Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38868 times)

sbellote

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2023, 07:56:11 AM »
Anyone has a recommendation for custom team wear on Ali?
I think YKYWBike does customs, it could be a good option, considering it's a known brand with good feedback

Crash217

« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2023, 02:00:24 PM »
Recently received review;

For context I 5'5"/165cm and 123lbs/56kg.

I ordered an XS size, the bibs are a little tighter than expected and shockingly the chamois liner actually sits very far forward (I usually find chamois to fit too far back/up).  So some pulling/adjusting is required as I sit on the seat.  Once positioned, the chamois gel pads/pockets are VERY THICK and noticeable.  Maybe this will lessen over time?

I ordered an XS size in the jersey and the jersey is just fine.  Similar thickness and stretch to any of my other jerseys except compared to a Darevie summer jersey that is beyond belief light/thin.

Kemoloce 3/4 bibs.
http://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804406107968.html

"no name" long sleeve jersey from "Cycling Goods Store".
http://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804590407450.html

Pedaldancer

« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2023, 06:51:39 PM »
 :-\ although i pretty much liked the quality of Spexcel.. I can't recommend ordering there anymore.

I ordered 2 thermal Jerseys  in XS. I do already possess one thermal jersey in XS, and a XL one is also here. The new ordered XS were supposed to be a little tighter than the one I already have.

One XS jersey was much too large. The XL jersey is the same model, so I just measured the lengths of both and looked it up in the sizing chart.. the XL was perfectly fitting the chart measurements whereas the "XS" corresponded to M instead.
Putting all 3 thermal jerseys together I could also see, that the pseudo XS was just in the middle between XS and XL.. so: M
I guess the label had been ironed in just wrong. Mistakes can happen. I got into contact with the seller to solve the issue. He ir she just refused everything and blamed me to be stupid.
I opened a dispute.. and Ali believed me more than Spexcel.

The second jersey that i ordered in XS is in fact XS (hooray) but the sewing quality is bad. Along the seams the needles created little holes in the fabric. These holes will get larger..I know this problem, it can happen because of wrong needles in the serger or to blunt / or to sharp needles.

Although the stuff i have currently (besides the jacket with the holes) is nice , I won't order again at Spexcel. It's just not worthy to have a roulette game regarding sizes. And then there was the bad reaction from the seller also. Mistakes happen.. but if they happen and the reaction is like this...
I can spend my money somewhere else!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 06:56:24 PM by Pedaldancer »

sbellote

« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2023, 07:29:41 PM »
Although the stuff i have currently (besides the jacket with the holes) is nice , I won't order again at Spexcel. It's just not worthy to have a roulette game regarding sizes. And then there was the bad reaction from the seller also. Mistakes happen.. but if they happen and the reaction is like this...
I can spend my money somewhere else!
I think I already shared here my experience with Spexcel, but somewhat similar...

got a jersey which was an XS instead of an 'S' according to size table, managed to get refund but the seller communication was no good. I ended up getting 2 other jerseys from them, which I got a very nice price and decided to take the risk, those were very good and size according to table
but the times I tried to talk with the seller about products, clear doubts about details, it's not good (and not only language barrier, like I get with most stores on AliEx)

so the feeling is the same, I prefer to spend my money somewhere else

Pedaldancer

« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2023, 02:49:17 AM »
I think I already shared here my experience with Spexcel, but somewhat similar...

got a jersey which was an XS instead of an 'S' according to size table, managed to get refund but the seller communication was no good. I ended up getting 2 other jerseys from them, which I got a very nice price and decided to take the risk, those were very good and size according to table
but the times I tried to talk with the seller about products, clear doubts about details, it's not good (and not only language barrier, like I get with most stores on AliEx)

so the feeling is the same, I prefer to spend my money somewhere else

Well yes I had the feeling that the person on the other side had no language issues. He or she was just really rude.
They must have a quality problem in the labelling step .. if you had the same issue,  wrongly labelled.

The sad story...I really wanted this jacket  :'(. I didn't want it for free and also I didn't want to have something that is pretty much too large to wear. I really like my first jacket,  it's a great fabric.I wanted to have a second one  :o
But since the seller doesn't allow me to buy again... and basically I agree because I don't like to order in a roulette style, I must look for something else.  :(
Thermal jacket ... wind shielding, very thin fabric,  "pearly" appearance with "satin" shine and on the inner side thermal fleece.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 02:51:28 AM by Pedaldancer »

sbellote

« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2023, 07:09:12 AM »
so, received this last week this new gillet from YKYW
it's not all 'seamless' as sold, but it indeed has the seams covered on the most exposed areas. Fabric is thin, really light, and comfortable. I've folded it when riding to put on the back pocket and got impressed at the small size of it.

now YKYW just launched some new colored jerseys, very different from the 'common' offers
I need to control myself. lol. I'm not riding a lot outside these last months, and just can't handle the current amount of clothing I have, still I'm buying more. lol

The sad story...I really wanted this jacket  :'(. I didn't want it for free and also I didn't want to have something that is pretty much too large to wear. I really like my first jacket,  it's a great fabric.I wanted to have a second one  :o
try taking a look at YKYWB portfolio, on the beginning they seemed to mimic Spexcel's offers so it's possible they have a similar product
I have a thermal bib from them and really like it, comfortable, and it's a thin fleeced fabric

kbernstein

« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2023, 12:26:42 PM »
Received the darevie set this morning
( https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003127347074.html and https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005368937229.html )
The stitching is flawless on both, I cannot fault them. Great quality.
As mentioned above I am 184ish cm for 75ish kg, I usually wear size M jersey and L bibs on western brands, but ordered both in L after taking a couple references.
The bibs have shoulder straps that are a little tight for me, and the straps are an interesting material that feels a little bit like the thick paper used in wrapping, but mesh. They are on the tighter end of the spectrum for my liking.
The jersey has pockets that sit very high as opposed to my castelli/dhb jerseys with pockets at the very bottom, they even sag on the castelli. They don't feel as deep and they are tighter, having glasses in them was a little uncomfortable compared to what I'm used to. Size L is still very tight for me, I suppose this is what they call "race fit".
Gave both a quick wash and took them on an hour long climb test and while this is too early to say if I love them, it has in the past been enough to say I didn't like some bibs. The issues with the overly tight gripper, itchy straps and pad that gets in my crack when I stand up on my spexcel bibs were not present. I also just hit my best ever 20min power 3 days after my first 200km  8) Hopefully signs of more good things to come.
My biggest issue with them was the jersey pockets, but otherwise the quality is encouraging. I would probably just go up a size for the jersey for (and not "if") my next order

MattL

« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2023, 07:44:31 AM »
Anyone has a recommendation for custom team wear on Ali?
Darevie has the "custom service" page on its website.

Received the darevie set this morning
( https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003127347074.html and https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005368937229.html )
The stitching is flawless on both, I cannot fault them. Great quality.
[...] my next order

Is it me or the links are not working?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2023, 07:46:28 AM »

It's you.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2023, 10:03:03 AM »

Most links at chinertown to Ali do not work for me. Is it because of Europe /USA ?  :o

00Garza

« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2023, 10:10:20 AM »
Most links at chinertown to Ali do not work for me. Is it because of Europe /USA ?  :o

If using a laptop web browser I have to copy the link and manually paste it in a new tab or window. If using my mobile I have to press and hold on the link and use the "open with Aliexpress" feature.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2023, 10:13:52 AM »
so, received this last week this new gillet from YKYW
it's not all 'seamless' as sold, but it indeed has the seams covered on the most exposed areas. Fabric is thin, really light, and comfortable. I've folded it when riding to put on the back pocket and got impressed at the small size of it.

now YKYW just launched some new colored jerseys, very different from the 'common' offers
I need to control myself. lol. I'm not riding a lot outside these last months, and just can't handle the current amount of clothing I have, still I'm buying more. lol
try taking a look at YKYWB portfolio, on the beginning they seemed to mimic Spexcel's offers so it's possible they have a similar product
I have a thermal bib from them and really like it, comfortable, and it's a thin fleeced fabric

They definitely look very close, I guess the fabric is somewhat very special. All good things come to an end ...I must just mentally accept that I won't get exactly the same again  ;D
I also liked the winter fleece from Racmmer for the every day commute and their very nice designs,definitely a really good value for the very low price..... since 2 years Racmmer is not selling anymore to Germany.  ::) Then I found Spexcel.. and now I must move on again.

Gareth79

« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2023, 09:34:09 AM »
I've been looking at the various brands recently, and my conclusions just from looking at the photos/reviews on Aliexpress seem to mirror people's actual experiences.

One issue is that I am tall (183cm) but pretty slim (86cm chest, 80cm waist, ish), so things come up short as they are, and the Chinese patterns seem to be slightly behind Western fashion of longer legged shorts.

One notable exception seems to be Spexcel? In the item and review photos of this product the legs seem to be cut almost too long? The caption says the model is 180cm and wears size S, but the leg grippers are almost loose at their knees!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005343407124.html

sbellote

« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2023, 10:49:28 AM »
One notable exception seems to be Spexcel? In the item and review photos of this product the legs seem to be cut almost too long? The caption says the model is 180cm and wears size S, but the leg grippers are almost loose at their knees!
always take descriptions of chinese stores with a grain of salt
and always look for reviews with photos and detailed information, those are more trustworthy
these are 2 of the main things I learned in the 5+ years buying stuff from Aliex

on that case of the Spexcel Bib, there's a reviewer 1.80m/80kg who ordered M and the bibs are slightly shorter than the model on the photos (which would be wearing S)
another guy 1.80/72kg also with M size and this time the bib seems to match the length of the description photos, but here I'd add a factor most people forget (I included) when looking at bibs

description photos are studio photos, the model puts the bib on, takes the photo, then changes to the next bib
but when you start moving and then riding, the bib settles in and normally goes up a bit. That'd be the real length of the bib
so I'd consider more the photos of the reviewer riding and with a bent knee, than the one who's in front of a mirror just trying the bib after arrival

00Garza

« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2023, 03:09:12 PM »
I've been looking at the various brands recently, and my conclusions just from looking at the photos/reviews on Aliexpress seem to mirror people's actual experiences.

One issue is that I am tall (183cm) but pretty slim (86cm chest, 80cm waist, ish), so things come up short as they are, and the Chinese patterns seem to be slightly behind Western fashion of longer legged shorts.

Fellow tall scrawny person here. 187cm and about 77 kilos. I bought a size medium bib according to their charts, but it was too small. Had to buy a large. I'm a medium in most jerseys, but large in most bibs. Sizing will vary between brands, and even between different styles of a brand.