Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38621 times)

raisinberry777

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2023, 04:26:34 AM »
Anyone got recommendations on a one-piece skinsuit (preferably with pockets)? Looking to find a 'racesuit' type outfit but it seems like there's not much choice from the high quality brands on AliExpress.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2023, 04:36:59 AM »
Can anyone recommend a good set of winter bib tights WITHOUT chamois? I prefer to wear tights over my shorts as I find it a lot comfier. But I can’t find any from Chinese clothing manufacturers.

I just get runners tights from Decathlon.

kbernstein

« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2023, 04:55:25 AM »
I just get runners tights from Decathlon.

They are discounted atmat my local store and I was considering them instead of getting winter bibs. Do you wear them over or under bibs?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2023, 05:20:12 AM »
They are discounted atmat my local store and I was considering them instead of getting winter bibs. Do you wear them over or under bibs?
Over the bibs. But get the small enough. You don't want them baggy at you butt...  ;D
I like it this way. No need to get expensive long bibs you won't wear a lot.(depending on where you live of course..)

Sebastian

« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2023, 07:19:00 AM »
Over the bibs. But get the small enough. You don't want them baggy at you butt...  ;D
I like it this way. No need to get expensive long bibs you won't wear a lot.(depending on where you live of course..)

Exactly. And runner's tights are not my fav for this application. I want tights with suspenders so they don't work their way down.
I have found a few options at local shops from big brands with discount. But I figured there might be something from a Chinese brand. Bib tights with pad never quite worked for me. Either the fit around the waist and the pad work for me but the legs are too short or the leg length is fine but they're too baggy where the pad sits. Padless tights are much better - for me at least.

Froglover825

« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2023, 10:56:10 PM »
Anyone got recommendations on a one-piece skinsuit (preferably with pockets)? Looking to find a 'racesuit' type outfit but it seems like there's not much choice from the high quality brands on AliExpress.
Once you go skinsuit you never go back, the fit and simplicity is just far superior imo.
If you can manage to get it on clearance then Neopro skinsuit is incredibly cheap, superior to any ali offering imo.

kbernstein

« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2023, 04:06:44 AM »
Once you go skinsuit you never go back, the fit and simplicity is just far superior imo.
If you can manage to get it on clearance then Neopro skinsuit is incredibly cheap, superior to any ali offering imo.
Neopro won't sell in europe because "the taxes make business not worth it"
Do you also find skinsuits more comfortable, or just easier to deal with and cheaper? I was interested last year but many people dissuaded me saying they are not comfortable and something only worth getting for short races

Unrelated, I found the last discounted neoracer jersey from the local decathlon that happened to be my size... For 15€, I don't think anyone is ever going to beat that price. Worth checking if there is stock locally imo...

Froglover825

« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2023, 07:19:51 AM »
Do you also find skinsuits more comfortable, or just easier to deal with and cheaper? I was interested last year but many people dissuaded me saying they are not comfortable and something only worth getting for short races

Unrelated, I found the last discounted neoracer jersey from the local decathlon that happened to be my size... For 15€, I don't think anyone is ever going to beat that price. Worth checking if there is stock locally imo...
I find speeddsuits more comfortable since there isn't excess fabric and it is skintight if you get the right size. I really like my nopinz speedsuit but it is way pricier and not sustainable for me unless I get a crazy deal.
I think some people who find them super uncomfortable have the wrong size, don't like tightfitting clothes, or their bodytype isn't suited to a default skinsuit tbh.
Sadly no decathlon in my state.

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2023, 05:44:25 PM »

I’ll add another data point. I personally don’t find ski suits that comfortable. Nothing beats bibs and a separate jersey for comfort and versatility. I love unzipping my jersey in the summer and letting it flap to get a nice breeze going. Doesn’t really work with skin suits. That said, I race exclusively in skin suits. Can’t beat the aero fit. Maybe because my race suit is very tight, meant for being a second skin. I don’t like it for longer than a few hours though.

jonathanf2

« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2023, 11:55:03 AM »
I love unzipping my jersey in the summer and letting it flap to get a nice breeze going.

Once when I was riding on a hot day with my jersey unzipped, a wasp flew straight onto my stomach, stung me and then started crawling inside my bib! I had to stop and do a crazy dance to get it off me! First day it was sore, next day it itched like crazy. Now I get a little paranoid if I unzip! Lol

nickobec

« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2023, 12:01:32 AM »
Went looking myself, not a lot to find.

Tempted by https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004436474128.html trust Cheji as a brand (more than NeoPro), have a few pieces of their kit, prices looks good for the next couple of days (Cheji pricing fluctuates wildly), just not sold on the design.

Froglover825

« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2023, 06:54:39 PM »
Went looking myself, not a lot to find.

Tempted by https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004436474128.html trust Cheji as a brand (more than NeoPro), have a few pieces of their kit, prices looks good for the next couple of days (Cheji pricing fluctuates wildly), just not sold on the design.
For me it is $86 which isn't expensive for a skinsuit but at the same time I can get a neopro one for $80 on sale and it is a tried and true product  :o
I'd be tempted if the designs weren't so bad tbh.

carbonazza

« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2023, 03:17:07 AM »
Once when I was riding on a hot day with my jersey unzipped, a wasp flew straight onto my stomach, stung me and then started crawling inside my bib! I had to stop and do a crazy dance to get it off me! First day it was sore, next day it itched like crazy. Now I get a little paranoid if I unzip! Lol
Feel free to unzip again!
If unlucky, hornets or wasps can sting you through the jersey !

Sebastian

« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2023, 03:31:40 AM »
Feel free to unzip again!
If unlucky, hornets or wasps can sting you through the jersey !

Or through the bib. I can confirm that, too. :)

kbernstein

« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2023, 04:05:16 AM »
How bug nets through helmet vents aren't standard is crazy to me... Not even keeping track of the amount of times something has gotten stuck in my hair through the helmet and stung me anymore