Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38061 times)

Froglover825

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2023, 06:03:26 PM »
They refunded you for a sizing mistake you did? And there I was thinking I shouldn't bother getting a refund on a shitty saddle with obvious manufacturing defects.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004802943684.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.2e7338da0SAYHZ&mp=1
Is it this one by any chance? I'm also considering it  :)

I also forgot I had another clothing item from ali:
I have 4 pairs of those Liteskin socks now (they are sold under different names) and i LOVE them, they've replaced my other socks. Infinitely better than my 16€ salomon socks that stink and ripped for no reason on the first use
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002852674400.html?
Strongly recommend them. Colors come and go. Love the wine red ones.

Does anyone know of an ali jersey that comes with a zipped pocket? It doesn't really show the pockets on the pictures. I don't lock my door anymore but I might need to carry keys again when I move out  :'(
I've found aliexpress generally side with the buyer because they don't want to lose them, while they know the seller will stay on the site.

At worst you can just put in a claim on paypal, paypal basically instantly sides with you no matter what against aliexpress since i assume they are a "problem" website.

kbernstein

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2023, 03:44:44 AM »
That was months ago though (and I didn't have positive temperatures for months after the purchase so I could not even try it after getting it) do you reckon I could still open a dispute for the dangerous saddle?

sbellote

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2023, 12:42:04 PM »
been using mostly aliexpress clothes for the past 4y so could say a bit about some brands.. I always try looking for those better ones, because the cheapest are trash after some months :/

Rion I had good experience years ago, but the newest stuff didn't had the chance to test yet...

Darevie I have 3 bibs, 2 jerseys, and a baselayer. All are great quality, the fabric is good and comfortable, the padding is good too, at least the models I have. This blue bib from them is really great, fit well and comfortable, it's beautiful also so gotta say one of my favorites. Been curious about this one too and got it, the 'X straps' and the partially sewed chamois got my attention, but gotta say I didn't find too different from the traditional bibs

From Ykywbike I have a lot of stuff, bibs, jerseys, windproof long sleeve, socks, arm and leg warmers, gloves, thermal bib.. first, they upped their game a lot in the last 1-2yrs, I had some of the old stuff and the quality difference is very clear. But still the prices nowadays are good, although higher than before
This bib with a thicker chamois and this one with Elastic Interface are my favorites, the fabric is really comfortable I almost don't feel it, had 6-7h rides with them and all good too, a lot of use (1,5yrs weekly use) and still look like new
this new summer jersey is a good example of the quality improvement, I compare it with my 2y old jerseys from them and it's like a different brand, better fabric, better finishing.

also got some stuff from Spexcel, their jerseys are really high quality too, nice fabric, different colors from other chinese brands, got this purple, green and a beige one, all really good
the bibs I got one back in 2019 and wasn't a good experience, one of the cheapest with gel padding and in less then 1y I couldn't use it anymore. I've been really curious about their latest launchings, the bibs look nice and seem to have a longer thigh length, but I've already got too many clothes lol

This is something that the other brands are lacking, the thigh is a bit short on most, after riding a bit when the bib 'settles in' it looks a bit short.. hope they start launching some longer ones in the future

also, something that I've learnt is that many times the cheapest items from each brand are not worth, you can spend a bit more but get much more quality with the mid-top products on these brands
the same considering the whole offer of clothing.. like I mentioned in the beginning, those 'replica' jerseys and bibs, and the likes of X-Tiger and other brands that are really cheap, I don't have personal experience but a lot of friends got it and it becomes trash really quick.

also worth mentioning, my references are some brazillian brands, which although we have good stuff here, are too expensive and the chinese products are same or better for a lower price.

abedfo

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2023, 10:21:26 AM »
Ive got some of the newer Spexcel stuff and my goodness its ridiculous quality for the price.

carbonazza

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2023, 05:02:04 PM »
Ive got some of the newer Spexcel stuff and my goodness its ridiculous quality for the price.
Do you have a link to these newer stuff ?  :)

RDY

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2023, 03:52:08 PM »
Do you have a link to these newer stuff ?  :)

From the stuff I've seen that others have bought:  jerseys still crap, newest bibs good - provided the chamois suits you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 04:09:52 PM by RDY »

sbellote

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2023, 10:46:39 AM »
from the review photos both the jerseys and bibs look pretty good
the jerseys I have from them (linked on the last post) which should be 2022 models are very good and holding well on 1yr of use, only issue is like collar stretching up a bit, but it`s all good still

of course, it all depends on which other brands you're comparing to, but saying it's "crap" may be extreme.
one big issue with Spexcel is their communication is trash, all the times I tried I just couldn't hold a conversation or get the info I needed.. while Ykywbike and Darevie have really good customer service, in my experience

Anyone tried Swiftofo or Spakct? I've been curious with these 2 for a while, seem to have good products but low sales numbers, don't do promotions like the others

From the stuff I've seen that others have bought:  jerseys still crap, newest bibs good - provided the chamois suits you.

carbonazza

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2023, 04:53:44 PM »

I did order two jersey without collar last year, and find them still great.
I tried a bib, for short rides it is ok, for longer not.

Froglover825

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2023, 08:10:23 PM »
A lot of these chinese brands have a really small chamois vertically, if i compare them to my nopinz or blacksheep their chamois are far superior especially if you get into an aero position.

I've relegated my spexcel ybyk(?) bibs to shorter rides 1 hour max.

kbernstein

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2023, 03:00:49 AM »
A lot of these chinese brands have a really small chamois vertically, if i compare them to my nopinz or blacksheep their chamois are far superior especially if you get into an aero position.

I've relegated my spexcel ybyk(?) bibs to shorter rides 1 hour max.

Felt the opposite on my spexcel bibs. They go pretty much from my tailbone to above my junk. A lot more than my castelli and van rysel bibs

Froglover825

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2023, 07:43:56 PM »
Felt the opposite on my spexcel bibs. They go pretty much from my tailbone to above my junk. A lot more than my castelli and van rysel bibs
That's interesting, i'm curious what size bibs you were wearing?
I'm an xl, 80kg~ 191cm, i have a feeling they use the same size chamois regardless of bib size.

kbernstein

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2023, 04:37:53 AM »
That's interesting, i'm curious what size bibs you were wearing?
I'm an xl, 80kg~ 191cm, i have a feeling they use the same size chamois regardless of bib size.

Size L. 184cm, probably over 77kg at this point  :(
Chamois is 34.5cm from the top to the recessed center bottom. 33 and 37 on my other bibs, all size L.
I think it fits me pretty well, size is not an issue and they seem to use european sizes. My main issues with them are the chamois that splits inside your cheeks if you stand up and the aggressively grippy rubber bands that feels way too tight

RDY

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2023, 06:50:56 AM »
I did order two jersey without collar last year, and find them still great.
I tried a bib, for short rides it is ok, for longer not.

All I saw had unraveling threads and peeling graphics after 1-5 rides.

The quality of stitching seemed way better on their more expensive bibs.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2023, 06:55:59 AM »
All I saw had unraveling threads and peeling graphics after 1-5 rides.

Regarding peeling graphics... I had some success by removing the graphics from bibs with a hairdryer and after that removing left over glue with sticker remover...