Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 37778 times)

PLA

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2024, 09:26:01 AM »
You mean that the Elastic Interface pad is fake in some AliExpress products? I’ve read about it elsewhere too. Do you have personal experience with fake EI pads? I’m also interested in some of the EI-padded bibs, your advice of products to avoid would be highly appreciated.

Yeah mate, I've had a couple and they've been obvious fakes when compared to a real version, whether that be from cheji or other european brands. The 'Paris hp' pad that's used most commonly seems to be the one that has the most fakes floating around.

This is just my experience, take it with a grain of salz
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

ENEP

« Reply #331 on: January 30, 2024, 01:55:21 AM »
Yeah mate, I've had a couple and they've been obvious fakes when compared to a real version, whether that be from cheji or other european brands. The 'Paris hp' pad that's used most commonly seems to be the one that has the most fakes floating around.

This is just my experience, take it with a grain of salz

Thanks mate!

cramy

« Reply #332 on: January 30, 2024, 02:28:59 AM »
Any product link that could help, with EI pad?

sbellote

« Reply #333 on: February 19, 2024, 08:12:31 AM »
sometime ago there was some talk about long leg/thigh bibs, I've just got 2 bibs which maybe can fit whoever is looking for this..

After almost 2yrs using my YKYW bibs - which were the 'go to' for long rides - the foam started to not support as much (still good for ~3h tho), and especially that I've crashed while mtbiking with my favorite one and it scratched a little the side panel (just wore out the fabric, no opening tho)
So I've decided to try some new ones... risked on a Spexcel, although I had bad experience with them 2yrs ago, and also wanted to try a Lameda one, especially after it got complimented by Jon/ChinaCycling as something like 'best chinese bib'

So, this Spexcel one impressed me, quality is superb, straps are comfortable and hold well in place, the fabric is comfy too. The pad reminds the EI Paris one, is thick and for a 4-5hr ride it held really well.
the leg is long, about 2-3cm longer than the ones I got from YKYW and Darevie, although the same size (EU Small, or Asia M). And even on this long ride it held well to my skin, didn't went up much, to the point that it was just about to pinch the back of my knee when pedaling.
overall, liked it a lot! The green is beautiful.

The Lameda Starlight I've had issues... The sizing table is a bit wrong, I saw multiple pages on Aliexpress and even the PandaPodium one, through measures and weight I'd be a EU M size, which I've ordered, but unfortunately was a bit big.
What is strange is that the leg is pretty long, getting down to my knee, but the upper part and straps are comparable to the YKYW I have, bit smaller even. So I ended up passing on to a friend who's slightly bigger and to him it was perfect.
In the end, if I had gone with the size I'm used to with chinese brands (EU Small, Asian M) it'd be ok. What I can say, having ridden it for 10-15 minutes, is that the fabric is really good and comfortable, the 2 panel/seamless construction is nicely done, the quality honestly impressed me. The padding seemed thick and comfortable, but was a short use so cannot vouch for it
Main point is, the leg is long, similar to Spexcel, so I believe for the smaller size would be perfect. I'll order it next and see if it works

Any product link that could help, with EI pad?
The YKYW ones I can say are legit, I have 2 from them

kbernstein

« Reply #334 on: February 25, 2024, 05:22:33 AM »

nickobec

« Reply #335 on: February 25, 2024, 07:03:46 AM »
Found a new skinsuit
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005203097272.html
Not a skinsuit I would choose
The 9D Gel (thick pad) is one of the worst  pads I have ever ridden in: thick, bulky and uncomfortable.

dsveddy

« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2024, 12:09:23 PM »
New skinsuit I have my eye on is GCBIG. Seems that they have an EI-Paris pad option. Anyone have thoughts or reviews?
www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806064509030

carbonazza

« Reply #337 on: February 26, 2024, 07:48:36 AM »
New skinsuit I have my eye on is GCBIG. Seems that they have an EI-Paris pad option. Anyone have thoughts or reviews?
www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806064509030
The link appears to be broken

dsveddy

« Reply #338 on: February 26, 2024, 08:35:04 AM »
[url]http://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806064509030.html[\url]

Try this?

eddietheengineer

« Reply #339 on: February 26, 2024, 05:52:49 PM »

the leg is long, about 2-3cm longer than the ones I got from YKYW and Darevie, although the same size (EU Small, or Asia M). And even on this long ride it held well to my skin, didn't went up much, to the point that it was just about to pinch the back of my knee when pedaling.
overall, liked it a lot! The green is beautiful.

Thanks for this, I'll need to try these out. I went up a size with YKYW hoping the leg length would be a bit better but they're still pretty short.

PLA

« Reply #340 on: February 26, 2024, 09:46:24 PM »
[url]http://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806064509030.html[\url]

Try this?

Don't see an EI pad option. Is that the right item?
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

dsveddy

« Reply #341 on: February 26, 2024, 10:05:43 PM »
The photo of the “thick silica gel pad” is a EI pad, I’m hoping it’s legit

nickobec

« Reply #342 on: February 27, 2024, 02:03:10 AM »
The photo of the “thick silica gel pad” is a EI pad, I’m hoping it’s legit
The only review on AliExpress of CGBIG skin/trisuits is one star no comment https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006244804848.html

I would wait for a few more sales and reviews

ps as a lot of the photos used in that store are not their own, ie taken from other websites or sellers, I would be suspicious about it having a EI pad
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 02:05:05 AM by nickobec »

sbellote

« Reply #343 on: February 27, 2024, 09:32:32 AM »
if they don't advertise it as an EI pad, there's no way it's legit...
supposedly, the EI pad is higher cost, manufacturers pay extra to have the brand associated with them, so why would they pay more but not take advantage of the EI name to sell more? For me it just doesn't make sense...

my logic to buying clothes from Ali is to stick to known brands and known stores, with dozens/hundreds of sales and feedback.
Otherwise, it's just risk-taking. I'm then accepting the risk that could be money lost when a product without any quality is delivered...

erickr

« Reply #344 on: February 27, 2024, 07:46:25 PM »
also a fan of these bibs from Rion https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832726343269.html