Author Topic: Airwolf / YFM026 boost / santa cruz highball  (Read 17354 times)

ganski

Re: Airwolf / YFM026 boost / santa cruz highball
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2021, 10:57:40 AM »
Hey guys I have now probably 500 or more miles on my airwolf and one of the first things I've found is that I have a dreaded creak from the rear axle.  The molding on the dropouts on mine is pretty poor and the axle cap doesn't sit flush.  This has lead the tire to sitting off center in the frame.  I've contacted them about getting a new frame but their customer service on ali express is bad.  The take forever to respond and seem to be just avoiding me at this time.  I sent the many photos and videos as well. I let you know how it turns out and try and upload some photos.

ganski

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2021, 11:00:53 AM »

jonnybearback

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2021, 10:52:32 AM »
Areo spokes are butted. Therefore not straight guage.

Ray Lee

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2021, 03:56:23 PM »
Hey guys I have now probably 500 or more miles on my airwolf and one of the first things I've found is that I have a dreaded creak from the rear axle.  The molding on the dropouts on mine is pretty poor and the axle cap doesn't sit flush.  This has lead the tire to sitting off center in the frame.  I've contacted them about getting a new frame but their customer service on ali express is bad.  The take forever to respond and seem to be just avoiding me at this time.  I sent the many photos and videos as well. I let you know how it turns out and try and upload some photos.

hope they make it right for you.   Did you happen to use PayPal?  I had an issue with wheels and PayPal reversed the charges for me easily, even the shipping....never did hear from them so I just paid $40 or so to send them back.

ganski

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2021, 04:07:55 PM »
Unfortunately I didn’t, they still haven’t respond basically getting ghosted by them.  There’s another review on AliExpress about their store saying basically to avoid them because their customer service sucks.  Adding another image to show that their drop out seats look like they were hand carved with a knife, I might try and sand it down and see if that helps.

fone

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2021, 07:15:16 AM »
Finished building it up, came out to 19lbs 13oz with pedals and bottle cage.  Now it’s time to ride it.
I also ordered an Airwolf frame and would be interested in a question that was asked in the thread but never answered, I believe.

Is that a 100mm or a 120mm fork?

Thank you!

crembz

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2021, 10:36:53 PM »
I was about to order this frame until I read about the fork crown hitting the downtube. Can anyone confirm this? I'll be ordering a small frame.

carbonazza

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2021, 10:20:07 AM »
Unfortunately I didn’t, they still haven’t respond basically getting ghosted by them.  There’s another review on AliExpress about their store saying basically to avoid them because their customer service sucks.  Adding another image to show that their drop out seats look like they were hand carved with a knife, I might try and sand it down and see if that helps.
It isn't a part of the frame that is usually well finished in my experience with some other models.
Not sure it is that worrying.
But that they suck at customer service, is definitely a red flag!

Boybiskit

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2021, 11:47:01 AM »
Very nice. I just got notification that mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait!

Ray Lee

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2021, 02:01:22 PM »
took me forever but I finally had some time to build it up.   

I built a big Privateer 161 for bike parks last year and ended up liking is so much I pretty much stopped riding my 30 pound "normal" 140mm travel Intense Primer except on real mellow XC single track.    The Intense was built as a light weight trail ride so all the parts made sense on the Airwolf, in XL the air wolf is right around 23.5 pounds with a solid build and meaty tires.

only done about 50 miles but so far its exactly what I wanted, eats up climbs and normal single track... Not sure I would push it especially on a rigid fork so anything really steep and rocky I will be bringing the 161 :)

MtBikerBill

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2021, 05:44:42 AM »
I've found out that at least two guys who ordered this frame in M size had problems with fitting boost suspension forks into this frame. One guy reported that compression adjustment knob on Reba hits the downtube when fork is rotated. Another guy tells the same about Fox fork, and with Fox situation is even worse - it hits frame by both sides.

Can someone confirm the same issue with L and XL frames?

I've got this frame on order and this has me concerned. Has anyone used a Reverse Components crown race spacer? It's 10mm tall and knocks 0.5deg off the head angle. On this frame that's 69.5-> 69.0deg. Thoughts?

https://reverse-components.com/en/products/05%C2%B0-angle-spacer-tapered-forks

noodle soup

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2021, 09:16:01 PM »
I've got this frame on order and this has me concerned. Has anyone used a Reverse Components crown race spacer? It's 10mm tall and knocks 0.5deg off the head angle. On this frame that's 69.5-> 69.0deg. Thoughts?

https://reverse-components.com/en/products/05%C2%B0-angle-spacer-tapered-forks
I've never seen this particular one, but was thinking about fabricating the same item today. Buying this is much easier. Thanks for sharing.

Bass

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2022, 02:55:25 PM »
Hi, I am thinking in build my first chinese bike and I like this frame (I need a XL size).
Any update of the users? I need a final push...
Thanks.

TheRealCFiddy

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2022, 08:53:40 AM »
Hi, I am thinking in build my first chinese bike and I like this frame (I need a XL size).
Any update of the users? I need a final push...
Thanks.

I have one in an XL size and have had it for a year. I am very happy with it. Mine is non-boost spacing and has a QR axle. I have had zero issues with it and it is definitely an upgrade from the aluminum frame it replaced.Lighter, stiffer, and overall just a better ride. If you want to build one, you totally should.

Bass

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2022, 06:24:26 AM »
Thanks! I just paid It!