Author Topic: New here, but not new to china bikes... But looking for some additional info  (Read 1152 times)

mrdawson

Have built up a couple bikes
Tantan /Seraph FM 686 and Farsports 50mm tubeless wheels, Ultegra Di2.   Over 20,000km on that bike with zero issues.  Until crashed badly after hitting some negligent assholes dog running into the road.
Also have a Tantan / Seraph GR 029 again with farsports wheels for a gravel bike.  Also great.

Anyhow, wondering if anyone has any info on the Trifox x16 frame / delihea climb frame.  Don't seem to see much info on these, but they seem like what I'm looking for.  Bit more tire clearance than my previous FM686 but still rim brake so I could just move all my components / wheels over.

Any info appreciated.  Even without info I may just go ahead so I can pass along the info to anyone else interested.

Thanks!

carbonazza

They were a bit spammy on this forum and a bit more expensive.
Just yesterday, the sulfureux Hambini received one, and did a very nice review of their aero disc bike.
Telling it was very well made.
Well... like many frames we discuss here.
It is funny seeing people discovering what we know for years  8)

mrdawson

Ha, yes.  I saw that like less than 24 hrs after I posted Hambini had a look.  Good to see things confirmed.  Will be interesting to see part two of his review.
--I did reach out directly to both Delihea and Trifox.  Delihea responded first, so that is what I have ordered... Although Trifox does seem to be more established (better website, etc etc.  Will keep updated.  They did want to dick me around a bit when I asked for a matte black frame, BSA, rim brake, NO LOGOs.  I did tell them I plan to review the bike, show unboxing, build quality, customer service, etc.  They wanted me to have logos on the frame and offered me one free...  I declined this.  Paying my own cash, no logos, will be reviewing.  Take it or leave it.  They have gone ahead with the order.

carbonazza

They are one of the newcomer, at least here, with a shiny website. In a sense they are right.
Most folks feel better buying a brand. Think Yoeleo or Winspace.
They can sell it at higher price, and the customers feel they get more value, making everyone happy.
You'll end up with a logo  ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 12:32:57 AM by carbonazza »

mrdawson

Quite possibly, but hopefully not.