Author Topic: Opinions on Elves frames  (Read 5144 times)

ryan

Opinions on Elves frames
« on: December 09, 2020, 09:47:44 PM »
Seen a few video on YouTube, Seem to have really nice paintjobs , seem to be very popular in the Philippines and Malaysia, Anybody built up a frame from them?

ivorhooper

Re: Opinions on Elves frames
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 08:13:15 AM »
Seen a few video on YouTube, Seem to have really nice paintjobs , seem to be very popular in the Philippines and Malaysia, Anybody built up a frame from them?

Hi, I've seen these and am interested also. Looks like a good quality, lightweight frame! Plus it's not an open mold as far as I can tell.
The top tube is tiny so you'd be in a low, fast, aero position on this bike.

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 11:09:48 AM »
A pity they do not seem to build disc bikes

ryan

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 12:47:16 PM »
they have frames with disk mounts

carbonazza

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 02:45:50 PM »
they have frames with disk mounts

Thanks !
I didn't see their web site address at first  ::)
https://elvesbike.com/product/

FHS

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 03:15:52 PM »
They really do embrace their theme.

ryan

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »
They really do embrace their theme.

yeah not a huge fane of the name

kisuke3

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 11:21:08 PM »
I didn't buy that bike, but...

A teammate of mine is considering buying one and inquired about it in September. At that time, the tire width was 25C, and we were told it would be 28C by the end of the year. The bikes were VANYAR disc and FALATH disc.

Just FYI.

bremerradkurier

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 11:33:24 AM »
yeah not a huge fane of the name

Sort of reminds me of the Monster Hunter International books-orcs are noble warrior heavy metal fans, elves live in a trailer park on the dole.

FHS

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »
I didn't buy that bike, but...

A teammate of mine is considering buying one and inquired about it in September. At that time, the tire width was 25C, and we were told it would be 28C by the end of the year. The bikes were VANYAR disc and FALATH disc.

Just FYI.

Maybe a 32C when the mithril versions are released.

Edit - To add something that may actually be useful.

I like the Vanyar geometry. I ride a Giant ML frame now, comfortable enough, but probably a touch on the big side. Their 2XL seems comparable in size to a medium Propel or Aeroad.  I'd consider a 2XL 54 Disc Vanyar, if it could fit 28C, and, if I could get matte black to knock a couple hundred off the price, and the silly name off the frame.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 04:45:40 PM by FHS »

RDY

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 09:38:56 AM »
Seems like the best topic.  So resurrecting.

The Elves Falath Pro Disc (2023 / UCI approved version) will have 32mm clearance when launched in about a month.   Dealer and Elves themselves told me that.

A dealer suggested they'll have a new biggest size too (real 58 instead of their 59 which is a 56).  Elves won't answer this question.  But hope it happens.

If there's a real 58 and 32mm clearance, it'll almost certainly be my replacement for the VB099.

carbonazza

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 02:53:14 PM »
Not sure... what is a real 58?

RDY

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2022, 03:14:27 AM »
Not sure... what is a real 58?

As I'm sure you know, traditionally it's by seat tube.  Their 59 is a 56 by that sizing methodology.  Also, of frames of similar geo (Venge-like let's say), their 59 conforms to 56 in virtually every other brand.  So conforming to what's the norm for that kind of geo in 58 would be my definition, and with the particular geo of this frame that probably means a headtube of around 200, 580 seat tube, reach around 395, stack around 600, and what ever the tt is resultantly.

They've chosen a nominally larger sizing scheme to hide the fact that they don't make any larger frames.  But if you're tiny then they're great ... because they have a bunch of REALLY small sizes.  Given the way their size distribution is skewed they'd have better chosen HOBBITS instead of ELVES for their brand.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 03:25:30 AM by RDY »

carbonazza

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2022, 05:40:22 AM »
...Given the way their size distribution is skewed they'd have better chosen HOBBITS instead of ELVES for their brand.
;D

slow_poke11

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2022, 05:59:15 PM »
I was considering these frames. There are a few videos on YouTube that rate the the build quality quite highly.  I asked a local dealer about the rider weight limit and was told it was 100kg for all frame models, so I was out.

If you buy one, you can tell your kids that your frame was made by elves (I borrowed this joke from somewhere else, not sure where or I would give credit).