Author Topic: Winow FS030 / TanTan Seraph FM038 Builds  (Read 1456 times)

ChinerDetroit

Winow FS030 / TanTan Seraph FM038 Builds
« on: June 01, 2021, 02:56:21 PM »
Finished two the Winow FS030.   Same as TanTan Seraph FM038 Builds, in fact - I think  TanTan Seraph FM038 does not actually build these direct based on my interactions.  These were designed to be "Trail-XC" bikes, 120mm front and back.  We're on test run #4.  Really only one bug with both builds.   Here's my wife's medium.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 05:56:23 AM by ChinerDetroit »

RobertRinAustin

Re: Winow FS030 builds
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 08:46:03 PM »
What's the bug on both builds?

ChinerDetroit

Re: TanTan Seraph FM038 Builds
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 06:37:25 AM »
Flyxii rims?
No

What's the bug on both builds?
I had a bit of clicking on my large frame, especially while locked out and cranking up the hills.  I just needed to go thru the bushings with a fine tooth comb (and grease and lockout).  They're both whisper quiet now except for a bit of cable rattle on the bumpy downhill rides in the downtube.  I'll put in a nerf ball to fix that.

Overall very happy with the price (and the quality with respect to that price)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 08:01:49 PM by ChinerDetroit »

ChinerDetroit

Re: Winow FS030 / TanTan Seraph FM038 Builds
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 05:58:05 AM »
Dead Winow FS030.  did this last night on a 2' drop at speed.  Going to end my ice bike season a bit early this year.  Pieces of junk most of these china bikes are.  There's no overtravel limits like all other commercial brand carbon bikes I own.

00Garza

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 10:26:28 AM »
Dead Winow FS030.  did this last night on a 2' drop at speed.  Going to end my ice bike season a bit early this year.  Pieces of junk most of these china bikes are.  There's no overtravel limits like all other commercial brand carbon bikes I own.

Oh man. Thats a bummer. What do you mean by overtravel limit? What travel fork did you have on it?

ChinerDetroit

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 10:41:13 AM »
rear triangle has no mechanical means of stopping overtravel as shown in the failure.  rear triangle is allowed to rotate right  into the main triangle.  My ibis frames with DW link would not allow this, my wife's blur frame would not allow this, no commercially available frame would allow this type of extreme overtravel during a moderate landing.

acedeuce802

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 04:28:20 PM »
Not following you.  In any frame, the shock is the travel limiter.  If you take the shock out, the rear triangle crashes into the front triangle.  Unless you're referring to other frames having a seat stay bridge that crashes into the seat tube before the tire does?

Doesn't seem like this failure has to do with overtravel.  The seat stay just isn't strong enough to handle the bending forces put into that big cantilever at full bottom out.  Not a fan of that design in general, even if it was strong enough.  Often times the shock rear pivot is mounted to the upper link.  By having the seat stay be rigid all the way from the rear wheel up to the shock puts a ton of bending into it.