Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38612 times)

sbellote

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2023, 10:47:50 AM »
recently got 2 new pieces from YKYW
this shirt which the fabric seems a bit different then the others I have from them, nice touch and comfortable, good fit.
and this windvest which I'm honestly impressed. The fabric is light and comfortable, it has a type of lycra on the cuffs which help a lot with putting on/taking off, it's well ventilated but I still was well protected from the wind and cold (7 deg C riding with base layer+jersey+windvest, and all good)
It's a major upgrade on the old windvest I got from them (one of the cheapest)

it's just first impressions and still need to check the durability, but it seems good by now

YKYWbike: Love the atheistic of their jerseys, but realising they are deteriorating faster the most others jerseys ie 10 to 15 rides and they are worse that jerseys bought over 5 years ago with 50 or more rides in them. Bought their Korea lycra cargo bibs, first impressions great, so I bought a second pair with the Elastic Interface pad, but again after regular use (maybe 20 rides each) the soft, compressive lycra is a little harsh and lost some compression. Really rate their base layers and socks.
nice post and thanks for sharing the experience!
interesting take on the YKYW, for me it's the other way around, some of the best experience and like 70% of my weardrobe it's from them...

the shirts seem to loosen quicker, but still get 1,5yrs on them until it starts to be bad to wear.. but the bibs I got from them are all still good and compressing well, even after over 2yrs of weekly use

The first one you linked. I don't really do rides under 3 hours so I'm skeptical of any "good for short rides only" reviews
yeah, I have these ones in blue with the purple chamois (Venom90 it seems to be named). The quality is very good, and to be honest seems to be the best at this price range, fits very well, it's comfortable.. all good
For me it works really well for 3-4 hours, above that starts to get a bit harsh. But be aware I'm 62kg ;D lol
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 09:49:57 AM by sbellote »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2023, 12:26:31 PM »
Just ordered this one. 17,5€ in sale (for EU).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004802943684.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.45.2bab18024BFRIL

I hope I can remove the text on the sleeve with a hairdryer and sticker remover  :D

kbernstein

« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2023, 03:32:43 PM »
Just ordered this one. 17,5€ in sale (for EU).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004802943684.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.45.2bab18024BFRIL

I hope I can remove the text on the sleeve with a hairdryer and sticker remover  :D

How do you get the 17.5€ price? I'm getting 21.6. Did you make a new account? This one has been in my cart for a couple weeks and it's always 22-24€

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2023, 11:47:53 PM »
How do you get the 17.5€ price? I'm getting 21.6. Did you make a new account? This one has been in my cart for a couple weeks and it's always 22-24€
It is one of the superdeals at the moment. I also buy in USD and let the creditcard  company do the conversion. That's cheaper than buying in EUR from Ali

ENEP

« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2023, 01:25:04 AM »
Hi

I need new cycling jerseys for road biking. What's the latest word on DAREVIE and SPEXCEL?
Any other brand recommendation?

Thank you

nickobec

« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2023, 02:15:25 AM »
I need new cycling jerseys for road biking. What's the latest word on DAREVIE and SPEXCEL?
Only other AliExpress brands I would recommend Cheji  and YKYWbike (not so much for jerseys), go back a page and read my post for more details http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3121.msg46516.html#msg46516 I tried a  few more, but  would not recommend then.

As for Darevie never had an issue with them and all the bibs I bought in last 2 years.
Spexcel a few years back had problems with stock levels and delays. I have not heard of any recent issues and my last order 15 months ago was fast.

kbernstein

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2023, 02:19:49 AM »
It is one of the superdeals at the moment. I also buy in USD and let the creditcard  company do the conversion. That's cheaper than buying in EUR from Ali
I can indeed save about 50 cents by switching to USD but I'm still at $22.70 or $17.70 if i open a in a private tab for the welcoming bonus. Switching to a delivery in Germany saves another .10 Do you have coupons or something, or are there more tricks I've been missing all along?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2023, 05:29:07 AM »
I can indeed save about 50 cents by switching to USD but I'm still at $22.70 or $17.70 if i open a in a private tab for the welcoming bonus. Switching to a delivery in Germany saves another .10 Do you have coupons or something, or are there more tricks I've been missing all along?

The 22.70 is indeed the normal price I also see when I go trough the shop itself. But in the Android app on the main page I these "Super Deals". Prices here are lower but most of the time the colours and/or sizes are restricted... The price I see now is 18.89 USD. There is for example an even lower price for these shirts, but only available in red or orange and sizes M and up. I need S so I could not use that. Price for those is 15.59 USD at the moment.

I am a diamond member, so maybe it has something to do with that?? They claim I get 15% off because of this status, but I never thought that was true...

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2023, 10:01:21 AM »
Anybody try the no name aero socks? At $4, that’s hard to beat. And they can’t be any worse than normal cotton socks for aero gains.

Crash217

« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2023, 10:47:42 AM »
Hi

Thank you

Just got a Darvie long sleeve summer jersey a couple days ago.  Seems just as nice as any other jersey I have in the drawer.    They suggested sizing up so I ordered a medium when I usually wear small or xs.  Their size chart seemed to put me at the very big end of medium.    The sleeves are a little long, but I think I could have gotten away with a size small though it might have been a little too tight.

I picked it up on Amazon as I wanted it quicker than AliEx could deliver and it was a couple $ cheaper too.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L43XLBQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I ordered some Kemoloce 3/4 bibs recently haven't gotten them yet though.
http://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804406107968.html

And a "no name" long sleeve jersey from "Cycling Goods Store" that I also haven't received yet. 
http://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804590407450.html

I'm looking forward to trying those out as I never seem to get enough sun screen on.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 10:51:38 AM by Crash217 »

sbellote

« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2023, 11:04:19 AM »
Take some time to read the last ~5 pages, there's a bunch of reviews and feedback about both these brands and YKYWBike too

From my experience, Ykywbike and Darevie are the way to go, more trustworthy products and good aftersales - I always can negotiate some extra coupon when placing an order (except over big sales, like right now), and the few issues I had I could work out through the chat and get some discount or gift in the next order.
Now, Spexcel also has nice quality (I have 3 jerseys here and all good >1,5yr of use) but lately I've seen diverging opinions, some people having quality issues with them. Also, the aftersales is bad, they don't talk much on the chat and the time I had issues (dimensions different from the size table) I could only work it out with a dispute. So although I still look for their products, I take it a bit more as a gamble than the others...

The 22.70 is indeed the normal price I also see when I go trough the shop itself. But in the Android app on the main page I these "Super Deals". Prices here are lower but most of the time the colours and/or sizes are restricted... The price I see now is 18.89 USD. There is for example an even lower price for these shirts, but only available in red or orange and sizes M and up. I need S so I could not use that. Price for those is 15.59 USD at the moment.

I am a diamond member, so maybe it has something to do with that?? They claim I get 15% off because of this status, but I never thought that was true...
yeah, the account level influences from what I know, but also changes according to product and color/size, there are very specific promotions
looking at the Super Deals page is always good practice, Darevie, Ykywbike and Rion have been doing frequent sales there with special prices, but also limited quantities, so need to be quick

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2023, 11:25:30 AM »
Yeah, Rion has also some good deals. But they start at size S and I need XS from them  >:(

kbernstein

« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2023, 02:03:15 PM »
OK, TIL aliexpress has a loyalty system and TIL I am "platinum". I'll order the darevie when I'm sure about my size as it seems like the best price (by pennies) in months.

Anybody try the no name aero socks? At $4, that’s hard to beat. And they can’t be any worse than normal cotton socks for aero gains.

The liteskin macarons, sometimes sold under other brands? Yes, I have 4 pairs. They are great but claiming socks can be one size fits most, from 39EU to 46EU is questionable. I'm a 44.5 and they are quite tight, but overall the quality is good. If you are around 42EU they are probably perfect. Not sure if I believe them to be "aero" though

nickobec

« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2023, 12:40:17 AM »
Yes, even bought a pair with matching aero mitts https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002581862276.html

The look aero, they feel aero, they stay up, can't say how many watts they save ;-) and they have not help me win any races, came close though ;-)

edit I am size EU42 with shaved legs
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 09:07:46 PM by nickobec »