Author Topic: Light Carbon LCES004 E Bike Build  (Read 11199 times)

Snacks

Re: Light Carbon LCES004 E Bike Build
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2021, 11:10:21 PM »
Building with the same frame, here in Holland but I'm having a hard time finding the motor and battery!
Any leads are welcome!

It was $1200 usd+shipping for the m600 motor and bt04 battery kit . CNE was the most reasonably priced distributor for the motor +battery . I think the other option i found was green pedal bikes

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2021, 10:07:22 AM »
Any update on the build, Snacks?

Snacks

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2021, 11:42:02 AM »
Just waiting on the motor and battery to come in to start putting it all together. It's actually scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. so I'll have the build done this week and post pics as I progress

Snacks

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2021, 11:32:20 AM »
Only the battery was delivered. The motor ,wires, charger and everything else is being delivered in a second package which I'm hoping will be here soon.

So in the meantime I decided to install the rest of the parts

mbarronj

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2021, 10:03:37 AM »
What is that stand you're using there?

Snacks

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2021, 03:57:04 PM »
What is that stand you're using there?

Just one that I made from a speaker stand and a wall hanger  for bikes.

Snacks

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2021, 10:12:25 PM »
The package with the motor also included everything else. it even came with an aluminum down tube and motor mount that wasnt needed.

packaging was done well and shipment wasnt all too long. maybe a couple weeks tops after they were shipped. Although, it did take a few months for them to ship but i think that was even lucky considering the state of parts and such right now.

Things to consider if you order the motor from CNE:

it comes with a 32T chainring so make sure to let them know if you want a bigger one

let them know if you dont need the downtube and mount for cheaper shipping and possible discount on kit, as i should have.

If you're using hydraulic brakes and want a sensor have them swap the levers in the kit for universal sensors.

if you're building up a similar frame, you might want an extension cable for the charging port. - i opted to run it through an exisiting hole in the top tube so i wouldnt have to remove the battery every time i wanted to charge.

also double check what display you're getting. the listing shows the C240 but i was sent a C230. not a big deal but still , the C230 is a bit inconvenient to use with the screen off to one side of the handlebars

Besst tool  to flash different firmware is nice to have although not necessary

Snacks

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2021, 10:35:16 PM »
finished it this weekend but didnt get a chance to update since i was out riding with my dad.

starting the build i realized pretty quick i should have waited on routing anything through the frame. the cables for the motor couldnt get through the grommets in the frame with other housing going through them already

but it didnt take too long to get it all built up and running. the worst part of the whole thing was getting the battery cover to fit the cut out in the frame. took quite of bit of cutting and molding to get it to look decent. its a generic cover bafang provides so im assuming thats on lightcarbon for the cut out of the frame not being quite up to par.

the wiring diagram makes the whole motor+battery addition to the bike build very straight forward.

they had some cable clips tapped into the inside of the downtube but i found that if you use them then they're just in the way and the battery doesnt sit right. it was better to just tape them to the sides of the downtube.

i probably should have taken more pictures but i was so excited to finish and get to riding, i barely stopped to take any haha

final parts list

frame - light carbon LCES004

Motor - Bafang M600

Battery- BTF04 600wh

Fork-  Rockshox 35 Gold RL

Shock - RockShox Deluxe RL

shifter/derailleur - LTWOO AX11

Brakes - Meroca MT420 4 piston brakes

Seatpost- Ztto 31.6mm 350mm

Handlebar - JGbike 780mm Al rise bars

Stem- Wake 31.8mm stem

Grips- GtuBike grips

Tires- Specialized Slaughter GRID 2Bliss Ready 27.5X2.8 Black

Tubes-  WTB Presta 27.5 Plus x 2.8/3.0 Tube

Wheels- ryde rival 35

Rotors- avid 180mm

very happy with the brakes and the LTWOO AX11. i cannot say enough about how smoothly this bike shifts. the AX11 really surprised me there. sis was complaining about the tourney parts on her hardtail and im probably going to replace hers with this too

Snacks

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2021, 10:37:10 PM »

Snacks

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2021, 10:39:26 PM »
ill get some better pics when there's light out and some of the battery cover too(just realized i didnt have any)

the bike rides great and the motor provides more than enough power for everything that we ride. it has 5 power levels and the highest i went was 3 for a tough climb but most of the time 1 or 2 was good enough to keep the climbs pretty relaxed. if this was for me id have cut the stem down and used a bit narrower tires but my dad loves riding feeling like hes rolling on pillows and being a bit more upright.

you definitely feel the weight of the motor+battery on tighter turns but the extra confidence and stability coming downhill with some speed is a nice tradeoff. well that and making climbs a walk in the park  :P

dont know if ill be swapping to an EMTB any time soon ( actually pretty excited for the AM831, if it ever ships haha) but im glad i was able to build one to continue riding with my dad.

OH! and total cost if anyone is curious, was $3309.21. everything was bought new except for fork and shock but they were both practically brand new take off's

ohh and i think this can be moved back down to the ebikes section as i have finished the build   :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 10:58:46 PM by Snacks »

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2021, 09:35:48 AM »
Thanks for the update and pics, Snack! Appreciate you sharing.

To me, the price of $3309.21 is a damn good deal and just about the max I'd ever want to pay for a bike ($3500 maybe $4k) so that's great... puts a custom carbon EBike in reach for me.

So the LTWOO drivetrain and Meroca brakes are really that good huh? I haven't yet purchased anything other than chiner carbon bits but I think if I do build up an EBike I'll likely follow a blueprint very similar to yours and try out some of these other components.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 09:39:11 AM by Sitar_Ned »

Snacks

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2021, 05:39:59 PM »
well i dont have much to compare the meroca against , just the shimano deorre and 105 brakes on my current mtb and road bike but they held up well coming to a stop downhill from 30mph and on a few trails i test road the bike on. i think they'll also feel a bit better with time as the pads bed in.  regardless, they get the job done and my dad doesnt ride as fast or hard as i do , so should be perfect for him.

the shifting of the LTWOO drivetrain really did surprise me. still cant get over how smooth it shifts. ive put way more time indexing the gears on my road bike and its still not as smooth. the only downside is that it has no clutch. works out fine for the style of riding my dad will be doing. we got a cover for the chainstay to be safe but still the chain slapped it a bit too much when i was out test riding the bike.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 09:35:34 PM by Snacks »

carbonazza

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2021, 04:33:08 AM »
Thank you for all the detailed build information !
What chain model did you choose ?

Snacks

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2021, 08:30:16 AM »
Thank you for all the detailed build information !
What chain model did you choose ?

just using the ZRACE chain , cassette and 34T chainring that came with the LTWOO drivetrain. i do have a specific shimano ebike chain but havent used it yet. i figured if it were to show signs of stretching or any kind of wear sooner than a regular chain id replace it but its be great so far.

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2021, 12:56:08 PM »
well i dont have much to compare the meroca against , just the shimano deorre and 105 brakes on my current mtb and road bike but they held up well coming to a stop downhill from 30mph and on a few trails i test road the bike on. i think they'll also feel a bit better with time as the pads bed in.  regardless, they get the job done and my dad doesnt ride as fast or hard as i do , so should be perfect for him.

I'm building the same frame, and I'm actually choosing wheels and fork. Did you need an adapter for 180mm rotors? I see that most of mtb fors seems to be compatbile only with 160mm rotors. (I am a bit new to mtb and e-mtb buildings, I usually build road bikes)