Author Topic: No EMS Express Shipping Before Spring Festival, Feb 14th?  (Read 962 times)

FHS

No EMS Express Shipping Before Spring Festival, Feb 14th?
« on: December 02, 2020, 08:49:03 PM »
Hi All,

I contacted Hong Fu to order a frame a couple of weeks ago. Everything looked good until I saw the shipping cost of $286 USD. After exchanging a couple of emails, she explained that they could go with EMS Express for a lot less, but there would be no way to ship the frame using EMS Express before Spring Fest, Feb 14th.

Really. Anybody else hear about this from Hong Fu, or any other company using EMS Express?

tripleDot

Re: No EMS Express Shipping Before Spring Festival, Feb 14th?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 10:35:59 PM »
Didn't know EMS is frozen until Spring but it is true they were down during the height of COVID.  I had to ship my frame via DHL last May 2020. Cost me US$200 as opposed to EMS' US$80, that's within Asia.  And it's another company not Hong Fu. My contact did inform me about the EMS situation and the alternatives beforehand, so I didn't have any surprises.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

dopestar

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 07:40:29 AM »
Hi All,

I contacted Hong Fu to order a frame a couple of weeks ago. Everything looked good until I saw the shipping cost of $286 USD. After exchanging a couple of emails, she explained that they could go with EMS Express for a lot less, but there would be no way to ship the frame using EMS Express before Spring Fest, Feb 14th.

Really. Anybody else hear about this from Hong Fu, or any other company using EMS Express?

I am not sure about this. I have talked to Peter from CarbonSpeed and he charge me around 65$ for the shipping fee.

cramy

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 07:59:48 AM »
How did you contacted peter? I sent an email and skype no reply from him.

Matt_C

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 08:01:58 AM »
I am not sure about this. I have talked to Peter from CarbonSpeed and he charge me around 65$ for the shipping fee.

Have you received tracking info for the frame yet and is it on the move? Any shipping cost I have been quoted recently has been crazy expensive. I hope you got lucky and receive your frame asap or you could have a very long wait ahead of you, that the seller should have informed you about BEFORE taking your money...

Snacks

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 09:45:37 AM »
My order was shipped by ems from velobuild. He did say he'd have to ship it to beijing and then ems would fly it over from there. Although that was his suggestion when when I asked for quicker shipping. Otherwise he told me it would be on a ship which would take longer. I should mention I ordered the Nov 17th, it was shipped the 19th to beijing and what you can't see in the screenshot, it was received in bejing on the Nov 28th. So compared to my other experiences, this is moving fast and I paid $80 for shipping.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 09:51:32 AM by Mrpoptart »

FHS

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 11:22:18 AM »
Apologies all, not trying to cause more heartache in an already maddening process.

After the news from Hong Fu, I did a quick Google search and did find some confirmation that there have been windows of time, like any other Holiday Season, where shipping has been delayed during the Spring Festival, but nothing like what the Hong Fu rep described, no shipping EMS Express UNTIL Spring Fest is over. Maybe it was just a translation issue, but that's what sent me to other suppliers and to Aliexpress and Alibaba. Nobody else even mentioned any EMS shipping issues at this time.

Really, just curious if anybody else had been told this or, even, had worked with Hong Fu recently.

Thanks!