Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 128392 times)

Jal

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!
« Reply #1245 on: March 31, 2022, 09:42:06 PM »
   Was nothing.
   I think your problem may be similar to the one shown in this video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ycd_FM7ztgM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe you've already seen it... but here's a video and an article with photos about the frame where you can see some details:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uVw6SkikQmY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://alibuy.biz/2022/01/03/fm-fs831/

In the video I think they speak in Russian, and you may have no idea what they say, like me... but the article, which is in Ukrainian, you can translate it with your computer/smartphone.

I have my frame completely disassembled and still unpainted, I have stopped the project to wait for the JJJ screws (thank you by the way JJJ!, they are very good) or the new rear triangle, which I have decided to order and have also received a few days ago; if you or someone else wants a detailed photo of a specific piece, I can do it.

I'm a bit busy right now, but I hope to take it to paint soon and finally assemble everything. Greetings.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 10:30:33 PM by Jal »

colboy

« Reply #1246 on: April 01, 2022, 06:37:24 AM »
found this on facebook, I have always thought this brand design their own frames.

BIGOIL

« Reply #1247 on: April 01, 2022, 01:09:54 PM »
If anyone finds themselves with an extra set of JJJ bolts and are looking to get rid of them let me know, i could use a set. :)

megabeusch

« Reply #1248 on: April 08, 2022, 06:30:25 AM »
Hello!
I finally finished building my 931 frame!
(Homemade color. I wouldn't do it again!)
This is the initial version of the rear triangle. The bearings are crimped in force. I have hope that the rigidity is given after a few kilometers.
The grommets supplied by Top-fire are not effective.
What do you use?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NyLFK5z9ek4sCv6EA

scourge

« Reply #1249 on: April 11, 2022, 12:35:25 AM »
So I finally got around to chasing my creaking sound today.

When I took the rear wheel off, I noticed the bolts on the rear linkage didn't look right. I'm talking about the very bottom ones closest to the rear axle. It looked like there was a tiny gap at the bolt on the drive side. With the rear wheel off, I could see it moving a bit when moving the rear triangle. I couldn't see that movement with the wheel on. I gotta say it was a pain finding an Allen key to fit in that little gap to adjust it. After three trips to the hardware store I got one that worked, but I think it's not the right size still (probably need a metric sized key). When I finally got an Allen key that worked, it was definitely loose. Really loose. Even the non-drive side was a bit loose. I tightened both as best I could with an Allen key that almost fit. I was pretty pumped to try it. Put the rear wheel back on and gave it a shot....the creaking was still there. Sonuva!

So I started looking at other things that could be loose. I figured I'd try the other pivot of the lower linkage. Not the one I just did, and not the one where the shock connects, but the one by the bottom bracket. When I found the right size key...son of a bitch it's a bit loose too. I tightened it and gave it a ride....silence! No creaking! I even it took it to a rocky area with some short steep uphills. No creaking. Perfectly quiet. I'll give it a real test on a full trail when I can (it's supposed to rain tomorrow), but I am so happy now. I was thinking I could have a crack somewhere in the carbon. I was wondering if I was going to have to buy the new rear triangle. I'm super pumped about the bike again. Between no creaking and JJJ's fix, I can't wait to ride this thing now.

Some of you guys were dead on with your assessments on what was causing the creaking.  Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction.

One question, anyone know what torque settings this pivot should be adjusted to? I had my wrench set to 12 or 14, and I think I went a bit tighter than that. What should it be? Thanks again guys.

colboy

« Reply #1250 on: April 15, 2022, 12:51:49 PM »
Finally done with my build, it's Tantan's FM831, thanks for the guidance everyone!

Jal

« Reply #1251 on: April 15, 2022, 05:05:57 PM »
   Beautiful machines you have, men!

Scourge: I'm so glad you found the problem and it was so easy and cheap to fix! I don't know what to tell you about the torque settings of that pivot, sorry.

If you see that some screws are loosening with the use of the bike, it occurs to me that maybe you can put a little threadlocker on the threads; But be careful! If you do, use the low strength type, and be very careful to add very very little, just a droplet. If you don't do this you may break the threads or screw heads when you try to remove them or it may be impossible to remove them.

Anyway I'm not sure if it's convenient or not to use the treadlocker in this case... maybe I'm giving bad advice, especially considering that the quality of the aluminum and the threads may not be NASA approved... Better consult a good bike mechanic who has experience on this, I don't want to be responsible for your beautiful bike being damaged :'(
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 05:46:27 PM by Jal »

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #1252 on: April 19, 2022, 01:14:17 AM »
Thanks again for all the supporting of our members on this forum.

Now the updated new triangle being sold a long time and no customer reflected any problem or question.

So anyone still interested the mold FS-AM831, feel free to contact us for the groupbuy C order.

Thanks
Eddy@haidelibicycle.com

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #1253 on: April 27, 2022, 01:46:02 AM »
Black matte

Thrill21

« Reply #1254 on: May 10, 2022, 08:39:53 AM »
I could be way off here but looking at how much your wheel still moves in that rear triangle and the fact that sounds to me more like something under tension rubbing against cf I would be looking really closely at the dropouts to make sure everything is tight and also aligned where it should be.  As I said, I could be way off and just going by experience with similar sounds on other bikes.

Stupid question, did you upgrade your bolts to JJJ's revised ones?

emu26

« Reply #1255 on: May 11, 2022, 01:14:57 AM »
Stupid question, did you upgrade your bolts to JJJ's revised ones?

Thrill, I think you have quoted the wrong comment. Thankfully I got impatient waiting and I didn't buy one of these frames as I got something else earlier.

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #1256 on: May 20, 2022, 09:05:02 PM »
FS-AM831 frame with Tideace Decals Feedback.

Remedy 7

« Reply #1257 on: September 10, 2022, 08:07:19 PM »
Finally done with my build, it's Tantan's FM831, thanks for the guidance everyone!

Can I dm you some questions?

colboy

« Reply #1258 on: September 12, 2022, 12:34:15 AM »

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #1259 on: September 16, 2022, 03:11:48 AM »
Can I dm you some questions?

Any question, feel free to contact us.

Eddy@haidelibicycle.com

Thanks