Author Topic: Chiner Finishing Components  (Read 1019 times)

OlieSimpson

Chiner Finishing Components
« on: July 10, 2021, 01:50:13 AM »
Hi All,

While I'm waiting for my VB-R-168 to arrive I'm going to start pulling all of the parts together that I'll need to finish the build. My original plan was to get Shimano 105 kit(or second hand Ultegra if I can find it) as this is what I primarily have on my current build that will be transferred over to the new frame, however I'm interested to hear if there are any Chiner alternatives that you have tested and rate higher than 105 for the same (or ideally less) budget.

The parts I need are:

All of the parts must work with Shimano 11spd as they'll be used with 105 shifters and a 105 rear mech.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Olie

jokage

Re: Chiner Finishing Components
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 03:05:08 AM »
Similarly, I am going for a mix 105 R7000. I've already got the RD, FD, non-hydraulic brifters, and a 34T cassette. All of them are currently installed on my foldie.

I've wanted the R7000 165mm 50-34T cranks, but as it was out of stock everywhere, and as I am not sure about the right chainrings for me yet, I've decided to get a CVR (ZRACE Hardrock) from AliExpress. I've already received it, and it's a bit lighter than an R7000 but still heavier than an R8000 (based on the specs).

For the brake calipers, I've got the Juin F1 (Taiwan) from AliX. Not sure whether it'll fit the frame. I am still waiting for Trace Velo to review his. I hope that it'll be better than the ZRace ones and on-par with TRP's.

Previously, I was using a Chiner cassette (Decaf). But after some issues, I've replaced it with an R7000 cassette. It feels much precise and snappier now. I'd say, go get one from Shimano or from a well-known brand for this component.

Schumo

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 03:16:53 AM »
- Cranks: Not many roadbike options on Ali. I bought a Goldix one for my old roadbike, which is cheap but not very light. For my new one I got a Rotor Crankset of AliX, for almost 50% off. Not available anymore for that price. There are some Carbon Cranks on AliX, but I never heard anything about them. https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32856873519.html
- Cassette: I run a "ultralight" Sunshine/Goldix one, can't say anything bad about them, but I don't have the comparison to Shimano. https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000223517412.html
- Chain: I went with KMC/SRAM Chains, as they're not much more expensive than AliX ones.
- BB: I run a ZTTO BB386 on my roadbike, so far without problems. I bought a "Noname" BB92 which looks like the ZTTO one, and came with a ZTTO branding (maybe a fake?), and the bearings were done after only 60kms on my MTB in muddy/winter conditions. I wouldn't spend the extra money on cheap chinese ceramic bearings.
- FD: The one from LTwoos R9 groupset should be alright according to Trace Velo. Not sure if you can find it for sale alone, maybe contact some sellers on AliX.

jokage

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 06:15:45 AM »
Oh! If you ever in the need of something more than just cranks, take a look at Magene P325 CS.

1Sigma

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 02:28:55 PM »
At this point in time you won't find anything on Aliexpress on par with the 105. 
You may find things that are better value per dollar, although this will be largely subjective.

Cranks - The one to look out for would be the Incolor Skypivot Carbon cranks.  They are not out yet though. If you want a meter, the P325CS is a good option, but heavier.  I have these

11spd cassette - Sunshine standard (not ultralight) are well reviewed and on par with the 105 for

BB: ZTTO should be fine. I'd opt for plain steel bearings though.  Guaranteed the ceramics run on steel races.  Since the BB is under heavy load, the races will get worn through in no time.

Braze-on Front Derailleur: the Sensah Empire FD is braze on and weighs about the same as the 105
Better than average - Extra Average

Nickk2000

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 03:25:02 PM »
Sensah empire fd sucks ass. Id recommend not buying it (doesnt matter if you buy a whole kit) but i ended up not using it and got a 105 which then warrantied to an ultegra. Havent looked back since.