Author Topic: Bikefrog?  (Read 1216 times)

jonnybearback

Bikefrog?
« on: March 25, 2021, 11:08:30 PM »
So, whats this then?

I'm trying to figure out the right Chinese frame for my kid. Small, 420-430 reach, 150-170mm travel...and I like the look of this!

scourge

Re: Bikefrog?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 06:34:17 AM »
Looks good, but it says they won't sell to individuals.

jonnybearback

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 12:19:22 PM »
All I can find on bikefrog is a .ch (swiss) company. ICTM AG
These frames aren't on their website and their facebook pages most recent post was 2014.
On display in 2019, and catalogue produced 2017 ?

What happens with these concepts? Rely on trade shows and look to the likes of Evolve bikes and similar small startups like this to hope they order a bunch of catalogue items so they can open a mold?

https://www.mimon.ch/bikefrog

emu26

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 02:17:47 PM »
Not an ideal design unless you have a remote shock, even then not the best if you are someone that likes to adjust rebound during your ride to suite varying trail conditions.

jonnybearback

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 09:53:17 PM »
Me being a suspension numpty, can you give me a bit more info about what you've said?

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 10:08:27 PM »
Me being a suspension numpty, can you give me a bit more info about what you've said?
Gotta be able to flip the switch on your shock from open to firm to closed, preferably via remote, or do the occasional rebound or compression adjustment on the fly. It's mostly a European thing.

Without a remote, it will be challenging to adjust the suspension because of the location.

brex

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 10:22:54 PM »
I'd be more concerned with the fact the shock will be sitting in whatever crap you ride through - mud, dirt, sand, water and never get cleaned. The way it mounts alone would be a nope for me, let alone the horst link and massive upper linkage. Just a big nope.

Chewy

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 10:58:50 PM »
Looks just like my scott genius.
Doesn't need a remote shock. Don't need to adjust rebound. Doesn't fill up with crap.

FlaMtnBkr

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 04:03:00 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen both designs before on aliexpress. I'll try to find them if someone hasn't done so in 12ish hours...

jonnybearback

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 11:04:17 PM »
If your aliexpress ninja skills a re up to it, have at it.

Gotta be able to flip the switch on your shock from open to firm to closed, preferably via remote, or do the occasional rebound or compression adjustment on the fly. It's mostly a European thing.

I was more asking if this was a concern specific to the suspension design. I've ridden Scott since 2005 so I'm all about a levers.. but are you suggesting its a requirement to have this from a kinematics perspective on this design?
And yep, neither my Spark, Genius or Ransom suffer from the shock location/lower trunion mount so that's not a concern for me.

the horst link and massive upper linkage
this is more what I'm interested.. what issues this creates?
Is it like having different interpretations of the DW link (dual link).. too long somewhere and its all messed up?
Cheers