Author Topic: Brain is mangled.... What derailleur hanger????  (Read 2782 times)

Beaumont88

Brain is mangled.... What derailleur hanger????
« on: May 24, 2021, 04:04:32 AM »
Pretty much got the ican p9 built up i just cant figure out what derailleur hanger type i need its a shimano 10 speed groupset

carbonazza

Re: Brain is mangled.... What derailleur hanger????
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 06:52:41 AM »
Did you ask ICAN ? They can probably send you a couple, shipping is cheap for small packages.

Beaumont88

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 10:07:57 AM »
I might have to email them, theres the hanger thats on the bike but the derailleur ive got does not seem compatible at all

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 03:45:12 PM »
I've a 12sp xtr derailleur on the standard p9 hanger, why do you think its not compatible with yours?

Beaumont88

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 04:00:04 PM »
So the ten speed cmech off of my donor bike compared to the new one... Am i right in thinking all thats missing is the little linking bracket that ive circled red in the attatched image? So i can either buy that bracket or just buy that new derailleur?? And it should worth with the hanger that comes on the p9

Schumo

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 04:45:51 PM »
You can get it as a spare part, the part number is Y5YX98020.
But maybe you left it on the donor bike?

emu26

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 12:03:49 AM »
I have bought them before for XT derailleurs but they are hard to find the right listing for.

Without any offence, I don't know if it is worth it for Deore, there probably isn't that much of a price difference and I am not sure if the replacement parts on their own include the c clip needed to keep the bolt on.

Here is what I bought, note it is not available at the moment.
 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000709237818.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.456a4c4dkji63G

With the part number that Schumo gave you, your LBS should be able to order it for you.

Beaumont88

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 02:51:17 AM »
The plan is to go sram 11speed (although im intregued by the box components wide 9 speed just to be different) but as everything practically everywhere is out of stock or on pre order for 11 speed groupsets, im just looking to use my existing deore groupset to be back out riding even if i have to buy a new derailleur which isnt the most cost effective plan but i just want to ride it now

elgaucher

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 03:44:49 PM »
The plan is to go sram 11speed (although im intregued by the box components wide 9 speed just to be different) but as everything practically everywhere is out of stock or on pre order for 11 speed groupsets, im just looking to use my existing deore groupset to be back out riding even if i have to buy a new derailleur which isnt the most cost effective plan but i just want to ride it now

I have a prime 9 at the moment... If you want to go for it I'd say , order right now what you think you'll brake lol.

With your name , I'm pretty sure you're French Canadian like me lol , Am I right ?

Last weekend I broke my chains , no biggie box three chains are like 25 usd right ... comes to shipping here to canada ... cheapest option is 72$ for shipping ... a chain lol

Found a box two chains on ebay for 65$ cad but still way overpriced and it's not coming here until mid june..

Was the same last year when I broke the derailleur , was actually cheaper to order it from CRC then directly from Box themself , makes no sens to me

Beaumont88

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2021, 04:15:25 PM »
Well thats the prime 9 out of the window then, im not paying 60 quid everytime i need a chain, ill probably just be boring and order a sram 11speed when i get paid

Im based in the north of england but my surname is of french origin i believe, so points given there i guess

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 04:18:56 PM by Beaumont88 »

elgaucher

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2021, 04:25:55 PM »
Well thats the prime 9 out of the window then, im not paying 60 quid everytime i need a chain, ill probably just be boring and order a sram 11speed when i get paid

Im based in the north of england but my surname is of french origin i believe, so points given there i guess

well ordering from CRC directly might be your best option then but still the fact that you can't go to any lbs to get quick spare parts is pretty bad