Author Topic: Heavy Hitter Division (XL Frame, Riding style untamed)  (Read 583 times)

blanshard16

Heavy Hitter Division (XL Frame, Riding style untamed)
« on: May 05, 2021, 10:14:05 PM »
Hi all, new to Chinertown and forums in general so pardon the lack of experience, aptitude, and overall decency. I live and ride in Squamish, BC, my rider weight is about 225, 6'3 tall, XL frames are finally beginning to fit Yetis like me, and I've broken 3 Marin Trail/Enduro frames: 2 carbon, 1 aluminum. I've also had the pleasure of snapping SRAM carbon cranks and demolishing a fair few wheels, plastic and metal alike. My perfect trail includes slabs into huge compressions, doubling through root gardens, and steep technical rock gardens that promote bad line selection. 

...All of this brings me to my question: Will hard-hitting, heavy riders like me destroy a Chinese Carbon frame sooner than any other bike?

I'm looking at the AM831 and the LightCarbon LCFS947 for a build.

Thanks for your time and passion

FlaMtnBkr

Re: Heavy Hitter Division (XL Frame, Riding style untamed)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 02:51:55 AM »
You might break anything with enough time? Hard to answer. But some of these companies might add an extra layer of cloth if you explain your situation and let them know strength is a priority over weight. Though this is a guess, many are willing to make changes if you ask and pay a little more....

blanshard16

Re: Heavy Hitter Division (XL Frame, Riding style untamed)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 09:38:53 AM »
That's very good to know. Thanks.