Author Topic: Recommendations for a carbon saddle?  (Read 16222 times)

hazzer19

Re: Recommendations for a carbon saddle?
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2022, 03:48:44 PM »
Anyone else having issues with bibs getting scuffed with the bare carbon models with cut outs? My EC90s both seem have scuffed a few of my bibs (this is prior to them both cracking and tearing up bibs of course!). Looking for a replacement in the <100g range

1Sigma

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2022, 07:42:23 PM »
Anyone else having issues with bibs getting scuffed with the bare carbon models with cut outs? My EC90s both seem have scuffed a few of my bibs (this is prior to them both cracking and tearing up bibs of course!). Looking for a replacement in the <100g range

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPxQcO8

So far so good with this one. Sub-90g. No sharp edges. no cracks.
I wish it were a bit narrower, but it doesn’t bother me now.
About 1,500km on it so far

Better than average - Extra Average

Irideslowly

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2022, 08:17:54 AM »
any recommendations for extremely narrow saddles? I have a selle italia BOOST SLR , 143mm width, but it catches my thigh on the downstroke.

patliean1

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2022, 09:22:56 AM »
any recommendations for extremely narrow saddles? I have a selle italia BOOST SLR , 143mm width, but it catches my thigh on the downstroke.

I own two carbon narrow saddles myself:

Dengfu S001 (full carbon, no padding) 128mm - 102g
https://www.dengfubike.com/collections/carbon-saddle/products/sd001

Prime Primavera (padding, oversized carbon rails) 128mm - 140g
https://www.wiggle.com/prime-primavera-carbon-saddle

I originally paid $50 for the Dengfu saddle when I bought my R12 frameset last year. Price has gone up to $75 now and I'm sure you could negotiate. Yes the Prime saddle is reaching name-brand pricing but I have yet to find the AliEx equivalent online, and some folks prefer a more durable saddle over a full carbon variant.

jonathanf2

« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2022, 01:41:30 PM »
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255801015979296.html

I just received this saddle from AliExpress. About $22 USD with free shipping. Other sellers have the same saddle, but this seller shipped quickly (arrived in about a week). I was originally planning to use this for my recent build, but it arrived late. This particular saddle is a tad short, but the sides curve down gently which seems more forgiving for those cyclists with thicc thighs or big a$$. Also the rear slants up allowing you to push your butt against it when going aero. The shorter saddle also has more space to maneuver if you like going super aero tuck. There's a slight texture to the finish and the quality is okay, but not worth showing off.

I'll report back when I get more ride time with it.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 01:44:40 PM by jonathanf2 »

Irideslowly

« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2022, 04:33:08 PM »
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255801015979296.html

I just received this saddle from AliExpress. About $22 USD with free shipping. Other sellers have the same saddle, but this seller shipped quickly (arrived in about a week). I was originally planning to use this for my recent build, but it arrived late. This particular saddle is a tad short, but the sides curve down gently which seems more forgiving for those cyclists with thicc thighs or big a$$. Also the rear slants up allowing you to push your butt against it when going aero. The shorter saddle also has more space to maneuver if you like going super aero tuck. There's a slight texture to the finish and the quality is okay, but not worth showing off.

I'll report back when I get more ride time with it.

As a cyclist with those thickkkkk thighs, I appreciate the review.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2022, 02:41:42 AM »

As a cyclist with those thickkkkk thighs, I appreciate the review.

What do you think for some of us with junk in the trunk. I Wish I had more.
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

pearl

« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2023, 06:59:51 PM »
Anyone use a power saddle replica from AliExpress? I have 3 drop bar bikes and I think it’s time to break up with my Fizik Airone saddles.

Dark17

« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2023, 07:19:27 PM »
Anyone use a power saddle replica from AliExpress? I have 3 drop bar bikes and I think it’s time to break up with my Fizik Airone saddles.

Patrick Lino did some reviews regarding that one.

rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

pearl

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2023, 08:09:38 PM »
This is promising, I think I want to get 3 of these:

Bicycle Saddle Ultralight Carbon Fiber Hollow Comfortable Breathable MTB Gravel Road bike Cycling Seat Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMzpfBa
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 08:13:00 PM by pearl »

patliean1

« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2023, 08:50:50 PM »
Best $69 I’ve spent from Ali Express.

pearl

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2023, 12:44:21 PM »
Best $69 I’ve spent from Ali Express.

Just wanted to say you are KILLING it with the reviews! Nero show constantly mentions you!

Have you ever had to use the returns at all? 15 day free return, but I imagine you pay for shipping back?

patliean1

« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2023, 08:02:11 AM »
Just wanted to say you are KILLING it with the reviews! Nero show constantly mentions you!

Have you ever had to use the returns at all? 15 day free return, but I imagine you pay for shipping back?

Thank you! - I havent used AliX returns before. Everything I purchase from there is cheap enough that I'm okay risking a full loss if something goes wrong. Same reason I don't insure any of my bikes.  :-X

Easyfunk

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2023, 11:58:24 AM »

As an EU customer I used it two times. No problems. It takes a bit, and sellers will try to find a way that you cancel the process. But if you stick to the prices it will work at the end.

pearl

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2023, 12:40:38 PM »
As an EU customer I used it two times. No problems. It takes a bit, and sellers will try to find a way that you cancel the process. But if you stick to the prices it will work at the end.

Thanks Easyfunk; but shipping is on you correct?