Author Topic: Is obmbicycle.com a scam?  (Read 1456 times)

david

Is obmbicycle.com a scam?
« on: March 31, 2021, 08:39:25 AM »
I just purchased a wheelset for $800 from https://www.obmbicycle.com/700c-road-bike-carbon-disc-wheel-clincher-no-brake-surface-cycling-700c-carbon-fiber-aero-spoke-28-inch-road-bicycle-disc-rims-p3031635.html

Was wondering if anyone has bought from this store before? I only spoke with them on WhatsApp and they just changed their number on me without telling me.... Kinda fishy if you ask me?

carbonazza

Re: Is obmbicycle.com a scam?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 08:48:12 AM »
People are honest in general.
And the website seems legit at first sight.
Just be patient, and worry only if it gets definitely bad.

Thank you for trying a new provider not already discussed here  ;)
If you wanted more peace of mind, there are dozens of reliable providers discussed all over this forum.

svanimpe

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 10:24:43 AM »
Their front page shows a wheel with a Roval decal on it. That's a red flag for me :-\
Either they just plucked some images off the internet, or they're counterfeitting.

david

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 10:28:52 AM »
Yes, they offered "decals like roval" I opted for none and just the wheels... Wondering if I should call the bank and cancel the payment. I reached out to someone on Facebook that showed me screenshots of an order he placed and how it was removed a month later. Said they are a total scam. However, I found a thread on here that looks like people were purchasing from them with no problems just long weight times.

http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3009.0.html

Hopefully, someone from that thread will message me.

paracord

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 12:55:17 AM »
Their front page shows a wheel with a Roval decal on it. That's a red flag for me :-\
Either they just plucked some images off the internet, or they're counterfeitting.

Don´t worry about the Roval decal. I have a nice wheels. Not from obmbicycle though, they come from sun-bike store.

Regarding obmbicycle
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3354.0.html

Nickk2000

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 10:35:02 AM »
I dont think by putting on a roval decal theyre “counterfeiting” as how we see them. Even farsports if paid enough or if they didnt care about getting shut down (where our fear comes from) theyd slap a logo of our choice on. Much like open mold retailers, if we ask for a decal theyll do it to a certain extent.

shenlong1337

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 08:22:20 AM »
So I got my frame from OBMbicycle, but the color is wrong :(

The black color is supposed to be matte black, but it is gloss. I keep getting the reply of the merchant "I will contact the factory tomorrow again". Not sure if anyone experienced these same issues.

Irideslowly

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 10:43:16 AM »
Post more pictures.

paracord

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 03:06:30 PM »
No they are real  :)

carbonazza

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2021, 04:27:30 AM »
No they are real  :)