Author Topic: Lexon "Riot 10"  (Read 40504 times)

RongGearRob

Re: Lexon "Riot 10"
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2023, 08:42:39 PM »
More updates....I would strongly encourage replacing all of the suspension bearings, the ones provided are terrible and don't last.  I just replaced the bearings that came with my replacement rocker I received last November. Two of them are already trashed and the other 2 bearings are already showing signs of deterioration (I already had replaced the suspension bearings closest to front of the bike when I did the rocker replacement at the end of last year and they are fine). It's not like I have done a ton of riding in the winter months, maybe 15 rides total.

Also, no grease was used by Lexon to install any of the bearings. 

The only ones that seem to be in good shape are the headset bearings, at this point I have replaced all others within the first 15 months of building my Lexon Riot.

mathesonmd

« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2023, 01:57:33 PM »
The bearings in the metal linkage attached to the rear end of the shock fell apart on me, but I cannot get them out. They seem to be welded in place without any grease. Any ideas on freeing them from this piece? Otherwise, I'll need to have them send me a new one. Also, where are people buying their replacement bearings?

RongGearRob

« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2023, 09:51:42 PM »
It took me a little while to figure out how to remove the bearings from the linkage/rocker. Here's how I did it:

First I used some penetrating oil to loosen them up a bit. 

For the wider part of the linkage I was able to get my bearing removal tool (I have the Alt / Alt press and removal tool) behind the bearing to push them out without too much trouble.

For the narrower part of the linkage, one of the bearings inner ring was destroyed and fell out leaving the rest of the bearing stuck in place. I tapped it out with a screw driver.  For the other bearing, I started with the bearing removal tool to get some movement and push the bearing out a bit.  However, due to the design of the linkage, there wasn't enough room for the sleeve to sit on the linkage for the bearing to slide into. Therefore I put the linkage in a vice and used a socket up against the bearing, placed a carriage bolt with the head on the socket and the bolt part sticking the.opposite hole and hit the bolt a couple times with a hammer.

You didn't ask, but for the pivot bearing removal (the bearings that attaches the rear triangle to the frame), I found a YouTube video from Oz Cycle on how to make a DIY blind puller. I crafted the blind puller to remove one of the bearings and used the Alt / Alt tool to remove the other bearing (once I removed the first one).  For the blind puller I filed  two sides of a washer so I could slide it through the bearing hole (took about an hour to file it down) and slid a carriage bolt through the opposite bearing hole so that the washer was held up against the bearing inside the frame with the carriage bolt head. I placed a sleeve from the Alt tool against the outer frame with the bolt in the middle of the sleeve hole.  Then placed a couple washers on the bolt against the sleeve and three nuts on the bolt, one of the nuts was against the washer and the two others to 'lock' the bolt while I turned the single bolt to pull the bearing. Again I used some penetrating oil to help break the seal before I started turning the bolt. Not surprisingly the filed washer inside the frame 'pushing' the bearing deformed a bit but it did the job.

As for the replacement bearings for the linkage I purchased FAG bearings. For the the shock and pivot bearings I used Enduro Max, they are easier to source as my local bike shops carry them.

It wasn't that difficult, just took some time to figure it out how to do it.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 06:10:10 AM by RongGearRob »

mirphak

« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2023, 09:57:23 AM »
Finally arrived ... isn't it incredible beautiful?

Goodies it will be mounted with:

- Fox 34 Factory SC 120mm
- Sidluxe ultimate 165x38 (unless a Fox factory 165x38/40 crosses in front of my eyes)
- 1320g  'real weighted' Carbon wheels (rims: Go Zone, hub: DT350),
- Transmission: GX AXS.
- Brakes: XT 8120m (4-pistons)
- Handlebar: Lexon Ryet Ergo 16 (integrated stem)
- Seat (EC90/Balugoe) and seatpost (Elita One)
- Tyres: Maxxis Forekaster 2.35 (both front and rear).

RongGearRob

« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2023, 12:28:49 PM »
anybody knows where can i purchase this screw set? yesterday mine was broken  :'(
i've write to ali shop where bought the frame and they will send a new one but i think that it is not a good quality screw and i wanna change them for another better

Any luck with the replacement bolts?  I sheared a bolt in the linkage and destroyed another bearing.  I'm not sure what is going on, cheap bolts that break, perhaps I don't have enough air in my shock or the rear triangle alignment is off and causing weird bearing wear, but I've got had 3 bearings in the same location go completely bad.  I had just checked the linkage and bearings a month ago (maybe 6 -10 rides total) and it was fine, then suddenly it is gone and the bolt is sheared. Based on this ongoing issue I can no longer recommend the Lexon Riot.

mirphak

« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2023, 05:44:12 PM »
Tested. Rides wonderfully

Skiesare

« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2023, 12:18:50 PM »
mirphak, the bike looks great, and I'm glad to hear it rides so well. How is the tyre clearance at the back? You have 2.35 and Lexon says that's the max, but I wonder if you could get a little more in there.

Jotwoo

« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2023, 12:43:59 PM »
So I’ve ridden my riot for 1,5 years now, 1.200kms and counting (I have another hard tail and a gravel / road bike). All still going strong and no complaints!

One thing that occurred today was that the derailleur hanger got bent slightly which made my GX Eagle AXS shift completely shit. I’ve aligned the hanger with the tool, cleaned the derailleur and chain while I was at it and everything is smooth again.

But it made me wonder: is the riot also compatible with the new SRAM T type direct mount derailleurs?

mirphak

« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2023, 07:50:41 AM »
mirphak, the bike looks great, and I'm glad to hear it rides so well. How is the tyre clearance at the back? You have 2.35 and Lexon says that's the max, but I wonder if you could get a little more in there.

You can probably squeeze a little more, but it depends on your needed clearance. Mine is actually more tight in the front with the Fox 34 SC.

mirphak

« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2023, 07:53:26 AM »
So I’ve ridden my riot for 1,5 years now, 1.200kms and counting (I have another hard tail and a gravel / road bike). All still going strong and no complaints!

One thing that occurred today was that the derailleur hanger got bent slightly which made my GX Eagle AXS shift completely shit. I’ve aligned the hanger with the tool, cleaned the derailleur and chain while I was at it and everything is smooth again.

But it made me wonder: is the riot also compatible with the new SRAM T type direct mount derailleurs?

Mine has the UDH hanger, so it should. Not sure if they included it from the very beginning or they silently upgraded the design. Can you takea pic of your hanger?

Silverado123

« Reply #190 on: September 20, 2023, 09:12:53 PM »
Really the UDH? I wonder if mine has that or will take it?

mirphak

« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2023, 12:59:48 PM »
Yes, *mine* has the UDH hanger. No idea about yours.

Leshiy

« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2023, 06:23:32 AM »
Hi all. I plan to purchase this frame and start assembling it in the winter. Now I’m purchasing everything I need (some tools, missing components). I immediately thought about bearings in the suspension. I saw at the beginning of this topic that the suspension had 4 bearings of type 698 (19x8x6 mm). In the latest versions of the frame there is an assumption that others are installed - 19x10x5 mm (type 6800) with rubber rings. I'm right? I would like to order bearings of the MAX series (maximum number of balls are inserted into the bearing). For example, ENDURO MAX, 6800 LLU.
What size bearings are currently included in the suspension in the latest versions of the frame?

mirphak

« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2023, 02:51:57 PM »
well built this bike is amazing :)

Silverado123

« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2024, 04:28:53 PM »
What size bearings do i need, both at the main pivot and at the linkage? My apologies if its been answered already l must have missed it. Thanks