Author Topic: Lexon "Riot 10"  (Read 41136 times)

freeride1

Re: Lexon "Riot 10"
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2021, 02:12:24 PM »
well, I'm still happy with my Riot purchase, but seem to be a bit unlucky by now...suspensions arrived on wednesday, put the RS Deluxe Ultimate onto the frame and found that Lexon Official Store sent me a wrong couple trunnion bolts!
M8 instead of M10, so now I have a spare for rocker arm linkage bolts ;D
They promptly shipped, meanwhile I've ordered a Vitus frame spare
Other than that I found my bottom bracket a bit out of tolerance; was really hard to screw-on BB cups, so I stopped and take it to a friend's shop to file it. Never happened such a thing in 20 years

By the way, I was able to "assemble" the bike and get an idea of what it will turn.
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

RongGearRob

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2021, 11:22:02 AM »
Like your "assembled" bike, tough break on the mounting hardware. This was the primary reason why I purchased the RS Monarch shock with the frame, so it would fit correctly. Not having a full suspension rig before I just didn't want the hassle of trying to find the right shock and potentially getting it wrong.  If anyone else has these same concerns or limited knowledge such as myself, the frame came with shock installed, as a result the correct mounting hardware came with the frame.  My build has stalled, not because of the frame or shock, rather I'm bogged down with my RS Reba fork upgrade from 100mm to 120mm (having a lot of stiction and fork suck). I think I might have over greased the airspring, seals, etc. and the dimple is clogged.  This happened a couple years ago after I did the lower leg service, just a pain to take the fork apart, clean and oil and grease (not so much this time) it again.  On a brighter note, the new Mavic wheelset arrived...It only took 6 months for Mavic to fulfill the warranty submission. 

freeride1

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2021, 02:30:07 PM »
this was a silly mistake, wrong bolts, could happen!
I went with a trunnion because is the only way if you want 120mm rear travel
Sorry for yor fork, hope you'll sort it out soon

freeride1

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2021, 02:35:01 PM »
Cheers.

To the people who've build one, is shock mount hardware included? (two bolts for trunnion side, and the shaft mount bolt)?

Is the 41.4mm wide bushing the one I need to mount the shaft side?

Thanks.

rear end of the shock need a 40 x 8 mounting hardware; I went with a Racing Bros set.

RongGearRob

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2021, 10:37:16 PM »
I think I got the fork sorted out, as I had thought there was too much grease on the air piston side which was clogging the dimple.  I then went to work checking all of the bearings and bolts in rear triangle and shock mounts. I found one bearing (where the shock mounts to the top tube) that was a little rough but I think it will work in the short term. I too had some issues getting the bottom bracket screwed in, also the BB that was provided seemed a little on the cheap side.  I'll use it for now with my old cranks and then upgrade the BB to SRAM DUB to go with the new cranks I've got.  Pretty much all that is left is brake bleed, connecting shifter to RD and connecting the dropper post.  Hopefully I can wrap it up and get a ride in before Christmas.

freeride1

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2021, 01:57:31 AM »
I've planned to use another brand BB cups, so started with them and found the problem as stated before, then tried Lexon one (that seem like Shimano basic line to me) but had the same result-
Tomorrow I'll pick my frame at the shop and will know if/how my friend had to file down threads.
Have you gone with the Charger upgrade on your Reba?
I'll stick with Motion Control now and see how it work on my trails.

RongGearRob

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2021, 10:35:13 PM »
Yes, I installed the Charger 2 (did not go with the newer Charger 2.1) and I'm interested to see how it rides. I'm not sure if it was a smart investment, considering how expensive it was and putting it in an older fork.  Probably would have more sense to put the money towards a slightly used SID or Fox 34. I'd like to add the DebonAir as well but there does not appear to be any in stock in the U.S.  Good luck with the BB.

Caseven

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2021, 10:38:42 AM »
En el Bike Park con mi Full Suspension youtu.be/y1IvnxoOO10 Lexon
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 10:47:44 AM by Caseven »

Patch64

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2021, 03:19:45 AM »
well, I'm still happy with my Riot purchase, but seem to be a bit unlucky by now...suspensions arrived on wednesday, put the RS Deluxe Ultimate onto the frame and found that Lexon Official Store sent me a wrong couple trunnion bolts!
M8 instead of M10, so now I have a spare for rocker arm linkage bolts ;D
They promptly shipped, meanwhile I've ordered a Vitus frame spare
Other than that I found my bottom bracket a bit out of tolerance; was really hard to screw-on BB cups, so I stopped and take it to a friend's shop to file it. Never happened such a thing in 20 years

By the way, I was able to "assemble" the bike and get an idea of what it will turn.
@freeride1 can you tell me what wheels are on the picture? Thks

freeride1

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2021, 12:07:04 PM »
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005001511244283.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.23f24c4dMJU9Rk

this set, from Lexon store on Aliexpress; real weight 1730 grams with HG freehub, haven't rode yet but seem to be a nice set.

RongGearRob

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2021, 08:54:51 PM »
Freeride1, Curious to know what drivetrain are you going with, 1x11 or 1x12? And what chainring size and cassette?

Caseven

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2021, 08:34:56 AM »
  Testing aliexpress Lexon Riot frame  on trails, fallow the link youtu.be/BaW_c8Mvd4Q  :)

freeride1

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2021, 05:22:57 AM »
Freeride1, Curious to know what drivetrain are you going with, 1x11 or 1x12? And what chainring size and cassette?

I'll go with a thrusted GX 11V drivetrain; trigger and rear derailleur in red edition, just to match with frame decals, ZTTO 11/46 cassette, XMC SL chain, Fovno cnc crancks in anodized red and 34 T oval chainring
This last one was sent to me in the wrong offset (6mm) so I'm stuck until a boost one (3mm) arrive...result is that while spinning it touch the chainstay  :-[

Frame update: BB thread issue solved! Now I have a Shimano XT BB cups in black, buttery smooth finally  ;D

uraberg

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2021, 10:35:48 PM »
I've finished assembling mine, and I wanted to leave some thoughts for people who are thinking about getting this frame.

1: The need to have the BB threads chased is real. The provided BB worked fine for me, but not with my 30mm spindle, and the bsa30 BB I was going to use worked fine for the left side, but I ended up cross threading the drive side cup. I was lucky enough to get it mounted and square in the end, but it is now a permanent fixture of the frame and I will just replace the bearings only when the time comes.

2: The description for the white frame states that a chainring up to 40t can be used. There is just no way this is going to happen (unless the white frame is different somehow). A 38t for sure will not fit, a 36 might, but it would be awfully close. I think 34T is the realistic max chainring this frame will allow.

3: I am 5'10" on a good day, normally proportioned, and I find the frame fairly small (reach). I have back issues, and I like to be more stretched out. I could have easily fit a larger size. (i'm using a 70mm stem, and 0 offset seatpost)

Overall, I'm happy. I'm took a chance on a chinese derailleur and I suspect I'll quickly get something more reputable. Weight is a hair under 21lbs. (I am a hair over 20lbs overweight...)

RongGearRob

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2021, 12:09:22 AM »
My build is basically done, working on the gear indexing.  I've managed to take the bike for a quick spin in the court in front of my house, so far the reach on the large feels good for me (6') with low rise handlebars and 50mm stem. My opinion may change once I ride it on actual trails.  I'm running a 32T chainring (non-boost) and I don't think you could go any bigger without a boost chainring. For now my plan is to keep my old wheel set, 11x42 cassette, cranks and chainring for winter riding.  I'll switch over to the new wheels, cassette, cranks and chainring in the spring at the start of race season.   Photo coming soon, stay tuned.