Author Topic: Frame suggestion for tall rider  (Read 542 times)

Clapatrap

Frame suggestion for tall rider
« on: June 27, 2021, 04:11:08 AM »
Hi guys,
i need a road bike frame suggestion for myself.
1. About me: I'm 205cm (6,7ft) tall with an 98cm inseam and i weigh 82kg (~180 lbs).
2. The area im riding in is mostly flat and so im not climbing alot if at all.

Since im pretty new to the party i don't have any real options so far.
I took a look into the carbonda 1056 because it was the frame with the biggest stack i could find for now.

Do you have any suggestions for a rider with my stats?
Thanks for your help!

Nickk2000

Re: Frame suggestion for tall rider
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 09:42:29 AM »
Dengfu is the only seller that i know of that sells 61cm frames. Im 6’7 as well.
Their fm098 is good, its had its issues, i have/had to keep readjusting brakes bc theyd be off center.

I also have the r12 but ive crashed and now im at a speed wobble issue. The bottom bracket area i also hear a crackling sound whenever i do like over 300-400 watts. The crankset (force axs) flexes and i dont know if its the frame or the crankset. Its slowly pissing me off.

Though the fm098 (my cheaper bike lol) has treated me well though. Paint jobs not very durable though.

Clapatrap

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 03:57:29 PM »
Thank you for your reply.
I will look into the dengfu fm098 and the 099. They look pretty similar to me but i might ask tony from Dengfu about the frames.

Nickk2000

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 04:00:27 PM »
Tantan also has the r12 but under the x12 name instead, its cheaper from dengfu. Ive had decent to moderately poor experience with their frames but i could just be unlucky. The fm098 after i fixed the creaking due to the seatpost has been fine. the r12 has just been a nightmare from start to finish for me so i cant attest to that. thw fm098 is insanely stiff. my r12 is insanely comfortable. i dont know if its due to my farsport wheels or the carbon layup.

if you want to get a custom paint job, its like $100, the poor english led to me not getting the decals i wanted on it, but thats poor communication all together.

edit: as of right now, i would not recommend the r12. likewise with the x12 as theyre the same frame. i am very limited on my options because i need a 61. the closest 58's i could find have a -10 reach and other stuff, so i'd need to buy a bike fit along with one of those frames.

for both of our sakes im researching 61 cm full internal routing frames or at least ones with geometry like it. the r12 from dengfu and tantan (same frame) are the only ones i can find atm.

edit: day after. went for a quick ride and down a 2% i was slightly wobbly but nothing that scared me at 28 mph. Also fixed the creaking/crackling sound by just adding grease, it wasnt a creak though so it did concern me at first but i did fix it. im going to swap wheels with box ones when i get the chance and see wtf happens.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 11:06:20 AM by Nickk2000 »