Author Topic: MTB 29" OG-EVKIN CF-054  (Read 2073 times)

robertofrr

MTB 29" OG-EVKIN CF-054
« on: July 14, 2021, 04:43:06 AM »

Hello
I'm Roberto from Italy, that is my new bike.
All components are new and have been bought to Aliexpress.
Only the tyres and tube have been bought to Bike-discount.de

Frame: OG-EVKIN CF-054 taglia 17", BSA, Boost, 29er
Fork: OG-EVKIN FK-007 Full Carbon
Wheels: OG-EVKIN XC-MW-001 31x24mm, Novatec hubs D791SB D792SB, spokes Pillar 28/28
Seatpost: Elita One 31,6x400m carbon
Saddle: Toseek titanium rail
Bottle Cage: Toseek carbon
Handlebar: Race Face next flat 720mm carbon
Stem: alloy Yishun 100mm 7°
Shift and derailleur: SENSAH XRX 1x12s
Crankset: ZRACE Hardrock Boost 34t - 175mm
BB: ZRACE bsa
Cassette: Sunshine 11-46T
Chain: YBN 12s 126L
Brake and brake lever: Shimano Deore BR-M6120 4 piston
Disk: Avid G3 160/180
Tyre: Continental Cross King 29"x2.2" TLR Folding
Tube: Continental
Pedal: Zeray ZP-108S Spd compatible
Hand Grips: Ztto AG-15 Silicone grips, alloy clamp

Weight 9,9 Kg

Marcell96

Re: MTB 29" OG-EVKIN CF-054
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 02:44:25 PM »
Hi, I like your clean matte black look and I see that you have the exact seatpost that I just ordered, how is your experience with it?
Since it's the most sold carbon seatpost on Ali I expect exellence ;D

Also I beleive that I've been looking at the same handlebar but with a rise, it is very cheap though, how is the finish on it?
Did you use any grease between the alloy stem and carbon bar? I read that it could couse some problems otherwise.

darius72

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 08:26:48 PM »
Very nice and neat; probably a bit on the heavy side due to aliexpress components; my 29" XC bike with chinese carbon frame and wheels weight 9.4 kg with a 100 mm rockshox fork.
Still a nice built and probably not too heavy on the wallet.

robertofrr

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 02:37:09 AM »
Hi, I like your clean matte black look and I see that you have the exact seatpost that I just ordered, how is your experience with it?
Since it's the most sold carbon seatpost on Ali I expect exellence ;D

Also I beleive that I've been looking at the same handlebar but with a rise, it is very cheap though, how is the finish on it?
Did you use any grease between the alloy stem and carbon bar? I read that it could couse some problems otherwise.

Seatpost is cheap, light and at the moment works well.
About grease, I don't know, the bike has mounted by a mechanic

robertofrr

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 03:47:37 AM »
Very nice and neat; probably a bit on the heavy side due to aliexpress components; my 29" XC bike with chinese carbon frame and wheels weight 9.4 kg with a 100 mm rockshox fork.
Still a nice built and probably not too heavy on the wallet.

Thanks.
Yes is light bike but not superlight.
I wanted assemble a light bike without making my wallet too light

noizz

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 10:18:05 AM »
Hello
I'm Roberto from Italy, that is my new bike.
Very nice build, especially the rigid fork that's a bit uncommon.

How did you manage cable routing through the triple cable thing on front? Mine is loose/rattles and is suspect the shifting is subpar due to that.

BTW - there's already a CF-054 topic - https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3226.0.html feel free to join us!

I have one, but I never figured out how to level it properly, there is no easy access to the front screw, so you need to screw it in by feel before and then tighten the rear screw to level the saddle. However, even when I leveled the seat the front would dive down on weight a bit. I suspect I was missing some part, maybe. After a few months the seat post started creaking and it went to the drawer.

Marcell96

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 11:54:27 AM »
@noizz Yeah I saw that they didn't make the front bolt have a thumb screw nut as other name brands do, I guess they expect you to have a saddle with an opening.
But creaking should normally be fixable with some grease, at least with aluminium saddle rails, anyway I've got a backup aluminium seatpost just in case ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 11:56:34 AM by Marcell96 »

robertofrr

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 03:18:44 AM »
Very nice build, especially the rigid fork that's a bit uncommon.

How did you manage cable routing through the triple cable thing on front? Mine is loose/rattles and is suspect the shifting is subpar due to that.

BTW - there's already a CF-054 topic - https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3226.0.html feel free to join us!

Thanks.
At the moment I'm testing the rigid fork in my flat country near rivers Adda and Po. I'm testing also the bike on agro-pastoral roads in the pre-Alps and the rigid fork work well. Next time, probably, I will replace the fork with suspension fork 100mm or 120mm.

I hadn't seen your topic, I'll go see it

My mechanic had difficulty with the cable routing.
He did not mount the front derailleur and the cable stop plate is loose in its seat.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 04:03:39 AM by robertofrr »

noizz

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2021, 08:34:56 AM »
My mechanic had difficulty with the cable routing.
He did not mount the front derailleur and the cable stop plate is loose in its seat.
Yeah, that's the issue I have. I plan to drill larger diameter hole in the routing thing and run full wires from shifters to mechs, this should solve shifting issues. The plate will still be loose, but it wouldn't matter that much and ir can be glued with double sided tape or something.