Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 128515 times)

hagerd

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!
« Reply #1005 on: December 08, 2021, 05:07:19 PM »
That would be cool, just leaves the option for a spacer there if needed (hopefully not).

JJJ

« Reply #1006 on: December 09, 2021, 02:08:37 AM »
That would be cool, just leaves the option for a spacer there if needed (hopefully not).

The spacer would be better, but hard to implement if L varies too much. Ideally, we'd have to provide a set of spacers of widths varying by 0.1mm steps around 3mm.

darius72

« Reply #1007 on: December 09, 2021, 03:35:55 PM »
I've ordered a pair of bolts just in case; JJJ your explanation is perfect; My only doubt is the aesthetic result after the upgrade, won't it look like too bulky?

Maffly

« Reply #1008 on: December 09, 2021, 04:39:34 PM »
It’s gonna stick out a little but not too bad. Honestly at this point does it matter much what it looks like?  Bearings are like 4mm thick.  Recess in carbon like 2mm. Probably sticking out 4 mm at most with bolts. A solid fix would be amazing.

« Reply #1009 on: December 09, 2021, 07:33:24 PM »
I just got my frame and then found out about this issue after. I have to say I'm really unhappy about it given that I ordered my frame on black Friday, which is long after they were aware that there was a problem. So instead of telling me I would have to wait for the new mold before it would ship, they knowingly shipped me a defective product that they had in stock. I purchased directly through Haideli so I'm going to contact them and see if they will ship me the revised parts.

I did add myself to the spreadsheet just in case, though. My measurement using my crappy caliper between where the two  bearings would be was between 3.2-3.3 depending on where I measured.

JJJ

« Reply #1010 on: December 10, 2021, 02:12:45 AM »
I did add myself to the spreadsheet just in case, though. My measurement using my crappy caliper between where the two  bearings would be was between 3.2-3.3 depending on where I measured.

That is the L dimension. The W "between the bearings" is shown on the drawings - I meant that you should measure between the outer faces of the two bearings and not between a bearing on one side and the face of the carbon link on the other.

Anyway, this variable doesn't matter with version 2 of the bolt (the one shown).

Can those of you interested start PM-ing me with your contact information? I'll create a separate mailing list.

JJJ

« Reply #1011 on: December 10, 2021, 06:17:36 PM »
Can those of you interested start PM-ing me with your contact information? I'll create a separate mailing list.

By "contact information" I also meant your name and address, for shipping.

The batch is due end January. I have provided my PayPal email in the spreadsheet and ask for a 10 EUR down payment to confirm the batch. I guess I will then see your name and address in the PayPal transaction to keep in touch.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 06:49:29 PM by JJJ »

Stef Biggel

« Reply #1012 on: December 11, 2021, 01:16:35 AM »
Hy guys,
I’ve ordered also an am831 frame 2 weeks ago. It will not be shipped till yet. Yesterday I had contact to eddy and somebody from Ali-manufacturing costumer service.

Eddy will be optimistic of a fast solution and the costumer service say the problem is solved. So i’am expected I get an improved triangle or not. To be on a save side I had ordered the Bolts from JJJ also.

Thanks to all the fuzzy guys here, finding such well solutions.

Best regards
Stef
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 01:18:23 AM by Stef Biggel »

JJJ

« Reply #1013 on: December 11, 2021, 03:07:14 AM »
The batch is due end January. I have provided my PayPal email in the spreadsheet and ask for a 10 EUR down payment to confirm the batch. I guess I will then see your name and address in the PayPal transaction to keep in touch.

Apparently PayPal doesn't provide the contact information, so I still need those interested to provide their information. You can now use my email address in the spread sheet. I've also put a column in there to follow the down payments.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VllNnFhMycufNw3H4toELJPXWNQe-djAg7zDEYvuD0o/edit?usp=sharing

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #1014 on: December 11, 2021, 04:20:39 AM »
Dear All:

Have a nice day.
Finally we got the solution of the flexing of the frame FS-AM831.
The upgrated of the new mold of triangle, if you need it, contact us.

Eddy@haidelibicycle.com

We also found that JJJ have the idea of the bolts to solve the problem, really thanks for his help and effort.
But that's would not be our solution and cannot ensure it would be works.

Thanks for all the supporting and understanding.
Feel free to contact me via email.

All the new order would be use the new mold.

Eddy@haidelibicycle.com

Best regards
Eddy

JJJ

« Reply #1015 on: December 11, 2021, 05:02:47 AM »
Dear All:

Have a nice day.
Finally we got the solution of the flexing of the frame FS-AM831.
The upgrated of the new mold of triangle, if you need it, contact us.

Eddy@haidelibicycle.com

We also found that JJJ have the idea of the bolts to solve the problem, really thanks for his help and effort.
But that's would not be our solution and cannot ensure it would be works.

Thanks for all the supporting and understanding.
Feel free to contact me via email.

All the new order would be use the new mold.

Ah, the carbon eyelets with two bearings - similar to my fix  ;D

A lower link with through-axle. Better. Yet the link still has a cutout between the eyelets. Can do better without the cutout.

So what is the upgrade policy for the purchasers of the first version?

deucelee

« Reply #1016 on: December 11, 2021, 06:03:18 AM »
Ah, the carbon eyelets with two bearings - similar to my fix  ;D

A lower link with through-axle. Better. Yet the link still has a cutout between the eyelets. Can do better without the cutout.

So what is the upgrade policy for the purchasers of the first version?

Yes, honestly I'd rather have this new mold instead of a aftermarket fix for it.  I pm'ed Eddy but might as well make it be known for everyone else too.  Thanks all.

cybrsrce

« Reply #1017 on: December 11, 2021, 06:43:04 AM »
It will probably take at least 6 months before getting any updated parts out the door so I definitely still want the €30 interim fix (and you all should as well).  It doesn't fix the lateral flex of the seatstays like the new triangle but it will give us a more plush/compliant ride while maintaining a good connection to the upper link.  After some work I would say mine is pretty tight but that also means it restricts movement being bolt on carbon, having a hell of a time tuning the rear suspension for this frame.

Stef Biggel

« Reply #1018 on: December 11, 2021, 07:22:29 AM »
Cybrsrce: This is my opinion too.
May there is a big solution from Haideli-bike. But for serurance i will have a interrimsolution for less then 30€ and it will only work when enough people stay together and give JJJ a leg up.

He did a lot of work, and it's not fair to let him down. Just my2cents.

Best regards

Maffly

« Reply #1019 on: December 11, 2021, 09:53:34 AM »
For sure still going to get the bolts from JJJ too. No way we should leave him hanging with the bill after all the work. Honestly at this point, I really want to see how well it works just because I have been so invested in this problem!