Author Topic: Carbonda FM909  (Read 119020 times)

Vipassana

Re: Carbonda FM909
« Reply #690 on: September 12, 2023, 03:34:08 PM »
@Carbonazza - My new favorite build on here! Easily the prettiest.

I've really wanted to play around with a blip-box on my Spark to eliminate my shifter pod and dropper lever.  What is the pricing (estimate) for the setup you have? (Not including derailleur or seatpost)

The handlebar setup is attractive as well. I'm currently using the Syncros 1-piece knock off from AliExpress and it's fine, but a bit flexible compared to an aluminum stem and carbon flat bar I replaced. Can you comment on stiffness of the bar you have?

I have so many questions, but last one for now, how are the wheels? On your advice I went LB XC925 featherweight rims and then laced them to CX-ray spokes and onyx Vesper hubs. Great wheelset but not exactly light at 1440g.  I love the hubs and rims so the only way to make them lighter would be spokes.  Was thinking Berd, but yours looks like an option as well.

Keep up the awesome builds.  You inspired me to get on the waiting list for Piccolas. I'll figure out how to pay for them and sell my wife on them when they get to me in a year.  ;D

emu26

« Reply #691 on: September 12, 2023, 03:34:28 PM »
That's from Carbonda  ::).  There are already a couple of photos in exactly this color in this thread from my frame.

To be fair to Ludo, the most recent pic of yours, unless I missed one, is 7 pages back from November last year and in that pic at least, it looks a different blue.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #692 on: September 12, 2023, 06:04:25 PM »
To be fair to Ludo, the most recent pic of yours, unless I missed one, is 7 pages back from November last year and in that pic at least, it looks a different blue.

As i explained also: this colour is just very dark blue unless you sparkle in the sun. If you expect that sparkling sun color always ,you will be very sad.
 It IS the same blue. If you don't want to believe it... then don't.

Ludo

« Reply #693 on: September 12, 2023, 06:09:24 PM »
Thanks guys for the answers. I went back a few pages but not all the way to page 7/8
I am sure really liking in the sun and living in Houston, we have our fair share of it.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #694 on: September 12, 2023, 06:25:25 PM »
Thanks guys for the answers. I went back a few pages but not all the way to page 7/8
I am sure really liking in the sun and living in Houston, we have our fair share of it.

It was supposed to be a hint for you to look for those photos, which you could look for in the thread.
Personally , the more photos of a certain color I see, the more I get a good idea about reality.
The photos from november last year are from someone else, but this is also the same color. For the raw carbon colored versions there are not that many colors available..i have seen blue as ours, red, orange, and a greenish color.

Ludo

« Reply #695 on: September 12, 2023, 07:11:04 PM »
I looked after the post was up, appreciate the guidance. Like many paints, sun truly shows the depth and variation on non flat surface. This one is truly superb!

emu26

« Reply #696 on: September 12, 2023, 07:51:01 PM »
As i explained also: this colour is just very dark blue unless you sparkle in the sun. If you expect that sparkling sun color always ,you will be very sad.
 It IS the same blue. If you don't want to believe it... then don't.

Never said it wasn't the same colour, just noting that it doesn't appear the same colour as your most recent pick which was 7 pages back and coming up on a year ago, as you seemed disappointed that peope were reacting as if it was new..
I do remember your many posts from back then because it did look so good when it was glittering and I hadn't seen much like it previously.

emu26

« Reply #697 on: September 12, 2023, 07:53:39 PM »
It was supposed to be a hint for you to look for those photos, which you could look for in the thread.
Personally , the more photos of a certain color I see, the more I get a good idea about reality.
The photos from november last year are from someone else, but this is also the same color. For the raw carbon colored versions there are not that many colors available..i have seen blue as ours, red, orange, and a greenish color.

So this isn't your pic?

I own a Cameo 4. And I used some high glossy metal shinevinyl from Ali that had a color flip from yellowish to silver to blue.
 8) yeah this is pretty awesome stuff to create on your own. Meanwhile I am thinking of gold or copper brushed vinyl design for next year.  ;D

MagicShite

« Reply #698 on: September 12, 2023, 10:08:21 PM »
currently torn between M or L size for the FM909

My size on the Epic Pro L size, the geo on the M seems more similar to the M size?

But the L size on the FM909 could be similar in sitting position if I used a 50mm stem.

Quite confused with the super modern geometry.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #699 on: September 12, 2023, 11:54:17 PM »
So this isn't your pic?

Do you want to argue?  Why are you responding like that? Do you think that's helpful ? Well, if yes, continue. If not, stop it.  It is your interpretation that I was angry. Usually I tend to help, but if someone is questioning me what should I say..believe me or don't.
 If this is not fine for you, just ignore me. (By the way : now I am angry. But its because of you not because of the color question. I gave the information and added additional information and you attack me... wow. Really crazy. )

Yes this is also mine. I didn't see it. But there was someone else posting photos around that time.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 12:03:29 AM by Pedaldancer »

emu26

« Reply #700 on: September 13, 2023, 03:07:11 AM »
Do you want to argue?  Why are you responding like that? Do you think that's helpful ? Well, if yes, continue. If not, stop it.  It is your interpretation that I was angry. Usually I tend to help, but if someone is questioning me what should I say..believe me or don't.
 If this is not fine for you, just ignore me. (By the way : now I am angry. But its because of you not because of the color question. I gave the information and added additional information and you attack me... wow. Really crazy. )

Yes this is also mine. I didn't see it. But there was someone else posting photos around that time.

Wow, talk about misreading posts.

Never said it wasn't the same colour and yet you say  " It IS the same blue. If you don't want to believe it... then don't." directly responding to me.

Never said you were angry. I said you seemed disappointed, two completely different things.

I said your most recent pic was from November and 7 pages back and you said they weren't your pics, in fact your words were "Those photos from November are from someone else"  That confused me because I genuinely thought they were yours which is why I asked for clarification by quoting the exact post I had referred to.

Maybe settle down a bit Pedaldancer and make sure you comprehend what has actually been said before you start having a go at other member.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #701 on: September 13, 2023, 05:48:53 AM »
Wow, talk about misreading posts.

You started the discussion in saying I seemed to be disappointed.
With this I won't reply anymore to this.

I could write a lot also now , but as You want to understand me writing aggressive, it's just not fruitful.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 05:50:38 AM by Pedaldancer »

emu26

« Reply #702 on: September 13, 2023, 06:16:04 AM »

You started the discussion in saying I seemed to be disappointed.
With this I won't reply anymore to this.

I could write a lot also now , but as You want to understand me writing aggressive, it's just not fruitful.

No, I started the discussion with

acedeuce802

« Reply #703 on: September 13, 2023, 07:30:56 AM »
currently torn between M or L size for the FM909

My size on the Epic Pro L size, the geo on the M seems more similar to the M size?

But the L size on the FM909 could be similar in sitting position if I used a 50mm stem.

Quite confused with the super modern geometry.

You may way to list your height, inseam, and arm span.  Can't give a recommendation for sure since we don't know if you're on the short/middle/tall end of a large on the Epic.  But the large FM909 would be more comparable to large Epic, it'll feel way different though.  The reach is longer, but the seat tube angle is steeper, meaning the saddle is further forward and closer to the handlebars.  So that 30mm extra reach is negated by the steep STA.

MagicShite

« Reply #704 on: September 13, 2023, 07:51:22 AM »
You may way to list your height, inseam, and arm span.  Can't give a recommendation for sure since we don't know if you're on the short/middle/tall end of a large on the Epic.  But the large FM909 would be more comparable to large Epic, it'll feel way different though.  The reach is longer, but the seat tube angle is steeper, meaning the saddle is further forward and closer to the handlebars.  So that 30mm extra reach is negated by the steep STA.

Thanks. That's what I thought as well. Since you can't be fussing around with offset seatposts on a MTB and a dropper.

I'm 179cm with long torso and short legs (inseam of 81cm). I also have positive APE Index. I typically prefer 56cm road bikes and L sized MTBs. The Epic EVO L is definitely my size. I'm currently running the Voice Rhapsody VP4 on Large Size as well.