Author Topic: Light Carbon LCES004 E Bike Build  (Read 11194 times)

Snacks

Re: Light Carbon LCES004 E Bike Build
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2021, 02:09:38 PM »
I'm building the same frame, and I'm actually choosing wheels and fork. Did you need an adapter for 180mm rotors? I see that most of mtb fors seems to be compatbile only with 160mm rotors. (I am a bit new to mtb and e-mtb buildings, I usually build road bikes)

I did not need adapters for 180mm rotors with the rockshox gold 35 fork.

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2021, 05:32:43 AM »
I did not need adapters for 180mm rotors with the rockshox gold 35 fork.

Thanks for the update. John from lightcarbon advised me to buy a BFT03 battery, since it is a better fit with the frame. He said that bft04 fits but not perfectly.

Snacks

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2021, 06:49:21 AM »
Thanks for the update. John from lightcarbon advised me to buy a BFT03 battery, since it is a better fit with the frame. He said that bft04 fits but not perfectly.
Did he send you these pics to see the difference? I'm not sure what he's referring to. The fact that the BTF04 sticks out a bit or that you have to trim the cover to sit flush against the frame. The bigger battery was definitely worth it for us for the extra range. We actually ordered a second battery for even more range.

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2021, 11:23:22 AM »
Did he send you these pics to see the difference? I'm not sure what he's referring to. The fact that the BTF04 sticks out a bit or that you have to trim the cover to sit flush against the frame. The bigger battery was definitely worth it for us for the extra range. We actually ordered a second battery for even more range.

He said: "The motor you can use the Bafang M600 and battery can use the BTF03(perfect match), if you need large volume battery, also can install BTF04, but the battery will not perfect match."

If battery still fits without problems or hacks to be made on the frame, I would go for BTF04.  I am looking for M600 motor, but it is not easy to find. I am contacting suppliers through Alibaba. Aliexpress has no seller with M600 motor available.

Snacks

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2021, 12:23:49 PM »
He said: "The motor you can use the Bafang M600 and battery can use the BTF03(perfect match), if you need large volume battery, also can install BTF04, but the battery will not perfect match."

If battery still fits without problems or hacks to be made on the frame, I would go for BTF04.  I am looking for M600 motor, but it is not easy to find. I am contacting suppliers through Alibaba. Aliexpress has no seller with M600 motor available.

Yea the BTF04 fits without modification of the frame. The batteries have a plastic cover that are supposed to sit flush with the cutout in the frame . I'm not sure what the cover for the BTF03 is like but you will have to trim the cover on the BTF04 with a sharp knife to have it sit perfectly flush. I would assume you're going g to have to do this for thr cover on either battery though

Try cne bikes and green pedal .links should be in this thread

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2021, 04:05:13 PM »
Yea the BTF04 fits without modification of the frame. The batteries have a plastic cover that are supposed to sit flush with the cutout in the frame . I'm not sure what the cover for the BTF03 is like but you will have to trim the cover on the BTF04 with a sharp knife to have it sit perfectly flush. I would assume you're going g to have to do this for thr cover on either battery though

Try cne bikes and green pedal .links should be in this thread

I got everything and I am starting to build. I do not know how to use the hole in the top tube to install the charge plug. Do you maybe have some pics?

Snacks

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2021, 05:07:17 PM »
I got everything and I am starting to build. I do not know how to use the hole in the top tube to install the charge plug. Do you maybe have some pics?

i dont have any pics of that and the bike is at my dads place so ill have to take some when i visit him next. this frame has no spot to actually install the charging port. under the top tube there was a hole already for some other cable routing. i just ordered an extension for the charging cable and then took off everything that was around the charting port itself so it was just a cable. then routed it out of that hole on the bottom side of the top tube. it just hangs out that hole but we use a zip tie to keep it from flying around while he rides.

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2021, 04:01:58 AM »
i dont have any pics of that and the bike is at my dads place so ill have to take some when i visit him next. this frame has no spot to actually install the charging port. under the top tube there was a hole already for some other cable routing. i just ordered an extension for the charging cable and then took off everything that was around the charting port itself so it was just a cable. then routed it out of that hole on the bottom side of the top tube. it just hangs out that hole but we use a zip tie to keep it from flying around while he rides.

Thanks, got it. I am trying to use the hole for the battery lock as a charge port. It is a bit narrower, maybe i'll use a bit of glue or a zip tie.

chickon1

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2021, 01:52:46 PM »
Does anyone know where to get the BFT batteries?  Unless you want to buy a 1000 of them.. I can't find them.

Snacks

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2021, 04:08:25 PM »
Does anyone know where to get the BFT batteries?  Unless you want to buy a 1000 of them.. I can't find them.

I've listed two retailers in this thread that you can purchase them from.

chickon1

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2021, 04:02:48 PM »
Neither one of those has them.. I would be happy with a 43V top mount at this point.

1Sigma

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2021, 05:48:06 PM »
Building with the same frame, here in Holland but I'm having a hard time finding the motor and battery!
Any leads are welcome!

You can pick up Bafang motors off Aliexpress, Alibaba, and Amazon. 
You'll probably get a better price from the first two, and maybe a deal from AliExpress, as it is their big 11-11 sale tomorrow
Better than average - Extra Average

slaine25600

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2022, 08:02:52 AM »
hello,

I would like to build an LCES004 frame with M510 BAFANG kit.
@snaks, could you please describe after one year used this frame if your are some issues or not?
thanks for your answers
regards

JimLee

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2022, 01:46:51 AM »
Bafang M510 motor as same as M500, It's an advanced version of M500 motor,
so our LCES004 can fit for M510. also ,now our lightcarbon can introduce you the seller of Bafang motor and battery, no MOQ request,
Previously, we cooperated directly with Bafang, but their MOQ requirements were too high. We can only let customers buy motors and batteries by themselves.
But now, we have found a good supplier who helps us provide motors and batteries for individual buyers. I am also discussing with him to provide batteries with greater capacity.

It should be noted that the motor and battery are transported directly by him. We do not have a special transportation mode for transporting the battery.
Jim Lee from Lightcarbon