Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 128594 times)

Snacks

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!
« Reply #510 on: September 09, 2021, 11:36:39 PM »
I've been trying to reply to say Eddie beat me to the punch and I've received the frame after all!  Any post with pictures doesn't seem to want to post however.

In anycase , hightower lower link does not fit. the 30mm mount on the link that could fit thr rockshox bearing eyelet is too wide to fit through the frame . Otherwise,  it seemed like an exact same match.

Edit- finally worked .
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 02:13:29 AM by Snacks »

FlaMtnBkr

« Reply #511 on: September 10, 2021, 02:53:32 AM »
Gentlemen,

I recently purchased this rear shock in preparation for the build.  I made sure it is 210x55mm rear shock.  However, I wasn't pay attention to the way the eyelids are.  They are not facing the same direction.  Is that mean i'm out of luck with this rear shock?  Is there a way it can be converted from 90 degree facing to same direction facing? 

I'm appreciated for your advice in advance. 

Best regards,

Bsam.

Let all the air pressure out and rotate the lower shaft until it's in the correct position. Just got twisted at some point and will turn back and might not need the air let out but should be easier without the pressure.

JJJ

« Reply #512 on: September 10, 2021, 03:17:01 AM »
In any case, hightower lower link does not fit. the 30mm mount on the link that could fit the rockshox bearing eyelet is too wide to fit through the frame. Otherwise,  it seemed like an exact same match.

Damn. The hightower link looks much beefier. What do these things weigh?

Snacks

« Reply #513 on: September 10, 2021, 09:57:25 AM »
Damn. The hightower link looks much beefier. What do these things weigh?

Don't know. The tideace one is definitely lighter but that's back on the frame and the SC one is in a box to be sent back.

I also got the nomad 5 chainstay protector since they didn't have the hightower one in stock. It actually fits pretty well. The last bit just doesn't go completely around the chainstay but you can't really see that unless you look under the frame and it's still very tightly attached to the bike. I wonder if the actual hightower part might actually fit better still.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 10:01:22 AM by Snacks »

jonnybearback

« Reply #514 on: September 10, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »
You can simply rotate the airshaft 90degres.
In a vice, or if you're careful, a Allen key/bar/socket through each eyelet and turn

fieroracer

« Reply #515 on: September 10, 2021, 11:42:19 AM »
Finished the build yesterday and finally got a ride on the new bike! It was awesome :) This is my first full suspension, and it is SOOOO plush, probably overkill for my Dallas area trails but appreciated nonetheless. I took it on my local trail (3 miles out, 5 mile trail, 3 miles back) and it performed flawlessly even after I stiffened up the rear suspension a bit given the moderate-easy terrain. I'll post a build list soon, but as you can see this bike can handle awesome components just fine  ;D. (And I do have blue stickers on order for the New-to-me Fox 36)

scourge

« Reply #516 on: September 10, 2021, 12:00:34 PM »
Did you go bushing or bearing in the back? What size? Any spacers needed?

fieroracer

« Reply #517 on: September 10, 2021, 12:21:05 PM »
Did you go bushing or bearing in the back? What size? Any spacers needed?

This is exactly what I bought that fit perfectly with my Fox shock.

Fox Shox Shock Mount Hardware w/ Crush Washer, M8x22.86mm - https://www.ebay.com/itm/373611432565

Fox Shox Shock Mount Hardware w/ Crush Washer, M8x30.00mm - https://www.ebay.com/itm/373426024403

elgaucher

« Reply #518 on: September 10, 2021, 04:38:50 PM »
Took the digital caliper out and measured my frame also

front mount : 30mm like everyone else
Rear mount : 22.8mm also like most people

Here's what I got for bearing but I would 2x check also as I measured them still pressed in, not planning on changing them yet

top link bearing : 10x19x5, 6800-2rs x 2
lower link bearing : 12x21x5 , 6801-2rs x 4
chainstay bearing : 15x23.75/24, 6802-2rs x 2

I also contacted Manitou to check the piggyback length of the Manitou Mara pro , I measured that we have around 130mm of clearance from front shock mount to the seat tube.

Manitou confirmed that from the top eyelet to the end of the piggyback is 100mm or 115mm depending on the shock dimension so it should fit.

I'll take the plunge as I really want to match brand with my Mezzer.

scourge

« Reply #519 on: September 10, 2021, 07:09:01 PM »
Damn. I ordered 22.2mm rear hardware thinking the 22.86mm might be too big.

BSAM

« Reply #520 on: September 10, 2021, 11:33:17 PM »
You can simply rotate the airshaft 90degres.
In a vice, or if you're careful, a Allen key/bar/socket through each eyelet and turn

Thank you for your advice Jonnybearback.

BSAM

« Reply #521 on: September 10, 2021, 11:34:20 PM »
Let all the air pressure out and rotate the lower shaft until it's in the correct position. Just got twisted at some point and will turn back and might not need the air let out but should be easier without the pressure.

Followed your advise.  Worked like a champ.   ;).  Thank you FlaMtnBkr

BSAM

« Reply #522 on: September 11, 2021, 12:28:53 AM »
This is exactly what I bought that fit perfectly with my Fox shock.

Fox Shox Shock Mount Hardware w/ Crush Washer, M8x22.86mm - https://www.ebay.com/itm/373611432565

Fox Shox Shock Mount Hardware w/ Crush Washer, M8x30.00mm - https://www.ebay.com/itm/373426024403

Congrat to your new bike.  Thank you for sharing with us Fieroracer.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 12:30:48 AM by BSAM »

der.radler

« Reply #523 on: September 12, 2021, 09:14:31 AM »
Question to all European/German buyers.
How long did it take from Eddy's tracking number mail til frame will be at my home door? Got the mail 9.9.
Service by DPD and my last CN frame (delivery by DPD) was simply dropped without notification, signature, door bell...

Did anyone get a RS Super Deluxe installed? Maybe with the RockShox Megneg Air Can? Did it fit the original link and frame tunnel? I received a new 210x55 SC Heckler version. Top 30x8 -->very nice, bottom 20x8--> new set FOX 22.86 required.

Anyone intending to do some link modding? Interested in a Cascade like modification?
Maybe Cascade can do a mod for us if there are some takers. As they CNC from an aluminum block a light modification of the original file should be possible, if not only for me.

Have a nice day.

xtinction

« Reply #524 on: September 12, 2021, 10:14:50 AM »
Question to all European/German buyers.
How long did it take from Eddy's tracking number mail til frame will be at my home door? Got the mail 9.9.
Service by DPD and my last CN frame (delivery by DPD) was simply dropped without notification, signature, door bell...

Did anyone get a RS Super Deluxe installed? Maybe with the RockShox Megneg Air Can? Did it fit the original link and frame tunnel? I received a new 210x55 SC Heckler version. Top 30x8 -->very nice, bottom 20x8--> new set FOX 22.86 required.

Anyone intending to do some link modding? Interested in a Cascade like modification?
Maybe Cascade can do a mod for us if there are some takers. As they CNC from an aluminum block a light modification of the original file should be possible, if not only for me.

Have a nice day.

fantastic man i bought the same shock but gotta use a ship forwarder as rockshox doesnt ship to my country .
as for the cascade link i doubt they will entertain us as it would require some change of code for the cnc machine and i dont think we have a large enough number enough for them to entertain us.