Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 128327 times)

RobertRinAustin

Re: The shiney new AM831 Group Buy thread!
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2021, 02:16:38 PM »
How did you paid the frame to eddy?
PayPal

elgaucher

« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2021, 04:35:46 PM »
Hey all,

I just found out about this forum even though I’m already at two Chinese frame bought.

I just sent an email to eddy, hopefully I’m not too late this is exactly what I’m looking for to build next !

EDIT: Bought a Size Small in Raw Material from eddy via email/paypal
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 05:04:44 AM by elgaucher »

elgaucher

« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2021, 07:44:21 AM »
I just recently paid for my frame (Size S). Eddy confirmed the fork's crown does hit the frame on size S. He did not mention (and I did not ask) about this issue for the other sizes.
To solve this issue, within this thread a Reverse-components spacer or an Acros blocklock headset have been suggested. Hopefully, at least one of them works.

Sorry for 2x posting but another solution for fixing this could also be to use a 9point8 slackR bravo kit.
That’s what I’m planning to do since I want the bike to sit around 64hta

Mikey12345

« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2021, 12:41:49 PM »
Is eddy from haideli the same eddy as eddscott who started this post? I assumed it was, didn't realize they were slightly different usernames, and assumed the ones we are purchasing from eddy at haideli were being manufactured by miracle. Is this a separate production run from haideli themselves, or is eddy at haideli contracting miracle for the order? Thanks!

Gigelz

« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2021, 01:18:45 PM »
Is eddy from haideli the same eddy as eddscott who started this post? I assumed it was, didn't realize they were slightly different usernames, and assumed the ones we are purchasing from eddy at haideli were being manufactured by miracle. Is this a separate production run from haideli themselves, or is eddy at haideli contracting miracle for the order? Thanks!
don´t know who is who. but i am 99% sure it doesn´t matter where you place your order. afaik you can place an order at winowsports, miracle bikes, top-fire and haideli bikes. all of them are selling the same frame which comes from one big manufacturing company we don´t know. that are my 2 cents.

Mikey12345

« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2021, 02:13:19 PM »
don´t know who is who. but i am 99% sure it doesn´t matter where you place your order. afaik you can place an order at winowsports, miracle bikes, top-fire and haideli bikes. all of them are selling the same frame which comes from one big manufacturing company we don´t know. that are my 2 cents.

Aha! Thanks! I am so excited to receive the frame!

JTSchaeff

« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2021, 11:30:20 PM »
Can someone tell me if I'm crazy here. I like the idea about this bike and I'm considering building one up for my wife as she desperately needs a new ride.

Sizing opinion question: She's not the tallest, coming in at 5' 1". The sizes for this frame are up one from the Santa Cruz/Juliana bikes which means a Small AM 831 = a Medium SC. I'd typically go small but would one of these AM831 smalls work if built with 27.5 wheels rather than 29's?

Any advice appreciated & I realize going out and demoing some similar bikes would probably be the best way to answer this question, just wanted to get a few more opinions. 

slo

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2021, 02:33:25 AM »
Your wife is the same height as mine. I recently ordered an Ican P1 in size XS for her. It is one of the few full suspension frames I could find made in a size for people in that height range. The small in the AM831 would be really big for her, since it is like a medium meant for 5’5” and up. I don’t think the wheel size change would help much except for stand over height. If you drop the tire size to a non plus size then pedal strike might be a problem (maybe use short cranks?).

If you are considering the P1 frame, the XS frame only takes a 27.5 wheel and lists a 2.1 max tire width.

elgaucher

« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2021, 06:16:41 PM »
Your wife is the same height as mine. I recently ordered an Ican P1 in size XS for her. It is one of the few full suspension frames I could find made in a size for people in that height range. The small in the AM831 would be really big for her, since it is like a medium meant for 5’5” and up. I don’t think the wheel size change would help much except for stand over height. If you drop the tire size to a non plus size then pedal strike might be a problem (maybe use short cranks?).

If you are considering the P1 frame, the XS frame only takes a 27.5 wheel and lists a 2.1 max tire width.

+1 here for the ican p1 in xs , my fiancé is 5” and I ordered her a xs

Also to comeback on the AM831 , is anyone got update on how’s the production going ?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 01:19:25 PM by elgaucher »

Mikey12345

« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2021, 02:29:52 PM »
I emailed Eddy 8 days ago inquiring about production and received this reply, "if we got any new progress and updated, then would keep you guys informed." His initial quote was that it would be shipping end of May. I'm hoping it's not delayed by too long.

elgaucher

« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2021, 03:41:26 PM »
I emailed Eddy 8 days ago inquiring about production and received this reply, "if we got any new progress and updated, then would keep you guys informed." His initial quote was that it would be shipping end of May. I'm hoping it's not delayed by too long.

I’m not too in a rush myself since I have other bikes to ride for the season but still good to hear some progress .. it’s always sketchy sending 700$ usd and hearing nothing for weeks lol

Confused

« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2021, 09:46:21 AM »
Small update from Eddy - small and medium frames will ship first.  Frames still in production. 

I don't expect to see my L before July.

scourge

« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2021, 11:31:22 AM »
This is my first build. I have a rear shock all ready to go but is there any way to know what shock mounting hardware we will need? Or do we need to wait to get the frame to measure it all?

elgaucher

« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2021, 12:07:31 PM »
This is my first build. I have a rear shock all ready to go but is there any way to know what shock mounting hardware we will need? Or do we need to wait to get the frame to measure it all?

I have noted 8*20 / 8*30 but I can’t remember from where I got that.

Someone might want to 2x check

helldan211

« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2021, 12:45:39 PM »
Hi Everyone!  I just purchased a M last night and am stoked.  I have a question about how you guys plan on completing your build.  I see that someone above mentioned that they were going to use a 140mm fork.  The info at the beginning of the thread says that the fork travel size is 160.  Forgive me for not understanding correctly, but wouldn't you need a 160mm fork?  Or, does that mean something else?  Thanks!

Dan