Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 126935 times)

carbonazza

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy Thread!
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2021, 03:33:56 PM »
I ordered in June they said mid july shipping, I am afraid it is not going to happen. I will write them after 15th.
Can we recap here everybody order date and promised shipping date?

Based on my past experiences with them, Haideli is a serious company.
Just realize it is not a usual LBS, you are your own importer, and delays may happen.
Especially with the cycling market still under tension.
Add to this the cultural difference that Chinese people will prefer to avoid direct confrontation in case of trouble, making it more opaque for us than it could be.
Just relax, and wait a little more, you'll get the frames.

darius72

« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2021, 04:08:53 PM »
Good to hear positive feedback on Haideli. Moreover given the lack of components even if we'd receive the frame today it's going to take long to find the parts.
I fell in love with this frame, but after reading this forum and elsewhere if you want something that is ready, widely tested and proven of a good quality you should go with ICAN P9.
I don't like P9 geometry, not very slack and long chainstay; probably you can improve it building a mullet bike. How much our frame is better than the P9 for the amateur rider like I am I don't know, maybe it would be the same.
Ok, let's relax and wait for the frames; I'll keep you posted about what Haideli will answer me after 15th, my promised shipping date.

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2021, 08:42:46 PM »
Dear All:

Really sorry for the dealying of the shipping.
We must keep the frame in perfect quality so the production being a little long the expecting.
Now size S being done and painted, so the guys who ordered S would be first to got the frame first.
Then one by one, and we would keep you informed the picture of the painting and the shipping date also the tracking number.
Now the groupbuy price have been ended, USD699/set excluded the shipping fee is the price for the sample order.

Many thanks for your supporting and understanding.
And we are always here, so any question feel free to contact me by email, since sometimes i will missed the message on forums.

Thanks
Haideli Eddy.

elgaucher

« Reply #288 on: July 12, 2021, 09:28:23 AM »
Dear All:

Really sorry for the dealying of the shipping.
We must keep the frame in perfect quality so the production being a little long the expecting.
Now size S being done and painted, so the guys who ordered S would be first to got the frame first.
Then one by one, and we would keep you informed the picture of the painting and the shipping date also the tracking number.
Now the groupbuy price have been ended, USD699/set excluded the shipping fee is the price for the sample order.

Many thanks for your supporting and understanding.
And we are always here, so any question feel free to contact me by email, since sometimes i will missed the message on forums.

Thanks
Haideli Eddy.

Are you still targeting a july ship date for the small frame then ?

Thanks for the follow-up

fieroracer

« Reply #289 on: July 16, 2021, 03:27:20 PM »

One of the few times I'm happy to be on the shorter side of things!  ;D

scourge

« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2021, 01:53:13 PM »
Well that sucks. I ordered mine in matte orange, and I just saw the one of the new colors for this year's Hightower is matte orange. I really didn't want my bike to look like I'm trying to copy a Santa Cruz.

darius72

« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2021, 04:15:26 PM »
If your bike hasn't been produced yet I think you are still on time to change your mind. Any news from the small size guys?Frame on the way or not yet?
By coincidence I also ordered a kind of matte orange; I don't care what santa cruz does.

Jotegr

« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2021, 06:05:35 PM »
Well that sucks. I ordered mine in matte orange, and I just saw the one of the new colors for this year's Hightower is matte orange. I really didn't want my bike to look like I'm trying to copy a Santa Cruz.

you know, more than it already clearly copies the 'Cruz.

scourge

« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2021, 06:29:18 PM »
But I'm not one of those guys that are trying to make it look like a Hightower. There are people on here buying decals for their frames to make it look like they have whatever brand's top model. That's not me. It doesn't bother me if you want to do that. If you do, go for it. Whatever. But I'd rather not go that route.

I chose orange because it's my favorite color. So I'm not disappointed at all, just wish Santa Cruz chose a different color. Whatever I guess.

elgaucher

« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2021, 01:47:29 PM »
Anyone decided to email Eddy recently ?

it's been two weeks since last info

geekbox32

« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2021, 01:57:37 PM »
I emailed Eddy over the weekend.
He claimed my frame (small) was currently being painted and should be "It would be around 10-15 working days to your place." for what it's worth

elgaucher

« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2021, 05:51:06 PM »
I emailed Eddy over the weekend.
He claimed my frame (small) was currently being painted and should be "It would be around 10-15 working days to your place." for what it's worth

And here I thought that choosing to get the frame not painted would mean a faster shipping time  :-\

Oh well 2 more weeks…. Ish probably

thesalcedo

« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2021, 10:53:35 AM »
Did I see somewhere that the 2022 Hightower model was released just a few days ago? Coincidence?  ;)
The geometry still looks almost identical

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/bikes/hightower

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #298 on: August 07, 2021, 12:51:24 AM »
Hello:

Have a nice day.
Really thanks for the supporting and understanding.

The shipping would be started arranged now for the groupbuy order, so if you got the change of the address, then please contact me by email ASAP.
eddy@haidelibicycle.com

And if have any new need for the frame, also feel free to contact me at any time.

Thanks
Eddy

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2021, 12:54:29 AM »
Customized painting available,thanks.

eddy@haidelibicycle.com