Chinese Carbon MTB > 26er & 27.5 (650b)

Chinertown's first IP-156 build

<< < (3/3)

Jotegr:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on October 30, 2014, 09:57:26 AM ---
P.S.  Your pics looks a bit squashed to me making the bike look a bit longer (left to right) than it probably should.  What gave it away was the wheels look more oval than round, maybe just the result of a camera phone lens  :).

--- End quote ---

I think it's the angle of the shot and the camera phone. That said, the wheelbase is absurdly long. I got the largest frame I could from them. The wheelbase on this puppy is a fair bit longer than my old XC hardtail as well as my AM/Enduro  bike.

--- Quote from: Oolak on October 30, 2014, 10:23:53 AM ---Love the paint scheme.

Also, curious your impressions of the Velvet fork?.. It's been on my list of maybes for quite some time now.

--- End quote ---

Thanks dude!

I really like the velvet. So far I've only ridden it at 100mm. I did race this past season on it.  It's a bit heavier than comparable 100mm air forks but it is noticeably stiffer as a result. That's pretty much what I wanted because as a 210 lb guy I can usually feel forks flexing quite a bit. I think this will translate well into the longer travel modes. Damping is really good on this fork, I've never bottomed it out and the small bump is nice. I do really like the factory tune in terms of performance. This is aided by X-fusion tending to ship with the proper amounts of oil in both the damper and the lowers, unlike some other companies (fox, rockshox are particularly guitly).

I have the 2014 OEM version which differs from the regular version as it ships with a slightly different air spring. It's a little heavier and more difficult to change the travel on, but otherwise identical.

Overall, it's probably the best fork in the bracket for the price.

Jotegr:
Took her out for her maiden voyage Sunday night- It's good! Still some work to be done before it's ideal. I think the first order of business is a new rear tire, this one sucks hardcore.

Carbon_Dude:
Cool shot! Long exposure or just a flash?

tegheim:
Is this the frame?
http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1338

Did you go with 120mm total travel?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version