Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame  (Read 196794 times)

carbonazza

Re: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2021, 04:02:53 AM »
3. I think you will need an adapter (FM 160>140) to fit the 140mm disc

With flatmount brakes. You always have an adapter for the front, that can be in a 140mm position, or reversed for a 160mm.
Generally it comes with the brakeset.
For the rear, 140mm does not need an adapter.
And need one if you go 160mm.

Even if you are light, a 160mm front is safer if you ride fast 8)

Zdrenka89

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2021, 05:24:36 AM »
Where did you buy it?

I live in Denmark and bought from r2-bike based in Germany.
https://r2-bike.com/sram-rival-axs-road-bike-group__Groupsets

mortenma

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2021, 06:32:53 AM »
Hello again!

Received the frameset today! Look hella nice! I will add pics soon but it seems they have not included the seatpost shim bolt. Can anyone tell me what size the bolt is so i can replace it? Shouldn't be something difficult, i guess?

minisergium

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2021, 10:25:42 AM »
I live in Denmark and bought from r2-bike based in Germany.
https://r2-bike.com/sram-rival-axs-road-bike-group__Groupsets
Thanks I'll order there, too. Did you buy one of the SRAM bottom bracket options? I'm a bit lost with some parts of the bike and its compatibility...

Zoc

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2021, 02:02:50 PM »
i took sram dub Presse fit bb86 road
very easy to pressen in

Tiny_pina

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2021, 04:43:24 PM »
Looking to get this frame however I'd like to run it with mechanical disc brakes with compression-less housing. Anyone reckon I could get the internal routing done with Alligator iLink housing? And am I able to use my own bar and stem rather than the integrated one that comes with?

Zoc

« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2021, 01:38:14 AM »
the internal routing for the rear break will work with the alligator cable housing, just insert the cable befor the bottom bracket, than it's very easy and enough place

the fork definitly will not work as the normal breaking cables (Hydraulic) just fits in

handlebar and stem depends what you have, if you go for internal cable routing you need a stem with a hole to get the cables out
you need a big cover cap (hope thats the right definition in english)
if you want i can measure it up today evening

Tiny_pina

« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2021, 10:21:36 AM »
Would a Tarmac SL7 headset cover, the one with the holes for each cable, work with this frame? I know you can run non integrated bars and stems with the SL7 using that cap.

Zoc

OlieSimpson

« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2021, 09:58:21 AM »
the internal routing for the rear break will work with the alligator cable housing, just insert the cable befor the bottom bracket, than it's very easy and enough place

the fork definitly will not work as the normal breaking cables (Hydraulic) just fits in

handlebar and stem depends what you have, if you go for internal cable routing you need a stem with a hole to get the cables out
you need a big cover cap (hope thats the right definition in english)
if you want i can measure it up today evening

Hey Zoc,

I also have a few questions and see you already have a VB-R-168 if you wouldn't mind helping  :)

Does the seat post come with a rubber cover that sits over the post and frame to stop any dirt/liquid seeping in to the seat tube?

Do you know what the offset is on the seat post that is supplied or if they have the option of a 0mm offset seat post? Also on the seat post, does it come with fixings for standard 7mm x 7mm saddle rails and 7mm x 9mm oval saddle rails?

Like Tiny_pina I'm also planning on building this frame with mechanical disc brakes (105 shifters with TRP HY/RD callipers - I already use these on my current bike and will just be moving all parts over to the new frame). Can you definitely not use the internal cable routing with mechanical discs through the forks? I wonder if Velobuild would be able to increase the diameter of the hole to accommodate a larger outer cable?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 11:10:26 AM by OlieSimpson »

Jarne

« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2021, 11:49:23 AM »
Hey Zoc,

I also have a few questions and see you already have a VB-R-168 if you wouldn't mind helping  :)

Does the seat post come with a rubber cover that sits over the post and frame to stop any dirt/liquid seeping in to the seat tube?

Do you know what the offset is on the seat post that is supplied or if they have the option of a 0mm offset seat post? Also on the seat post, does it come with fixings for standard 7mm x 7mm saddle rails and 7mm x 9mm oval saddle rails?

Like Tiny_pina I'm also planning on building this frame with mechanical disc brakes (105 shifters with TRP HY/RD callipers - I already use these on my current bike and will just be moving all parts over to the new frame). Can you definitely not use the internal cable routing with mechanical discs through the forks? I wonder if Velobuild would be able to increase the diameter of the hole to accommodate a larger outer cable?

HI,
There is no cover for the seatpost, so dirt can come in there. (I only ride mine in dry weather, so for me it's not a problem).
For the offset you can look at the sl7 geometry, it's identical to the velobuild one.
I use semi hydraulic discs and the hose fits perfectly, I had really no problem to fit it.

Zoc

« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2021, 01:38:28 PM »
Hi

Yes there is no Cover included, i needed a huge amount of carbon  paste to fix the Saddle, i don‘t think there should  be a problem

As far as i know there is no Option with zero  Offset, but just send a mail to Chris, he is very supportive

I mounted a saddle with oval rails without Problems

Internal cable routing through the fork will work, but  Not with alligtor housing, just use normal ones

Tiny_pina

« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2021, 05:24:14 PM »
Is the seatpost for the VB-R-168 the same cross section dimensions as the SL7 post?

Zoc

« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2021, 08:10:55 AM »
chris answer regarding cover and seat post

Hello
Thanks for your email
I am sorry ,0 setback seat post 168 not available
The seat clamp we designed at bottom ,so we do not have rubber cover

Chris