good with velobuild! I even asked for quick shipment and Chris went out of his way to make that happen without me paying extra. The tracking says it should be here in the next week or so.

Yea as an open mould frame I think there are a few companies that sell it. Based on the velobuild product page though, it should support up to 32cm tire but I can let you know for sure when it gets here.

Snacks

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 08:13:15 PM »
So I just got my frame in from velobuild and it looks great. I'm very excited to build this up and start riding.

I can confirm it fits a 28c tire maybe even a 32c but I only had a 28 and 35 to check. The 35 was just slightly too big and there was a bit of room still left with the 28c. This was on a 25mm rim.

Oh also, the frame can support a 160mm rotor on the back but I needed to use an adapter. So maybe the new 168 fits a 160mm right out of the box. I attached a pic of the one I used.