Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 127094 times)

jabbajaw99

Re: The shiney new AM831 Group Buy thread!
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2021, 01:47:02 PM »
I have noted 8*20 / 8*30 but I can’t remember from where I got that.

Someone might want to 2x check
I am also interested in this. Does anyone know for sure?

elgaucher

« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2021, 02:34:26 PM »
Hi Everyone!  I just purchased a M last night and am stoked.  I have a question about how you guys plan on completing your build.  I see that someone above mentioned that they were going to use a 140mm fork.  The info at the beginning of the thread says that the fork travel size is 160.  Forgive me for not understanding correctly, but wouldn't you need a 160mm fork?  Or, does that mean something else?  Thanks!

Dan

I think anything between 140-160 would be great.

For my part , I'm moving parts from my current custom commencal clash to this frame

I'm mulleting a small size frame btw

- Manitou Mezzer pro 29er travel reduced to 160mm
 - Manitou Mara pro if it fits (please do please do) or a super deluxe in worst case scenario
 - Tairins Wheel mk2 in mullet
 - Dissector 2.4wt / Assegai 2.5wt
 - SLX 12speed drivetrains
 - Hope or TRP brakes
 - Ergon saddle
 - 150mm dropper post , oneUp or 9point8

not sure for the rest , I still have a year to think about it , not planning to ride this frame this year , also I'm getting a friend to airbrush the frame ,

Can't wait to have a build post going on !

Also about the hardware, I noted the hardware size from santa cruz hightower page, it's probably wrong

Jotegr

« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2021, 04:12:42 PM »
A mullet and a 160mm fork? Oof ow ouch my seat angle. Might be able to get around it by the nature of it being a small I suppose.

elgaucher

« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2021, 04:23:53 PM »
A mullet and a 160mm fork? Oof ow ouch my seat angle. Might be able to get around it by the nature of it being a small I suppose.

well it's kinda needed with being a full 29er built around a 150mm..

I'll mess around with it for sure since the mezzer let me change the travel internally but I feel at 150mm I'll get too many pedal strike.

my hope is that the mullet link made by cascade just fit so I can run that also. we'll see I'll guinea pig a lot I feel

sync1

« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2021, 12:22:14 PM »
I see that someone above mentioned that they were going to use a 140mm fork.  The info at the beginning of the thread says that the fork travel size is 160.  Forgive me for not understanding correctly, but wouldn't you need a 160mm fork?

SantaCruz says the minimum in their frame its 150mm, however, I will use a 140mm and a 10mm crown spacer to keep the geo.
I will use a 50mm rear shock to get about 135mm rear travel and make it a trail bike.

goped

« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2021, 02:10:53 PM »
HI Guys iam from germany, is this AM831 Carbon frame good or not many people from german forum told me to not to  buy this frame because he is not tested enough and not stable......

I wrote to a seller at alibaba.com and he said to me i can pay with paypal and the frame only without headset... costs only 540 $$

is the frame worth the money or does it break apart right away ??

GREETINGS from Germany :)
Alex

Mikey12345

« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2021, 02:54:40 PM »
HI Guys iam from germany, is this AM831 Carbon frame good or not many people from german forum told me to not to  buy this frame because he is not tested enough and not stable......

I wrote to a seller at alibaba.com and he said to me i can pay with paypal and the frame only without headset... costs only 540 $$

is the frame worth the money or does it break apart right away ??

GREETINGS from Germany :)
Alex

pretty sure at this point in time nobody knows for sure and it's kind of a gamble. time will tell.

Gigelz

« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2021, 03:23:27 PM »
pretty sure at this point in time nobody knows for sure and it's kind of a gamble. time will tell.
+1
Greetings back from germany

sync1

« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2021, 04:01:23 PM »
I'm expecting to have some hardware problems (hoping not hard to fix) but it won't break right away...

Confused

« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2021, 06:16:28 PM »
This is my first build. I have a rear shock all ready to go but is there any way to know what shock mounting hardware we will need? Or do we need to wait to get the frame to measure it all?

The best bet is to get specs when the frame ships - or the first people get their hands on them.  Plan a couple weeks after the first ones arrive to see lists of which pivot bearings and sizes should get swapped out, shock mounting sizes, and any hardware changes needed.

Snacks

« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2021, 10:59:17 AM »
Paid for a M frame from Eddy last night. Pretty excited to get this build going. Been riding an old giant nrs that was in my friends barn when he moved in.

thesalcedo

« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2021, 06:37:36 PM »
Emailed Eddy for a Size L shipping to USA
Is there a color chart? I can't seem to be able to find it

Cheers!

Snacks

« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2021, 10:33:54 AM »
Emailed Eddy for a Size L shipping to USA
Is there a color chart? I can't seem to be able to find it

Cheers!

Here you go

carbonazza

« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2021, 12:12:14 PM »
Here you go

In general they can do any color you want, as long as you provide the right Pantone or RAL reference.
Here is a sheet with Pantone ones: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UZ6UEuG95xwcYVxeFkX9yzxlZV7NgETX8P8weUrZIV4/edit?usp=sharing

Beware your screen will show a color differently than the real one.

Look for a color you like, and then search pictures with the reference on the web.
To see items painted in that color. Again this is false colors, but it gives a better idea.

And the best is to look at physical color chart in a paint shop for instance.

Then you can draw patterns, add sequins, or a metallic effect, etc. at extra cost.

Mikey12345

« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2021, 12:49:26 PM »
In general they can do any color you want, as long as you provide the right Pantone or RAL reference.
Here is a sheet with Pantone ones: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UZ6UEuG95xwcYVxeFkX9yzxlZV7NgETX8P8weUrZIV4/edit?usp=sharing

Beware your screen will show a color differently than the real one.

Look for a color you like, and then search pictures with the reference on the web.
To see items painted in that color. Again this is false colors, but it gives a better idea.

And the best is to look at physical color chart in a paint shop for instance.

Then you can draw patterns, add sequins, or a metallic effect, etc. at extra cost.

I requested a specific pantone color and was told by Eddy they could not, in fact do that. Only the 14 colors provided in the photo. I am therefore getting raw carbon and getting it painted myself.