Author Topic: Zrace RX - Does it play well with Shimano derailleurs?  (Read 4901 times)

theirishrider

Re: Zrace RX - Does it play well with Shimano derailleurs?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 07:30:52 AM »

Where did you see this?
Didn't have any issue before.
And the update few days ago, didn't bring any issue either.
I second this. IMO the thing works perfectly in the real world. :)

FHS

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 09:11:31 AM »
Browsing through various forums, testing from Dplama. Granted, I think I stopped looking at anything past late '20, I think August. Sounds like they sorted things out since then but there is only so much Googling I'm gonna do.

I'm new to this and I'm definitely not trying to throw shade on Sigeyi.

I definitely appreciate your input Irishrider, but it sounds like you're moving over to Magene. They make plenty of straight swap hardware and I'm looking forward to hering about Magene. Would love to hear more of your positive experiences carbonazza, your set-up, etc.

Honestly, I was hoping to hear more about the Zrace + Sigeyi because it's one BB change away from a straight swap, but that's a big change that may or may not be worth the powermeter upgrade no matter how well the powermeter works, but, as I said, all input is welcome!

Matt_C

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 12:49:22 PM »
While on the topic or power meters and cranks. I have been thinking of going to spider based power. Any good Chinese options for 24mm cranks? I'm running bb86 so I don't want to switch to 30mm cranks. Been trying to hunt down a skypivot crankset without any luck. It seems like rotor is the only option but fairly expensive for what it is.

FHS

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 08:39:32 AM »
While on the topic or power meters and cranks. I have been thinking of going to spider based power. Any good Chinese options for 24mm cranks? I'm running bb86 so I don't want to switch to 30mm cranks. Been trying to hunt down a skypivot crankset without any luck. It seems like rotor is the only option but fairly expensive for what it is.

https://xcadey.com/product/xpower-power-meter-crank/

Xcadey was a little slow to get back to me, but once they did, they were pretty responsive. I was able to confirm that this spider/crank combo fits a BB86 24mm spindle. They even updated the page so that you can now choose your crank length.

Matt_C

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2021, 11:26:55 AM »
Very interesting but still not much into on the crank. Any idea on the weight of that set up on Shimano chainrings? Looks beautiful.

FHS

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2021, 11:43:40 AM »
Nope, just the information they have on the page, which looks pretty new. Looks like a newish product for them.

The website does make it look really good. I'd go ahead and reach out to them with any questions you might have, I just suggest using the messenger/chat option.

1Sigma

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2021, 10:35:08 AM »
I've just read it...... pray for me ahahaha To be honest they money i paid for it, I figured that even if I don't like it, I can sell it for at most a modest loss. For sure they won't continue selling them for <300 usd IMO, so I thought it was worth the risk. I'll do a full review here when I recieve it.

Looks like the cost of these units has gone up. If it is any comfort, looks like they resolved the pedal angle and crank flex issues (also, for what it is worth they flipped the logo to the right orientation...that's like 20 watts right there!)
I imagine some of the other issues may be resolved or mitigated with firmware updates (hopefully)

Look up the reviews by Charles Ouimet and Ronald Kuba.  Also balanced and noticing some of the issues that Shane noticed.

Based on those reviews, I think it is important to consider your level of experience.  If you are like me, where you are above average but lower than amateur, the P325CS should be fine.

If you are amateur level or competitive, it may not be for you.

I bought these as well  and have them in hand, but haven't tested them out yet (kinda need the rest of the bike first, and don't want to install them on my beater)
I noticed the weight is 30g heavier than advertised.  I have the standard 53-39, which may be the reason why it is heavier.  I did get slightly shorter cranks at 170mm.  It could also just be manifacring variance.  But one can hope it is because they added a little material back to stiffen it up a bit...
Better than average - Extra Average

FHS

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2021, 04:43:09 PM »
Haha, I love Youtubers. Great stuff and super informative.

FWIW, I ended up going with a Quarq Dfour DUB. Had to fork over some funds for a DUB crankset, and ended up keeping my Shimano chainrings, but In The Know Cycling has a code that saved 10%, free shipping from a local vendor, and a delivery time that had the set-up installed and working on my bike 3 days after I ordered it. No installation, fitment, or functioning issues. Would have loved to go with a more budget friendly option, but considering everything, I think it was a wash.