Author Topic: First Chiner build - Airwolf YFM026 experiences?  (Read 1385 times)

Boybiskit

First Chiner build - Airwolf YFM026 experiences?
« on: June 30, 2021, 11:14:17 AM »
What an amazing forum - so much info on here!

I have been wanting to buy a frame direct from China since the late 1990s (!) and am now almost ready to pull the trigger. After a lot of looking I think I have a decision for my light-ish XC hardtail build - an Airwolf YFM026. The geometry, material and price all seem right but I would like to hear people's real world experiences after reading a couple of horror stories. Specifically:

- How are Airwolf with aftersales if you do have a problem?
- I saw the post on here about poorly finished dropouts resulting in the rear wheel being out of line. Is this common?
- I'll be on a large / 19" frame. Will the BOOST 2018 SID RL that I have for this frame hit the downtube?
- I am building this bike for my easier rides but I know every now and then it will end up getting hammered on BC's tougher trails. Anyone got +ve or -ve stories on this frame holding up (or not!) on the rough stuff?

For the geeks out there I have a spreadsheet showing geometry and pricing for this frame and many of the competitors. Let me know if there is interest in sharing.

fone

Re: First Chiner build - Airwolf YFM026 experiences?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 07:22:09 AM »
I just ordered my large YFM026 frame from Aliexpress.

As far as I read only M frames have been reporting collision with the forks. but not sure if that actually means anything. I hope L will be fine.
My main concern is the bottom bracket shell might be undersized. There are two or three people having trouble fitting a PF30 BB in the frame. The seller send me a picture of a measurement of the bb shell of 45,7mm. Might be a tight fit...

Boybiskit

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 05:56:53 PM »
Fone: I have also ordered this frame. Very excited! A few more parts to order then just have to wait... Good luck with your build.

Lurch632

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 05:45:53 PM »
I've also been working on a spreadsheet to compare some options but have been focused on Full suspension Trail and Enduro bikes and on L and XL frames as that's what I'll be on. It would be nice to make it available for everyone and more complete for people to more easily compare and find options as its a bit confusing between various manufactures caring the same bikes but different models and all kinds of stuff like that.

Anyway its here if you find any of that data helpful or I'm happy to see if it would be reasonable to compile the data to make it a better reference for people.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hANaOQ4ZB-wuRrB-lUa0GLTgUnDYevgNjW-xd-HWg48/edit?usp=sharing