Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 128477 times)

sips56

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!
« Reply #1155 on: January 07, 2022, 09:48:33 AM »
We may even be able to thank Eddy for taking our feedback to the frame/mold designer to redesign the rear triangle.  I don't know who else would have given them that input.

Eddy was the most aggressive marketer so not surprised he is dealing with the most customer complaints. 

Snacks

« Reply #1156 on: January 07, 2022, 02:33:48 PM »
Haideli is not to take the blame alone - several retailers are using the same "open mold" and all those retailers have the issue to deal with. I bought mine from Winow Cycles, same problem. So it's the provider of the "open mold" that should take the blame.

I'm not blaming heideli for the frame. I'm blaming them for the way they've handling the situation and for lying about the frame being fixed before it actually had been. I can only blame them since that's who I've purchased from and what I experienced.

If you want to share your experience with winow since it seems they've done the same thing, then please go ahead. I already dont trust tantan/winow/seraph because they have provided fake tracking numbers to me in the past (amongst other things) rather than being open and honest about their delays. Which I would completely understand and accept had then been forthright.

darius72

« Reply #1157 on: January 13, 2022, 07:56:01 AM »
While waiting spring and JJJ holy fix, I can show you my frame protector made with aliexpress orange kydex and sticked with biadhesive tape. I am still wondering if it is the case to drill a drain hole at the bottom or not.

Confused

« Reply #1158 on: January 18, 2022, 01:07:07 PM »
Good look on the Kydex.  I made mine a bit wider and wrapper it around the edges of the down tube.  I also did a small drain hole after hearing of someone with black mold in their tubes (not this frame).

scourge

« Reply #1160 on: January 20, 2022, 02:07:30 AM »
That doesn't look like a VPP frame to me. It doesn't have counter-rotating links.

oldtimermaher

« Reply #1161 on: January 20, 2022, 11:00:57 PM »
Fair Warning.  Ive had my share of liars and cheats in my dealings domestically and overseas.  But I have never experienced a more deceitful dealing than with Eddy and haidelibicycle.  I placed an order for an 831 frame early December.  But after reading all the negative reviews I quickly switched to the 830 frame.  I was assured the size I needed was in stock and the frame will be painted shortly.  After nearly 7 weeks of stalling (frame is being painted .....) I threatened to dispute the payment with paypal unless I received a shipment tracking for my address.  All of a sudden, someone made a mistake and only a black frame was available in my size.  I repeatedly asked to cancel the order and be refunded.  "Oh since you waited, we will send you a gift..." bull$it.   Finally, said in no uncertain terms, I was done with haidelibicycle and no longer want anything to do with them.  Eddy said refund was on the way.  Guess what no such refund or any acknowledgment.  I did file a dispute with paypal and provided the 10 pages of correspondence with Eddy (or whatever is his real name).  I dont know what will become of my payment.  Disregard this warning at you own expense.

QuentinLL

« Reply #1162 on: January 24, 2022, 03:47:33 AM »
This is bad :-(

14 month ago, i ordered a carbonda frame (FM936), then i changed my mind and switched to another (FM1001) then i changed my mind again (for a custom titanium softail) and canceled the order (yes I am the worst client ever). Carbonda accepted to refund me 100%.

Now, I know that I can trust them and would be 100% confident in buying them a frame in the future.
So bad Heideli is not as reliable as some others. They focus on short term profitability...

cybrsrce

« Reply #1164 on: January 25, 2022, 04:13:57 PM »
To my surprise the updated version of the rear triangle showed up today.  I did not expect that for a few more months.

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #1165 on: January 25, 2022, 04:19:15 PM »
To my surprise the updated version of the rear triangle showed up today.  I did not expect that for a few more months.

Definitely interested to hear how it compares to the original for you.

Bajker

« Reply #1166 on: January 25, 2022, 04:58:21 PM »
This is bad :-(

14 month ago, i ordered a carbonda frame (FM936), then i changed my mind and switched to another (FM1001) then i changed my mind again (for a custom titanium softail) and canceled the order (yes I am the worst client ever). Carbonda accepted to refund me 100%.

Now, I know that I can trust them and would be 100% confident in buying them a frame in the future.
So bad Heideli is not as reliable as some others. They focus on short term profitability...

Lightcarbon and Carbonda are the ones I entrust for my carbon frame needs. Dengfu seems to be alright too.

emu26

« Reply #1167 on: January 25, 2022, 05:44:29 PM »

Free replacement or paid?

cybrsrce

« Reply #1168 on: January 25, 2022, 06:01:59 PM »
Free replacement or paid?

Paid.  $270USD painted (I chose the wrong color) and shipped.

emu26

« Reply #1169 on: January 25, 2022, 06:12:52 PM »
Paid.  $270USD painted (I chose the wrong color) and shipped.

Was the frame originally painted and you told them the wrong one for the replacement or where you trying for something different and got the wrong one?