Author Topic: Lexon "Riot 10"  (Read 40504 times)

Silverado123

Re: Lexon "Riot 10"
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2022, 06:30:25 PM »
I did drill out a hole in the seat to and down tube for the dropper. No issues so far.  I didn't cut down the seat tube yet. Thats a winter project and more studying

Teigansdad

« Reply #166 on: August 19, 2022, 10:20:54 AM »
One last question… appreciate all your info. The brake tabs not being fully drilled?? So did you have to chase them? Looks like from the picture they would have inserts.

Thanks again
Pete

Silverado123

« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2022, 11:28:53 AM »
No, l just used shorter bolts. 15mm l think l used. Works perfectly.

cosmos8

« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2022, 12:08:46 AM »
Do you guys know how to remove this silver tube from rear shock support? It's super tight the bolt just rotates with the tube.

Silverado123

« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2022, 05:28:11 PM »
If it is the bolt I think it is you'll have to punch it out. Get another hex wrench and use it to punch out the stuck bolt.

cosmos8

« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2022, 11:27:29 PM »
I tried that. Didn't work. Lexon is sending me a new one with silver tube removed. I will also install new bearings as the original ones are of poor quality. 

Silverado123

« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2022, 10:22:47 AM »
Oh ok. Bummer the link isn't working good for you. Hopefully the replacement will arrive soon

Silverado123

« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2022, 02:16:14 PM »
So what head angle do all have? With my 120 mm Pike and Kenda booster tires. I have my head angle at 66°. Quite a bit off from the 68°. They have listed. It's cool. It saves me from buying an angle set

RongGearRob

« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2022, 08:40:58 AM »
Good idea to replace the bearings, I used the original bearings and after 9 months of riding several have seized/failed and I've got the same issue with the mounting & rocker bolt stuck in the linkage.  The Lexon Official Store has been helpful and gets kudos for working with me to ship me new linkage with all new bolts for a small fee ($30). 

Everyjoy the AilExpress Store I made my original Lexon frame purchase with did not respond to any of my inquiries on getting replacement, it appears they no longer sell Lexon frames so maybe that has something to do with it.  Regardless after 3 attempts with Everjoy Inc. I reached out to the Official Lexon store and got an immediate response.

The tricky part will be removing the linkage from the frame, the front pivot bolt is stuck and won't back out all of the way, leaving me to either drill or cut it out (unless somebody can recommend a better way). While disappointing, this and one of the rivnuts needing to be tightened have been the only issues I've had with the Lexon Riot. I'll provide an update when I get the replacement parts. 

RongGearRob

« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2022, 10:13:42 PM »
Wanted to provide an update on the rocker issue.  I received a replacement rocker and bolts with new bearings in place from the Official Lexon Store, the total fee including shipping was $30 usd. I ended up taking the bike and the replacement parts to my LBS as I could not figure out how to remove the stuck bolts - the shock bolts that is towards the front of the bike and the silver rocker bolt.  LBS got the shock bolt off no problem, the silver rocker bolt would not move, I watched as they tried hammering it through with no success.  Ultimately the LBS cut the bolt to remove the shock. 

Takeaways:
The bike shop recommended using anti-seize on the rocker bolt to keep it from getting stuck again.

They didn't seem to concerned with the new bearings provided and told me to use them until they need replacing (which I'll watch closely).

The Lexon store was helpful and quick to send the replacements parts at a fair price.  Although one of the bolt heads was the wrong one, they are sending a replacement and I just needed to cover a small shipping fee of 10 cents.  The LBS was able to use the original bolt head for the repair but I wanted a replacement should I need it for a future repair.  Besides I already had paid for it.

Jotwoo

« Reply #175 on: January 07, 2023, 03:31:42 PM »
So I’ve changed my shock to a trunnion mount. I got some questions regarding mounting hardware so I will also share the measurements here for everyone that needs them (clickable):

« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 08:14:16 AM by Jotwoo »

Silverado123

« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2023, 05:36:23 PM »
Excellent

marq3z

« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2023, 01:56:22 AM »
anybody knows where can i purchase this screw set? yesterday mine was broken  :'(
i've write to ali shop where bought the frame and they will send a new one but i think that it is not a good quality screw and i wanna change them for another better

FB: Lexon MTB Riders

mirphak

« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2023, 03:58:44 AM »
Hi all,

Interested in this frameset (or the Lexon spirit, still not sure which one to pick). Just one question:

I am currently running a Lexon reverse in size L, which fits perfectly. This is a super short frame in reach and has a very tall stack. I am 175 cm tall (5'9") with super long 86cm inseam (34") but rather mid-size to short arms. That means that the distance from BB to saddle is 76cm or so.

Now, the Lexon Riot has a significantly longer reach than Lexon reverse (3cm or so) for a shorter stack, but the top tube is comparable (i.e. you sit much more in the vertical of the bottom bracket I guess).

So I was tempted to get a M size, which is what the seller also suggests (their fitting chart also suggests a M for the Reverse btw). The problem I see, apart from having a lower handlebar position, is that I need probably a seatpost of 42+ cm to get that 76cm total saddle-BB length (assuming 10cm are inside the seat tube). These are not as common as the <=40cm posts.

I wonder if maybe it is better to get a size L and pick a super short stem? Any thoughts?

Tijoe

« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2023, 01:37:32 PM »
Selfishly, and 100% in my own self interests,  I would say purchase a "Lexon Spirit" so we will have another data point regarding how good or bad this "updated" Spirit frame is.