Author Topic: icanbikes S24 - does anyne has info on this?  (Read 6153 times)

CasualRider

icanbikes S24 - does anyne has info on this?
« on: December 22, 2020, 10:09:16 AM »
Hi, I just happen to see a new mtb full suspension frame on icanbikes , the S24.

It has no details on the page. Does anyone have any information on it?

CasualRider

Re: icanbikes S24 - does anyne has info on this?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 03:43:26 AM »
Ok got some details on it. They renamed it the s5 and it is available as pre-order only for now. It'll be ready by Feb/March.

It looks like it a 100m travel frame with 67 degrees ha and 77 degrees sta. Weight for frame only is about 2kg. It'll fit 2 water bottles.

CasualRider

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 03:45:03 AM »
Forgot the last attachment.

bbr

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 09:21:06 PM »
Looks rally good. What are the specs?

Reach, Sta, hta, cs shock lenght?

carbonazza

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 02:58:19 AM »
Aren't they all selling frames from flybike ?
http://www.flybike-asia.com/product/179.html

albar

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 07:43:30 AM »
Aren't they all selling frames from flybike ?
http://www.flybike-asia.com/product/179.html

Interesting. Carbonda fm 936 also in this catalog

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 12:08:03 PM »
As well as other older frames various sellers were or are still offering.
There is a post about flybike in the forum.

They are B2B, so dealing with them will be more rough than with our usual sellers.
No painting option, no sophisticated shipping.

CasualRider

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 07:17:02 AM »
The specs should be in the pdf I attached earlier. I took a look at the flyway light spec carbon frame - I'd stay away from that unless I'm very light and doing very light trails. 1.6kg with that seat stays, looks like it'll snap if I suddenly go over a large log. It's so tempting to build another bike with that frame.

carbonazza

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 08:58:14 AM »
...with that seat stays, looks like it'll snap ....

Not riding. If you fall on your frame with your full weight probably. Carbon is though  ;)
Maybe I should cancel my FM936 and order this one, I could get it before ???

rpfelle

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 12:21:37 PM »
What kind of shock is needed for this frame??

wfl3

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 01:07:03 PM »
The specs should be in the pdf I attached earlier. I took a look at the flyway light spec carbon frame - I'd stay away from that unless I'm very light and doing very light trails. 1.6kg with that seat stays, looks like it'll snap if I suddenly go over a large log. It's so tempting to build another bike with that frame.

Doesn't really look any more "fragile" than the FM936 stays to me.  I have the superlight version of the FM936 and have been really impressed with it so far.  Did a race in Pisgah on it and it got me in over my head a few times and came thru like a champ.

This S5/S24 a lot like what I'd really want tho - 2 cages in the frame, slack geo & light weight.  I didn't see that fly weight version tho?  Where can I see that?

Thanks

albar

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 04:13:35 PM »
400 gr is a quite big difference for normal vs suprlite frame. The weight of the frame on photo is the same as my L Carbonda fm936. It will be interesting to see the proof of weight of superlite frame.

CasualRider

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 10:55:20 PM »
What kind of shock is needed for this frame??

From the specs sheet, it looks to be a 165mm x 40mm trunnion metric shock.

CasualRider

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 11:06:14 PM »
Doesn't really look any more "fragile" than the FM936 stays to me.  I have the superlight version of the FM936 and have been really impressed with it so far.  Did a race in Pisgah on it and it got me in over my head a few times and came thru like a champ.

This S5/S24 a lot like what I'd really want tho - 2 cages in the frame, slack geo & light weight.  I didn't see that fly weight version tho?  Where can I see that?

Thanks

It was in the link that Carbonazza posted http://www.flybike-asia.com/product/179.html , no real proof of the weight though.

I'm a bit iffy when it comes to superlight weight frames, being as heavy as I am. Plus with the youtube video of the guy that broke his seat-stay, on his what I assume to be a 1.6kg frame, down a 2 foot drop. which my buds keep forwarding to me when I said I'm buying china carbon - I'll err on the side of caution just to prove them wrong.

wfl3

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2020, 06:22:51 AM »
It was in the link that Carbonazza posted http://www.flybike-asia.com/product/179.html , no real proof of the weight though.

I'm a bit iffy when it comes to superlight weight frames, being as heavy as I am. Plus with the youtube video of the guy that broke his seat-stay, on his what I assume to be a 1.6kg frame, down a 2 foot drop. which my buds keep forwarding to me when I said I'm buying china carbon - I'll err on the side of caution just to prove them wrong.

I see it now, thanks.  ;-)

I will say my 1.8kg Carbonda has def held up to MANY 2 foot (and up to 4ish) drops. Lots of jumps and cased doubles too.  :-(

It gets beat up regularly at my "home course" Graham Swamp Trail which is notorious for breaking bike stuff and people stuff.  ;-)