Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 128464 times)

cybrsrce

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!
« Reply #1140 on: January 05, 2022, 02:30:39 PM »
That's not my frame but it is the first one locally, afaik. Usually when someone buys chinese frame some issues are expected, though there are quite a few different chinese XC frames around and I've never heard of so many issues with them as with 831.
We have a good mechanic who works with all kinds of stuff and this frame should be going directly to him for fixes and improvements. It would be interesting to hear what he thinks and how the build is going to go in general.

As for me, I'm waiting for more info on fs830, hope Eddy will come up with answers and photos.

Pure conjecture - the 830 rear triangle does not have a support between the seat stays and is going to flex as bad, maybe worse, than the 831 for heavier and hard pushing riders.  You can make the connections tight with washers or shims, make them move better with additional bearings, but roll on that axis is going to happen. Look at the FM1001/FM1002 for a design that shouldn't have excessive flex.

Snacks

« Reply #1141 on: January 05, 2022, 02:54:32 PM »
It's actually mind boggling how people could still want frames from heideli after everything that's happened and eddies blatant lies to sell more problematic frames. He's on this site everyday around 6pm pst, like clockwork. He sees the questions but clearly is avoiding them as he does with emails he doesn't want to answer. offer to buy something from the site and see how quickly he responds to that.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, read through this thread and the link below.

https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3539.15.html

Edit- I'm still all for removing him from this forum.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 02:56:11 PM by Snacks »

Stef Biggel

« Reply #1142 on: January 06, 2022, 02:51:11 AM »
Pure conjecture - the 830 rear triangle does not have a support between the seat stays and is going to flex as bad, maybe worse, than the 831 for heavier and hard pushing riders.

I‘m nearly sure that pivot also didn’t implemented a support between the seat stays on the first firebird 29  and this frame was tested as a slightly to stiff one. So i guess it don‘t depends on this support bridge.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 04:32:56 AM by Stef Biggel »

JJJ

« Reply #1143 on: January 06, 2022, 06:32:46 AM »
Pure conjecture - the 830 rear triangle does not have a support between the seat stays and is going to flex as bad, maybe worse, than the 831 for heavier and hard pushing riders.  You can make the connections tight with washers or shims, make them move better with additional bearings, but roll on that axis is going to happen. Look at the FM1001/FM1002 for a design that shouldn't have excessive flex.

In the 830, there is a solid connection between the vertical stays at the lower link level, like in the Pivot Firebird. This connection is higher than in the 831, which probably makes the triangle stiffer. Hey, the 830 is an Enduro, while the 831 is an AM.

emu26

« Reply #1144 on: January 06, 2022, 04:17:09 PM »

Edit- I'm still all for removing him from this forum.

Whilst I completely understand this sentiment, it probably wouldn't do much to help the numerous other members of this forum that are trying to get Haideli to step up and do the right thing.

Snacks

« Reply #1145 on: January 06, 2022, 05:43:47 PM »
Whilst I completely understand this sentiment, it probably wouldn't do much to help the numerous other members of this forum that are trying to get Haideli to step up and do the right thing.

Yea I hear ya, that makes sense. I truely hope he does/they do.

I was just thinking if he's willing to lie to sell a couple extra frames , how can we trust what he says from this point forward .

Stef Biggel

« Reply #1146 on: January 07, 2022, 12:51:03 AM »
Yea I hear ya, that makes sense. I truely hope he does/they do.

I was just thinking if he's willing to lie to sell a couple extra frames , how can we trust what he says from this point forward .

In my case, there wasn‘t a idea of Eddy selling me fast a frame and beyond him the hell. I asked him directly the triangle will be fixed or not. He told me that the producing of improved triangle will took minimum jan 17th. They stopped my deliv. till this date. Now i’m changing the frame Model and this also wasn’t a problem. How it was worth i will see in a few days hopefully. In my case i can not see any bad methods.

Otherwise, if i understand right, cybrsrce rides the frame intensive with only a Teflonshrim fixing. If you want a „no worrys frame“ maybe it’s better to order a SC Hightower frame, isn‘t it?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 03:43:36 AM by Stef Biggel »

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #1147 on: January 07, 2022, 01:54:11 AM »
In my case, there wasn‘t a idea of Eddy selling fast a frame and beyond him the hell. I ask him directly the triangle will be fixed or not. He told me that the producing of improved triangle will take minimum jan 17th. They stopped my deliv. till this date. Now i’m changing the frame Model and this also wasn’t a problem. How it was worth i will see in a few days hopefully. In my case i can not see any bad methods.

Otherwise, if i understand right, cybrsrce rides the frame intensive with only a Teflonshrim fixing. If you want a „no worrys frame“ maybe it’s better to order a SC Hightower frame, isn‘t it?

Did you switch to an 830?

Stef Biggel

« Reply #1148 on: January 07, 2022, 02:18:38 AM »
Did you switch to an 830?

Yes i did, the delivery passes Import clearance two days ago, so hopefully i will get it soon.

emu26

« Reply #1149 on: January 07, 2022, 05:26:40 AM »
Yes i did, the delivery passes Import clearance two days ago, so hopefully i will get it soon.

Please make sure you keep an eye on / update the 830 thread. There are a number of guys asking Eddie questions on there that he just isn't answering. With bare frame in hand you might be able to provide photos or answers to their questions.

Stef Biggel

« Reply #1150 on: January 07, 2022, 05:58:03 AM »
Please make sure you keep an eye on / update the 830 thread. There are a number of guys asking Eddie questions on there that he just isn't answering. With bare frame in hand you might be able to provide photos or answers to their questions.

I‘ll open a thread when the frame is delivered and you can ask the questions. I will answer as well as possible for me.

Unfortunately i‘m away for business nxt week. So please don’t be in hurry for that.

Snacks

« Reply #1151 on: January 07, 2022, 08:25:53 AM »
In my case, there wasn‘t a idea of Eddy selling me fast a frame and beyond him the hell. I asked him directly the triangle will be fixed or not. He told me that the producing of improved triangle will took minimum jan 17th. They stopped my deliv. till this date. Now i’m changing the frame Model and this also wasn’t a problem. How it was worth i will see in a few days hopefully. In my case i can not see any bad methods.

Yea you got lucky but if you read the thread there have been more than a couple people who did purchase their frame after he stated it was already fixed snd yet they received the same thing the rest of us did.

No, it's not necessary to go to SC and buy a $3500 frame. There are other companies that are selling "no worrys frame" straight from China. Heideli is just not one of them.

JJJ

« Reply #1152 on: January 07, 2022, 09:02:09 AM »
No, it's not necessary to go to SC and buy a $3500 frame. There are other companies that are selling "no worrys frame" straight from China. Heideli is just not one of them.

Haideli is not to take the blame alone - several retailers are using the same "open mold" and all those retailers have the issue to deal with. I bought mine from Winow Cycles, same problem. So it's the provider of the "open mold" that should take the blame.

cybrsrce

« Reply #1153 on: January 07, 2022, 09:07:36 AM »
Haideli is not to take the blame alone - several retailers are using the same "open mold" and all those retailers have the issue to deal with. I bought mine from Winow Cycles, same problem. So it's the provider of the "open mold" that should take the blame.

We may even be able to thank Eddy for taking our feedback to the frame/mold designer to redesign the rear triangle.  I don't know who else would have given them that input.

amers

« Reply #1154 on: January 07, 2022, 09:42:52 AM »
i just got one frame of fisrt revision from ali

video with play between lower rocker and fromt triangle was filmed by me

i made detailed photos of frame (in Ukrainian. but google translate may handle it)

i would not upload photos here as i have to log into this forum via vpn (and incognito mode), cause my isp ip is banned here

link to catalog with just plain photos
link to article

from my poi there are 2 problems with this frame

bearing size
price

everything else will be fixed (we are lucky to have super mechanic, thaw will just made needed upgrades)