Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38044 times)

Greenred

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2022, 07:13:49 AM »
I ordered Spexcel shirts and a bib on AliExpress.
After more than a month and telling me they sent it (lie) they cancelled my order without any note nor comment.
Very bad customer experience so far, haven’t experienced this with AliExpress so far, disappointing.

Fat Larry

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2022, 08:13:48 AM »
I've tried:

Rockbros: Commuter Gloves, black with the reflective strip. Seemed like good quality, i accidently ordered a size too small so didn't use them for any length of time but will probably order them again. They had a nice, moderate (as opposed to the 8mm - 10mm thick absurdness some Chinese gloves have) pad layout on the palm that offered some extra comfort but didn't get in the way at all.

X-Tiger: Long Bib and top. Again decent, chamois was comfortable. I don't have a lot of experience with spandex to compare them to.  If i needed spandex again i'd probably look there first but i've sold my road bike and am planning on mostly riding enduro and some bike packing trips so this is unlikely.

Dharco: Mtb jesery. Suspect it is a knock off. Anyway again it seems fine, the pattern was different to what was pictured so i got a refund. Going by this mtb jersey i can't see what they do differently to standard active wear. I haven't tried any other mtb clothing.

Arbot Gloves. Again fine. Not very pretty. Last about a long as any other glove i've used name brand or not. Thick padding on the palms that i removed.

I have some chamois underwear coming and am looking for mtb riding pants at the moment. Would be keen for any suggestions or warnings if anyone's tried any of alis offerings.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 06:30:17 PM by Fat Larry »

kbernstein

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2023, 04:18:20 AM »
(Hopefully) reviving this thread to ask if anyone has tried the newer Darevie stuff such as this jersey: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004492511606.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.27bf38da3mbYIR&mp=1
I'm incredibly tempted by a full set given their color options but I had a pretty bad experience with spexcel bibs and their dupont coolmax pad that absorbs all the sweat and folds when standing up to get in my crack. Not very pleasant.

hazzer19

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2023, 05:14:49 PM »
(Hopefully) reviving this thread to ask if anyone has tried the newer Darevie stuff such as this jersey: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004492511606.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.27bf38da3mbYIR&mp=1
I'm incredibly tempted by a full set given their color options but I had a pretty bad experience with spexcel bibs and their dupont coolmax pad that absorbs all the sweat and folds when standing up to get in my crack. Not very pleasant.

I've heard really good things about their bibs. It's the next pair I'll try. Haven't head anything about their jerseys.

Froglover825

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2023, 07:43:56 PM »
The brands i've tried so far:
Raccmer jersey: They are "okay", pretty much what you expect from a decent aliexpress jersey, material feels cheap and it fits okay, fine for a commute but not on race day.
Spexcel bibs: They are "okay", i've found the leg grippers have quickly given up on life, the material is relatively good, the chamois is a bit short at the front for my liking but they are fine for anything under 2 hour ride - i just use it for commuting these days.
YKYWBIKE Bibs: Fabric is good quality, grippers are good, the chamois is better than the spexcel however not as long as i'd like it, only realm qualm is that it's a little bit short at the front for my liking, this is probably the high end of ali express brands. I wear it on longer rides and it's fine.
YKYWBIKE Jersey: The fabric is really weird, not like the cheaper ali brands but not like my "western" jerseys either, it feels like swimming clothes material, also no grippers on the arms. The fit is pretty good, I'd probably equate it to a lower end "serious" cycling jersey maybe something like a sportful?
x-tiger jersey: Shit, the material is really hot and not very comfortable, i never use it as it's too hot here to wear it.

impmonkey

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2023, 08:54:14 PM »

Don't have this exact jersey, but I have another and the quality is great. Also rocking about 5 of their bib shorts. Just picked up a pair of their mtb shorts as well. Very impressed

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2023, 01:49:30 AM »
YKYWBIKE Bibs: Fabric is good quality, grippers are good, the chamois is better than the spexcel however not as long as i'd like it, only realm qualm is that it's a little bit short at the front for my liking, this is probably the high end of ali express brands. I wear it on longer rides and it's fine.
YKYWBIKE Jersey: The fabric is really weird, not like the cheaper ali brands but not like my "western" jerseys either, it feels like swimming clothes material, also no grippers on the arms. The fit is pretty good, I'd probably equate it to a lower end "serious" cycling jersey maybe something like a sportful?

I also like the YKYWBIKE stuff. They are getting a little more expensive these days...
Just make sure you check the sizing tables since they use mostly asian sizes... I made the mistake of ordering my normal S the first time and I had to give it to my 10 year old nephew... They did refund me and I ordered an L which was the right size.

The RION stuff is also good.

Just make sure you don't shop for the bottom of the barrel stuff... From 25-30€ upwards the quality seems to be OK. The cheaper stuff is crap, I made that mistake with my first few orders...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 01:51:18 AM by TidyDinosaur »

kbernstein

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2023, 05:29:03 AM »
I also like the YKYWBIKE stuff. They are getting a little more expensive these days...
Just make sure you check the sizing tables since they use mostly asian sizes... I made the mistake of ordering my normal S the first time and I had to give it to my 10 year old nephew... They did refund me and I ordered an L which was the right size.

The RION stuff is also good.

Just make sure you don't shop for the bottom of the barrel stuff... From 25-30€ upwards the quality seems to be OK. The cheaper stuff is crap, I made that mistake with my first few orders...

They refunded you for a sizing mistake you did? And there I was thinking I shouldn't bother getting a refund on a shitty saddle with obvious manufacturing defects.

Don't have this exact jersey, but I have another and the quality is great. Also rocking about 5 of their bib shorts. Just picked up a pair of their mtb shorts as well. Very impressed

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004802943684.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.2e7338da0SAYHZ&mp=1
Is it this one by any chance? I'm also considering it  :)

I also forgot I had another clothing item from ali:
I have 4 pairs of those Liteskin socks now (they are sold under different names) and i LOVE them, they've replaced my other socks. Infinitely better than my 16€ salomon socks that stink and ripped for no reason on the first use
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002852674400.html?
Strongly recommend them. Colors come and go. Love the wine red ones.

Does anyone know of an ali jersey that comes with a zipped pocket? It doesn't really show the pockets on the pictures. I don't lock my door anymore but I might need to carry keys again when I move out  :'(

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2023, 05:33:46 AM »
They refunded you for a sizing mistake you did? And there I was thinking I shouldn't bother getting a refund on a shitty saddle with obvious manufacturing defects.

Does anyone know of an ali jersey that comes with a zipped pocket? It doesn't really show the pockets on the pictures. I don't lock my door anymore but I might need to carry keys again when I move out  :'(
Yes, they indeed refunded me :) I have since ordered a few items from them.

Here is a shirt with zipper: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804147644950.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.24.4ae918020Ke0Yu&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US
These are normal sizes. I even had to go for the XS size with this one.

Here is another one: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801876538448.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.34.4ae918020Ke0Yu&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Just compare the sizing to a shirt you already have and that fits.

impmonkey

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2023, 01:48:05 PM »

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004802943684.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.2e7338da0SAYHZ&mp=1
Is it this one by any chance? I'm also considering it  :)

Yup that one in orange haha

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2023, 02:42:21 PM »
I wish they would skip the cheap looking logo's and the silly slogans on the clothes...

coffeebreak

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2023, 02:51:42 PM »
Like Chinese CF components, these clothes should also come with logo/no logo cheesy slogans/no cheesy slogans options.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2023, 03:01:29 PM »
Yeah, those deravie shirts look great, but the text on the sleeve makes me never wanna buy it...

kbike

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2023, 03:37:58 PM »
Ask the seller before ordering.  I've gotten thicker chamois and no logos from sellers. Sometimes they will be able to do it.

kbernstein

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2023, 03:54:37 PM »
Ask the seller before ordering.  I've gotten thicker chamois and no logos from sellers. Sometimes they will be able to do it.

I have one of those socks https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004551193980.html because they were cheaper than my beloved Liteskin at the time and specifically asked the seller if they had some without the rapha logo. He assured me they did. I have rapha on my toes regardless.
The cheesy Darevie text also bores me but it seems subtle enough. Not like anyone will be able to read it anyway, I think I'll get a set and pray the bibs aren't as bad as spexcel